Honest Question For Dems (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:20:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Honest Question For Dems (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Honest Question For Dems  (Read 7400 times)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« on: December 08, 2003, 08:48:44 PM »

Thos makes the assumption that Bill and Hillary's political agendas are one and the same. I beg to differ. They disagree on issues; many have said it's a facade of a marriage. When Fla was involved in recount, Bill stayed quiet (and was busy giving pardons); Hillary spoke out and "predicted" or hoped out loud that Gore would prevail. Hillary has supported abolition of the electoral college; Bill has not. Bill has proposed ending the limit on two terms for the Presidency; Hillary has said she would not support such a move. Bill is the totally self-interested one, Hillary, while certainly ambitious, is less willing to compromise her views to grab power. I can certainly see Bill hoping the Dems lose so he has a better chance of being "first dude" but I don't see Hillary in any conscious way plotting the downfall of her party. The suggestion that she puts herself ahead of the causes she has espoused for decades is merely the contempt right wingers have for anything unlike them. Get a grip and focus on the workings of your own party, which has clearly abandoned the "less government" mantra both in terms of federal spending and protecting the civil liberties of its citizens. Also, the title of the thread is true to GOP form: the topic was neither honest nor a question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies