Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 07:35:00 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  Did I make the right decision
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Did I make the right decision?
Yes   -10 (52.6%)
No   -2 (10.5%)
NY Jew   -7 (36.8%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Did I make the right decision  (Read 647 times)
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P P P

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:17:03 pm »
Ignore

So I went and got my permit. Forgot my glasses, so my mom had to drive back and get them. Luckily, the fact that I failed my eye exam on the first try was discounted. I was also offered a chance to register to vote. Apparently you can register to vote at 16, you just can't, you know, vote...I declined but I kind of regret it. It was on the spot. I debate for a few seconds if I should register Libertarian, Constitution, or Republican. Republicans give me a greater career choice if I go into some type of political strategy career, as well as allowing me to vote in primaries. I declined, and said I would sometime before 2014 (when I will be able to vote), but I regret it now. Should I have registered, or should I just wait?

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:27:10 pm »
Ignore

Yes, you made the right decision. Two years from now, you might be more inclined to register with a certain party. If offered the opportunity to register, I'd probably wait until I was 18 as well.

Also, congrats on getting your permit! Cheesy I won't be able to get mine until I'm at least 17 Tongue

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:22:18 pm »
Ignore

This decision will have literally no effect on your life, I promise.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:37:51 pm »
Ignore

This decision will have literally no effect on your life, I promise.
It won't at all, I'm just debating if it was worth the time or not.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 11:08:28 pm »
Ignore

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 11:51:49 pm »
Ignore

You made the right decision. I was rushed as well to registered to vote at the Romney rally and didn't have the chance to debate if I wanted to be Independent, Republican or Democrat (sorry third parties and even independent since I want to vote in the primaries).

All In For KC
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:05 am »
Ignore

Oh, don't worry! You'll have many opportunities to register to vote in the coming years. Smiley

Indiana has completely open primaries and no party registration, which stinks, but oh well.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:36 am »
Ignore

there wasn't a wrong decision here.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 04:49:54 am »
Ignore

Yes, everybody should get a driver's license.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 10:17:16 am »
Ignore

You should've pre-registered; it'd probably help you get more involved in party work and such.

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 10:45:50 am »
Ignore

You made the right decision. This will give you more time about which party you want to register with, and when you do you'll be able to do so with more confidence.

tb78
tb75
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 10:55:03 am »
Ignore

You did the right thing. I registered as a Republican when I did it but I wish I went Independent instead. It will give you a chance to think it through.
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 11:13:38 am »
Ignore

What if you moved before you could vote? Wouldn't you just have to re-register again? Right decision.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:04 am »
Ignore

N/A, Bad thread

Atlas is not your mom
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 10:17:18 am »
Ignore

N/A, Bad thread

Atlas is not your mom
I simply weighed the pros and cons and asked the forum for their opinion. Your right-Atlas is much more intelligent compared to my mom in these kind of matters Tongue

What if you moved before you could vote? Wouldn't you just have to re-register again? Right decision.
See, I never took that into account. Good point.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 08:55:37 pm »
Ignore

I'd have registered, just to say "yeah, it's done". But I'm me, so take advice with a grain of salt.

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 09:15:36 am »
Ignore

I turned 16 in 2008, but I didn't even get the basic drivers license (which doesn't require knowing how to drive) until 2011, when I was 19. And I'm only taking actual driving classes now, at 20. I know a girl who is only getting driving classes at 24.

Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 01:32:59 pm »
Ignore

So I went and got my permit. Forgot my glasses, so my mom had to drive back and get them. Luckily, the fact that I failed my eye exam on the first try was discounted. I was also offered a chance to register to vote. Apparently you can register to vote at 16, you just can't, you know, vote...I declined but I kind of regret it. It was on the spot. I debate for a few seconds if I should register Libertarian, Constitution, or Republican. Republicans give me a greater career choice if I go into some type of political strategy career, as well as allowing me to vote in primaries. I declined, and said I would sometime before 2014 (when I will be able to vote), but I regret it now. Should I have registered, or should I just wait?
I didn't register to vote until after I was 18.  On my 18th birthday, I printed out a registration form and filled it out, and the next day I hand-delivered it to my local clerk.  But I live in an open primary state, so I didn't register with a party.  (Although if I could have, I would've registered as a Republican.)  I think it would be nice if you could list a party preference in open primary states, just as long as it didn't have any binding on which primary you could vote in.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
When I voted for the first time a few weeks ago, I announced "damnit, I voted for Pat Buchanan!" Nobody got it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout