Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 03:08:38 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Romney spokeswoman: If only laid off worker had been mandated to buy insurance!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Romney spokeswoman: If only laid off worker had been mandated to buy insurance!  (Read 510 times)
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:12:14 pm »
Ignore

http://www.businessinsider.com/romneycare-andrea-saul-mitt-romney-obamacare-bain-capital-2012-8

Mitt Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul appeared on Fox News' America's Newsroom this morning to hammer the controversial ad from a pro-Obama SuperPAC that blames Romney for the death of a steelworker's wife.

But in defending Romney, she veered way off message, explaining that if the steelworker, Joe Soptic, had lived in Massachusetts, he and his wife would have been able to get health insurance under Romney's health-care reform legislation.

Here's what she told Fox anchor Bill Hemmer, via Think Progress:

SAUL: To that point, you know, if people had been in Massachusetts under Governor Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care. There are a lot of people losing their jobs and their health care in President Obama’s economy.

Now conservatives are freaking out about it. Conservatives' main gripe with Romney all the way back to the primary season was his implementation of Obamacare on a state level and the thought that he would be an ineffective messenger on repealing the president's legislation.

Noted poorly-named crazy right-winger Erick Erickson responds:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:14:44 pm by Lief »Logged

Lowly Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:14:05 pm »
Ignore

This is what happens when you pick a spokeswoman from my home town. Blabbering idiots.

I don't have to meet a certain standard in order for God to allow me into heaven.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 03:34:33 pm »
Ignore

could you stop caring about these meaningless day-to-day machinations?
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 03:37:37 pm »
Ignore

Not while I'm at home for the summer with nothing to do, nope. Sad

Boris
boris78
YaBB God
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 03:49:20 pm »
Ignore

Not while I'm at home for the summer with nothing to do, nope. Sad

You're probably gonna need some experience for your law degree to mean anything, although things will change irrespectively of whichever bloke lives at 1600 by 2015. Find a girl, drink a Long Island, live your life.

stegosaurus
YaBB God
United States

P P
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 04:15:16 pm »
Ignore

Erick Erickson, and those of his predilection, are idiots. That's as far as I care to comment on this nonsense; server space is expensive.

liberty or death.
TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 06:32:18 pm »
Ignore

Erick Erickson, and those of his predilection, are idiots. That's as far as I care to comment on this nonsense; server space is expensive.

You're going to ignore the fact that Romney and his team obviously think that Obamacare is a good policy and were only opposed to it to win the primary?

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 06:45:27 pm »
Ignore

You're going to ignore the fact that Romney and his team obviously think that Obamacare is a good policy and were only opposed to it to win the primary?

Contrary to the all the hype about "Romney running away from MA b/c of HC" Romney never actually abandoned it that I can recall, beyond saying there were some things the legislature overrode him on.

Using a false media narrative about a past event as the comparative standard to claim an inconsistency in the present, doesn't really work.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 06:51:18 pm »
Ignore

Contrary to the all the hype about "Romney running away from MA b/c of HC" Romney never actually abandoned it that I can recall, beyond saying there were some things the legislature overrode him on.

Using a false media narrative about a past event as the comparative standard to claim an inconsistency in the present, doesn't really work.

But still a campaign member endorsed it. You can't really criticize laws on procedure by saying "we support the same laws...if they are done by the states".

the result is a sense that we were told to attend a lavish dinner party that was going to be wonderful and by the time we got there, all the lobster and steak had been eaten, a fight had broken out, the police had been called and all that was left was warm beer and chips.
[/quot
Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 07:11:15 pm »
Ignore

Romney supports what benefits him politically. If health care mandates were light bulbs he'd say the weather in Massachusetts uniquely made it worthwhile to use light bulbs but kerosene lamps are superior for Texas.

Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 07:22:34 pm »
Ignore

A Romney spokeswoman, not Romney himself, made a gaffe. Big deal. Moving along...

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 07:26:34 pm »
Ignore

Gaffe = accidentally mentioning your candidate's most significant policy achievement while governor.

pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 08:07:42 pm »
Ignore

Mandated purchases of insurance, especially private, for-profit insurance with no regulation of cost, make sense only in a context of full employment or a guaranteed income. American medical coverage is more expensive than the incomes of many full-time workers in the Third World.

America has all in all the shabbiest social-safety net in the advanced industrial world.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 09:24:02 pm »
Ignore

It's never been any secret Romney has no real standing to attack Obamacare, and most in the Romney campaign probably know it (not all obviously).

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 09:30:45 pm »
Ignore

And there goes that spokeswoman.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 09:40:42 pm »
Ignore

Worst-run major-party campaign since Goldwater.

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout