Honest Question For Dems (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:04:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Honest Question For Dems (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Honest Question For Dems  (Read 7403 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

« on: December 08, 2003, 10:14:19 AM »

You really have to be kidding.  The Clintons have never put the good of the country ahead of their own personal ambitions.  If Hillary thought the Democrats could win in 2004, she'd be running, without question.  She's sitting it out because she doesn't want to lose.
Ok now, settle down.  Let's not drag this into a "Clinton is evil, Bush is evil" argument.

In response to the original question I have to say that while Howard Dean is not my favorite of the Democratic candidates (my personal favorite is John Kerry) I would vote for him over George Bush.  In fact I'd vote for any of the Democratic candidates (except Sharpton & Kucinich) over Bush.

I think most Democrats feel this same way.  On our side of the fence there is a general dissatisfaction with Bush's performance.  I tend to believe that the Clintons probably feel the same way.  They will both endorse whomever wins the nomination.

If the nominee (whether that is Dean, Kerry, or whomever) wins the general election then that individual will, unquestionably, become the leader of the party.  Should that happen, Hillary is best served (whether you believe her motives to be noble or self-serving) by working with that person.

Would there be some tension?  Yes, probably some as there was between Robert Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson.

Would I, as a Democrat, hate being "caught in the middle"?  Well, I'd prefer it to 4 more years of a Bush administration.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 01:58:07 PM »

oh yeah Clintons put country before own ambitions, HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA

Yeah Hilliary waited a long time before running for office and keeping things alive froma  state she never really associated with, NY, while Bill was still in office.
So you realize that a message with this kind of tone is just inviting a flame war, right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies