SENATE BILL: Good Neighbor Resolution (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:07:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Good Neighbor Resolution (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Good Neighbor Resolution (Tabled)  (Read 1330 times)
Redalgo
United States

« on: August 09, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
« edited: August 09, 2012, 07:16:38 PM by Redalgo »

I intended to extensively amend this prior to its introduction to the floor, and then was going to get rid of it altogether if my other amendment could pass but it has been debated long enough that this came up in the queue before the other legislation could be finished with. This is a fairly horrid mess and to be perfectly honest I have no clue how to promptly do away with it without risking a bad outcome in either case. If my constitutional amendment fails I will need this bill in an extensively modified form to revisit my foreign policy agenda, and if the amendment succeeds this resolution will be entirely superfluous, not to mention unnecessarily obstructive and flawed in ways previously brought to my attention by Senators in the protest thread.

Advice on how to proceed is warmly welcomed. I have been terribly disorganized, planned out my legislation in a rather poor fashion thus far in my first term, and have nothing at all to show for it - which, needless to say, is extremely frustrating and demotivational at the same time aside from quite possibly making me the most incompetent Senator who has served here in years. Unless I can get some good feedback within twenty-four hours, I may be inclined to simply withdraw this legislation (which I currently oppose despite being its sponsor) like one of my previous bills and become more passive - responding to others' bills instead of introducing anything in upcoming months. I am getting way too many negative experiences here in too quick of a procession. Tongue
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »

Under the current language, four Senators could table a bill.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »

As I implied earlier on in the thread, I do not really support this legislation anymore. It's just that it came to the floor of the Senate before I could decide what to do with it, and now that it's here I am not sure how to change or get rid of it in a fashion I won't regret in a week or two's time. :<
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 09:58:01 PM »

If my associates here in the Senate would be so kind as to oblige, I want to table it.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 12:37:56 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies