Honest Question For Dems (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:09:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Honest Question For Dems (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Honest Question For Dems  (Read 7393 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: December 07, 2003, 08:42:36 PM »

Bill and Hillary want the Dem nominee to win, whomever that is. They probably would rather see someone other than Dean win the nomination, but they will support Dean if he does win, and if he wants their help they'll give it to him in the campaign. If they were so intent on stopping Dean they would've endorsed someone else.
The Clintons care about the country and their party more than their own personal ambitions. I know you don't agree, but my conclusion about this is just as obvious to me as yours is to you.

You really have to be kidding.  The Clintons have never put the good of the country ahead of their own personal ambitions.  If Hillary thought the Democrats could win in 2004, she'd be running, without question.  She's sitting it out because she doesn't want to lose.

The Clintons will do next to nothing to help Dean if he gets the nomination, and they'll probably work to sabotage him from behind the scenes.  That leaves the field open for Hillary in 2008.  She certainly doesn't want to wait until 2012, and she knows the Democrats have their best chance after (presumably) 8 years of Republican rule.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies