Muslims boycott Holocaust remembrance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:57:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Muslims boycott Holocaust remembrance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Muslims boycott Holocaust remembrance  (Read 2288 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2005, 10:51:16 AM »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1452462,00.html

''BRITISH Muslims are to boycott this week’s commemoration of the liberation of Auschwitz because they claim it is not racially inclusive and does not commemorate the victims of the Palestinian conflict.''

They won't win much support with that stance.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 11:08:18 AM »

Your Muslims seem much more irrational than ours.  I have no idea why that is.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 11:12:13 AM »

Under political correctness, Muslims have been granted "victim" status, which means that anything they do can be justified.

Therefore, blind Muslim hatred of Jews, on par with that of the Nazis, is perfectly acceptable.  But a Christian who expresses mild reservations about the direction of Islam deserves to be vilified.

This doesn't surprise me in the least.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 11:56:08 AM »

Under political correctness, Muslims have been granted "victim" status, which means that anything they do can be justified.

Therefore, blind Muslim hatred of Jews, on par with that of the Nazis, is perfectly acceptable.  But a Christian who expresses mild reservations about the direction of Islam deserves to be vilified.

That, plus there are entire villages in the UK composed of mostly Pakistanis... There simply are so many more of them in a much smaller area.
scorpiogurl
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 01:22:23 PM »

That, plus there are entire villages in the UK composed of mostly Pakistanis... There simply are so many more of them in a much smaller area.
Oh where??
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 01:28:23 PM »

Last time I checked, Pakistani's tend to be concentrated in urban areas.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »

I think he means "villages" of London, not small isolated towns.  I heard the term "villiage" applied to many areas of London will I was there.  Thought it was quite daft myself.  Smiley
Tory

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 02:15:42 PM »

Not to my knowledge.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 02:22:34 PM »

Why don't you put them in concentration camps and give them a holocaust of thier own?

I wouldn't mind it if Israel gassed Palestinians.
scorpiogurl
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 03:14:53 PM »

A little off the point....on Friday afternoon I noticed 15-20 youths (Pakistani) running amok through New Street Station, draped in the Pakistani flag and chanting some pro Pakistani/Islamic slogans (I don't speak Urdu but I assume that is what it was).

The whole thing was somewhat intimidating.

I couldn't help thinking that if they had been white lads draped in the Union flag......they would have been accused of racism and the police may well have been called.

Is this a double standard??
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 03:21:16 PM »

Why didn't you take a gun and shoot some of them?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 04:14:44 PM »

This part of the article is the meat of the matter in my opinion.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
All too often Zionists have tried to portray the Holocaust as a uniquely Jewish tragedy, when in reality the Nazi's had a number of targets for their hate.  It merely was that in absolute numbers, the Jews were the largest such group that was targeted.  I can see why anti-Zionists would buy into such distortion of history as well for their own purposes, but that doesn't mean that I like it when either group does it.
Cashcow

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 04:18:21 PM »

Don't forget Dearborn, Michigan!

Honestly, these people just need to shut the hell up already.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 04:24:29 PM »

Why don't you put them in concentration camps and give them a holocaust of thier own?

Um...I take it this is extreme sarcasm?  Am I missing something?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 05:22:30 PM »

Um...I take it this is extreme sarcasm?  Am I missing something?

He's after attention... ignore him and he (might) go away...
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »

A little off the point....on Friday afternoon I noticed 15-20 youths (Pakistani) running amok through New Street Station, draped in the Pakistani flag and chanting some pro Pakistani/Islamic slogans (I don't speak Urdu but I assume that is what it was).

I couldn't help thinking that if they had been white lads draped in the Union flag......they would have been accused of racism and the police may well have been called.

You bet it is.  Political correctness is inherently self-destructive in that it gives greater latitude to those who wish us ill than it does to those who wish us well.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 06:35:25 PM »

You bet it is.  Political correctness is inherently self-destructive in that it gives greater latitude to those who wish us ill than it does to those who wish us well.

Yes its a double standard but the reason it exists is that Pakistani nationalism in Britain could never threaten the white majority whilist white nationalism could completely threaten the muslim minority. Not to say any double standard is right, it never is, but I'm just saying that's why things are the way they are, and most people know this intuitively. Its the same kind of dynamic in American society.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2005, 07:05:49 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2005, 07:07:52 PM by AuH2O »

I think their objection has a lot of validity, though their motivation is self-interested.

Many, many bad things have happened in human history to all kinds of people. So then the question becomes, when do certain events become so tragic that all of mankind must act sorrowful about them?

The way the Holocaust is remembered is very instructional in this regard. Mainstream sources claim ~12 million people died as a result of imprisonment and/or execution by the Nazi government. As a previous poster noted, only half that total is alleged to have been Jewish.

However, the Holocaust is portrayed as Jewish suffering at the hands of Europeans. No other group is accorded the same 'victim' status. The justification for this, presumably, is that Jews have been 'persecuted' for so long- making it more worthy of attention.

Another capitalized non-war is, of course, the Inquisition, which is primarily vilified on the basis of Jews being expelled from Spain. Of course, all non-Catholics were strongly encouraged to leave. Spain had been occupied by Muslims, and they were hardly welcome in Spain after their defeat.

Back to the original topic, the 'Holocaust' is 'remembered' in a way that suggests Jews are more important than other people (what of the 20 million Russians that died in the war? The millions that died after it?) and basically ignores unjust regimes as THE problem.

There are a lot of lessons to learn from the wars of the 20th century, and there is nothing to gain from weeping over the suffering of ONE group of people, with an accompanying guilt trip required from Germany and other European states.

Frankly, I think the German people suffered enough when their children were burned alive in fire bombings that they shouldn't be yearly prostrated to enhance the notion of Jews as everlasting victims.

They aren't. Humans are everlasting victims of war and conflict in general, but it is not unique to one group and indeed it is a part of human nature. As for me, I'll pass on crying for people that died in camps and then, later in the year, cheering the use of atomic weapons on Japanese civilians.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 02:35:30 PM »

I think he means "villages" of London, not small isolated towns.  I heard the term "villiage" applied to many areas of London will I was there.  Thought it was quite daft myself.  Smiley

Greenwich Village? Dulwich Village? The reason behind that is those were actually villages that were absorbed into London in many cases - like Dulwich Village.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 08:43:48 PM »

Yes its a double standard but the reason it exists is that Pakistani nationalism in Britain could never threaten the white majority whilist white nationalism could completely threaten the muslim minority. Not to say any double standard is right, it never is, but I'm just saying that's why things are the way they are, and most people know this intuitively. Its the same kind of dynamic in American society.

There are three differences:
1. The US is almost a special case - it is ALMOST uniquely accepting of new immigrants as "American". Many countries, including a good deal of Europe, lack this. There's a good chance the Pakistanis in Britain won't assimilate. Same with Algerians in France.  Not that 'multiculturalists' aren't damaging this - they have, to an extent.
2. In some of these countries, in a few decades the whites (more accurately, the native population) won't be a majority. Don't believe it? Much of Europe reproduces at below replacement level - ranging from 1.4-1.8 children per couple. Yet the population level in many countries is remaining the same, or growing, rather then declining. Some of this is improved healthcare leading to longer life expectancy, but a lot of it is immigration. Although some is from Eastern Europe and from Christian and Pagan regions in Africa, a lot is Islamic.
3. Although not all muslims are terrorists, and not all terrorists are muslims, there's a strong correlation. Islamofascist terror groups, in addition, are almost the only groups with active terror operations worldwide (Unlike skinheads or non-muslim ethnic groups [ie Tamil Tigers, IRA, various Basque groups]). And the ones that do have wide outreach -  Mafia-types and ecoterrorists - are usually less devastating in their attacks [ecoterrorists usually don't kill anyone, Mafia-types usually only kill their 'enemies' and are more interested in (illicit) business then destruction]. Islamic-affiliated terror groups are essentially the only worldwide terror group that resorts to massive violence, now  that the various Communist groups have largely collapsed post-USSR. 

Combine 1, 2, and 3, and the situation is dangerous.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies