Why is it always the race card? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:50:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why is it always the race card? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is it always the race card?  (Read 8703 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: August 09, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »

I assume your talking about Nazism. You misunderstand me. I support helping the deserving poor and disadvantaged through charity. I myself have given money to charity regularly. I don't support on the other hand this idea of the government redistributing the hard earned wealth of the tax payer to the poor, usually the undeserving. The state should get out of this vicious cycle of subsidies to the poor and unemployed, which provide them with no incentive to work, earn and save. Not only that, it would ease the tax burden on the hard working backbone of society, the employed.
Are you suggesting that we'd see 100% employment if welfare was eliminated? We know this isn't the case, because unemployment existed before welfare programs were created(and indeed exists today in third/second world countries without welfare programs.)

As to subsidies and incentives, the various tax credits targeted at the working poor actually increase their incentive to work, increase their earning and enable greater savings.
To assume that all Southerners are a bunch of racist, brown-shirt, cross-burning Klansmen in white sheets and pointy hats is wrong, bigoted, and untrue.  I think most of them had probably moved on from racial issues by the time Reagan made those statements.  The demographics had changed and younger generations of voters who were less racist started voting, and this is precisely one of the factors that helped Reagan in the South in 1980, as well as his strength with religious conservatives.
Objectively wrong:http://www.gallup.com/poll/149390/Record-High-Approve-Black-White-Marriages.aspx

In 1980 ~60% of Americans did not support the legality of interracial marriage. It was no doubt an even higher percentage in the South.
Yes, but racism wasn't widely accepted by society anymore by that time.  Where's your evidence that the percentage was higher in the South?  And besides, just because someone doesn't believe in interracial marriage doesn't mean he/she is racist.

....ummmm...and pray tell what other reasons would there be for people to "not believe" (whatever that means) in interracial marriage?
Yes.  Many good, well-meaning people have been against it because of false perceptions of health risks to the children of interracial marriages.

What the hell are you talking about? There is no evidence of any health risks to mixed race children, indeed it would imply a healthier population if there is mixing of genes from parts of the world far away from each other. Anyone who thinks it has health risks is a racist. But maybe they are nice about it, who knows.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »

Oldiesfreak, if a person views different races as so distinct that interbreeding is dangerous, that's racist by definition.  It was only a pervasive racism in society that allowed people to believe in distinct races to the extent of considering them almost different species in spite of the clear as day evidence that characteristics considered racial fall along a continuum.
I know there are many black kids even today that worry that they will get some sorts of diseases if they receive blood transfusions from whites.

How do you "know"?

I know there are many black kids even today that worry that they will get some sorts of diseases if they receive blood transfusions from whites.

Yeah, but Oldiesfreak, they're black, so no matter how ignorant they are they just can't be racist Smiley

No one is saying black people can't be racist...

Yes but the flood of racism expounded by numerous black politicians is barely ever picked up on.

Flood? Sure you aren't just a racist yourself?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »

Oldiesfreak, if a person views different races as so distinct that interbreeding is dangerous, that's racist by definition.  It was only a pervasive racism in society that allowed people to believe in distinct races to the extent of considering them almost different species in spite of the clear as day evidence that characteristics considered racial fall along a continuum.

How do you "know"?

Yeah, but Oldiesfreak, they're black, so no matter how ignorant they are they just can't be racist Smiley

No one is saying black people can't be racist...

Yes but the flood of racism expounded by numerous black politicians is barely ever picked up on.

Flood? Sure you aren't just a racist yourself?

I didn't say anything racist. Its just judging from Jesse Jackson Sr., Chuck Rangel, Julius Malema etc.

There is no flood of racist comments from black congressman. Sure, it happens from time to time and of course some Blacks are racist, just as is true for any race or ethnicity. But your comment may indicate that you are trying to inflate racist comments from Blacks in order to justify your own racist feelings.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »

You are free to explain why you feel the need to make up facts about black congressman.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »

You are free to explain why you feel the need to make up facts about black congressman.

I don't make up factd. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as Hymies, and Rangel

"Fairness dictates that the sons and daughters of the white middle and upper classes share the burden of war".

Plenty of whites have shared the burdens of these wars

Jesse Jackson said that in the 1980s!!! Thanks for proving my point!

Also what Rangel said is true, and note that he said middle class and upper middle class whites need to share the burden more. He said nothing about more working class whites who do share a disproportionate amount of the burden, as do Blacks and Hispanics. He shouldn't have said white there, but that was a classist argument if anything, not a racial one.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Whenever you put southern African whites in the mix, it tends to happen.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »

Whenever you put southern African whites in the mix, it tends to happen.

Hey, Rhodesian!

(though I do actually now live and work in Cape Town)

Hey, I sympathize with you guys a lot. Mugabe has totally ruined your country. Just know that all people are capable of being racist, but usually racism by the majority is taken more seriously since they could actually do something about it. Again something you must be familiar with....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies