Mitt Romney: Actual Change or More of the same?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:43:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney: Actual Change or More of the same?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would Mitt Romney actually do what he claims to do?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Mitt Romney: Actual Change or More of the same?  (Read 436 times)
futurepres
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.97, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:04:23 PM »

I say no. Because Romneycare was the model for Obamacare. Plus, he favors Gun Control, he also would have signed NDAA just as Obama had done. He has been pro choice before as well. I don't understand how Republicans can trust this man.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Mitt_Romney.htm
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »

Both -- change back to the Bush doctrine that brought us into the recession in the first place.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:54:44 PM »

Same thing Obama's been doing, which is the same thing Bush did, et al.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:24:17 PM »

Well considering the economy is currently improving slowly, and Romney's policies and the Tea Party's policies (but I repeat myself) would cause a double-dip recession, there would be "actual change", yes.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »

Well considering the economy is currently improving slowly, and Romney's policies and the Tea Party's policies (but I repeat myself) would cause a double-dip recession, there would be "actual change", yes.
I highly doubt Romney will actually change anything.  Tax code will remain the same, and spending will continue to outpace revenues. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »

Well you must give Mitt this: he really does like change...
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »

I'll take the man at his word, since for once he is taking unpopular stances. If he's saying that he will raise taxes on the majority of Americans, I expect him to do it.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 08:29:36 PM »

I think Romney's policies would be different, but the results wouldn't be the same.  The economy might improve, but obviously I wouldn't believe that would be attributed to his policies since it's already on the correct path.  And of course, anyone who thinks that the debt or deficit would decrease under his administration is clearly living in denial.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »

Didn't the OP has a Blue avatar a short time ago?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »

I say no. Because Romneycare was the model for Obamacare. Plus, he favors Gun Control, he also would have signed NDAA just as Obama had done. He has been pro choice before as well. I don't understand how Republicans can trust this man.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Mitt_Romney.htm

We don't -_-
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »

lol no. Expect all the same from the clown, just like Obama and Bush.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

I really don't like people who say "Oh, the Democrats and the Republicans are the same thing, man! They're both parts of the capitalist/government system, man!", because they aren't.

Romney would repeal Obamacare. Obama would keep it.
Romney would raise taxes on the middle class and the poor and cut them on the rich. Obama would do the opposite.
Romney would veto the DREAM Act. Obama would sign it.

Et cetera, et cetera.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

I really don't like people who say "Oh, the Democrats and the Republicans are the same thing, man! They're both parts of the capitalist/government system, man!", because they aren't.

Romney would raise taxes on the middle class and the poor and cut them on the rich. Obama would do the opposite.

Et cetera, et cetera.

For one, Romney used to be heavily in support of a lot of what Obama has actually done. Obamacare was Romney's idea. Romney used to support the rights of gays and women. Romney also, actually, was for affirmative action back when he was running against Ted Kennedy. Of course, to get elected as a Republican presidential candidate, he had to change all of these views so that they fit the conservative mold, but he doesn't mean a word of it.

Not to mention, they agree on foreign policy on almost everything, except Obama doesn't want to bomb the sh**t out of Iran YET, while Romney wants to do it right away. They both want to keep the Patriot Act alive and Gitmo open. Plus, even on the immigration issue, Romney never specified whether or not he wanted to revoke Obama's executive order.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 10:13:12 PM »

Et cetera, et cetera.

For one, Romney used to be heavily in support of a lot of what Obama has actually done. Obamacare was Romney's idea. Romney used to support the rights of gays and women. Romney also, actually, was for affirmative action back when he was running against Ted Kennedy. Of course, to get elected as a Republican presidential candidate, he had to change all of these views so that they fit the conservative mold, but he doesn't mean a word of it.

Not to mention, they agree on foreign policy on almost everything, except Obama doesn't want to bomb the sh**t out of Iran YET, while Romney wants to do it right away. They both want to keep the Patriot Act alive and Gitmo open. Plus, even on the immigration issue, Romney never specified whether or not he wanted to revoke Obama's executive order.

It doesn't matter what he used to support. He doesn't now. Old Mitt is not running for president. New Mitt is. And I think there's a large difference in wanting to bomb the sh**t out of Iran immediately and doing it for a logical reason. If an ally of the United States is attacked, that's a justification for attacking the attacker, don't you agree?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies