Is this man Harry Reid's source? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:18:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is this man Harry Reid's source? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is this man Harry Reid's source?  (Read 1490 times)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« on: August 10, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »

Bain investing in Huntsman would not make Huntsman a Bain investor, guys.

Bain does not invest in Huntsman personally, they invest in Huntsman's company.

Huntsman as a wealthy individual with various personal investment accounts, retirement accounts, and a diversified portfolio would be a surefire investor in any venture capital funds managed by his close personal Bain friend.  Wealthy individuals have diversified investments that are spread into many industries and mutual funds.  VC partners solicit wealthy individuals whenever they are raising new funds for seed investments.  Bain is a Venture Capital investment firm that spreads investments in widespread corporations.  Bain would aggressively court any wealthy individuals with the excess money to fill up their new Funds for investment. 

It seems Huntsman Jr is still a moderate hero on Team Obama.  Being a fellow mormon, Jon would have access to far more Oppo Research on Romney than any other republican.  Its a little sickening for Huntsman Jr to backstab the GOP candidate, but perhaps he thinks if Romney loses, then Jon Jr will be a safe frontrunner for 2016.  Or the gop voters will hate his guts.

I'm not sure many Americans are upset about Tax Avoidance.  Most Americans try to minimize their tax payments and would surely choose Romney's tax avoidance schemes if it applied to an average Americans income.  Most Americans aren't enthusiastic about paying more than they owe to the IRS. 

Tax avoidance allows people to pay less than they owe...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 02:51:45 PM »

If the IRS is not going after Romney for tax issues, then there is no reason why the public should be concerned about his tax issues.  Reid is just fishing for something that may look illegal and controversial, but is actually perfectly legal. 

It may be legal (though only strictly speaking since he is taking advantage of legal loopholes), but it is also controversial.

Also, we have no proof that Romney didn't do anything illegal...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »

I never see Mitt campaigning with his kids. I think they're scared of him because he eats babies. At least that's what I've heard. I have my sources who tell me he eats babies and they have to be babies from families who make less than $30,000 gross-family income.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »

I never see Mitt campaigning with his kids. I think they're scared of him because he eats babies. At least that's what I've heard. I have my sources who tell me he eats babies and they have to be babies from families who make less than $30,000 gross-family income.

Obama was a heroin junkie when he lived in New York City, and he had an affair with Valerie Jarrett when he was a state senator. 

That makes him even more appealing to the real men of America. Who doesn't want to do heroin a cheat on his wife?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies