Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 02:48:49 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Opposing party speakers at conventions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Opposing party speakers at conventions?  (Read 489 times)
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 04:12:33 pm »
Ignore

Has the RNC/DNC booked any speakers from the opposite party yet slash who could be potential speakers that would/have flipped for the 2012 election?

stegosaurus
YaBB God
United States

P P
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:18:44 pm »
Ignore

I doubt anyone big enough for a speaking slot at a major party convention would be willing to commit political suicide by speaking at the wrong convention.

liberty or death.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 04:21:13 pm »
Ignore

Politicalwire says Huntsman may speak at Dem. Convention.

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 04:21:30 pm »
Ignore

Rumours floating about Huntsman to speak at the DNC.

I believe when I see...
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:22:42 pm »
Ignore

Rumor is Huntsman, Jr. is speaking at the Dem convention. Talk about putting that final nail in his own political coffin if it's true.

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 04:24:55 pm »
Ignore

Rumor is Huntsman, Jr. is speaking at the Dem convention. Talk about putting that final nail in his own political coffin if it's true.

Not quite. He's finished with the GOP indeed, but he may be seeking a cabinet post under Obama. Perhaps even SoS?
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »
Ignore

Even though Huntsman technically ran against Obama and also endorsed Romney after the primary?

ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:39 pm »
Ignore

It's not like Huntsman has any future with the current GOP anyway. And it's unlikely that it changes radically in the next four or eight year.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 04:29:38 pm »
Ignore

Not quite. He's finished with the GOP indeed, but he may be seeking a cabinet post under Obama. Perhaps even SoS?

I have always liked Huntsman, supported him and always felt the "moderate" label was so insanely embellished with him but if he does this, he's just as bad as Romney. He leaves his post as Ambassador to challenge his boss (fine), blasts him throughout the campaign, runs a disastrous campaign, drops out and endorses Romney, complains about Romney nearly 24/7 (fine by me but why endorse him?) then goes on to endorse Obama and speak at the convention to possibly get another spot in the administration? What a joke.

Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 04:31:21 pm »
Ignore

I have always liked Huntsman, supported him and always felt the "moderate" label was so insanely embellished with him but if he does this, he's just as bad as Romney. He leaves his post as Ambassador to challenge his boss (fine), blasts him throughout the campaign, runs a disastrous campaign, drops out and endorses Romney, complains about Romney nearly 24/7 (fine by me but why endorse him?) then goes on to endorse Obama and speak at the convention to possibly get another spot in the administration? What a joke.

That's all true, but is Huntsman aware of this?
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 04:32:40 pm »
Ignore

Politico says that the Obama campaigns plans to heavily include Republican voices in the DNC schedule: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79542.html

Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 0.35

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 04:37:01 pm »
Ignore

Huntsman is the new Charlie Crist. Buggered off from his party because he threw a hissy fit over a primary. I never understood why so many people liked him anyway.

Being a Libertarian is like having a fever, either you sweat it out or you die from it.
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 04:38:53 pm »
Ignore

Huntsman is the new Charlie Crist. Buggered off from his party because he threw a hissy fit over a primary. I never understood why so many people liked him anyway.

Since when Simfan is "so many people"?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »
Ignore

Huntsman is the new Charlie Crist.

There are worst things than that. At least he isn't the new Zell Miller.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 05:45:35 pm »
Ignore

Since when Simfan is "so many people"?

^

Huntsman was 100% a media candidate. He would have been in line with Gary Johnson if not for news cycles.

argentarius
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »
Ignore

Huntsman did get far too much attention for his poll numbers, but in some ways it worked against him. They were giving him attention on global warming and evolution, 2 issues that should not dictate whether or not you're a conservative, but the impression many people got from him was that he was a moderate hero because he believes in global warming and worked for Obama, which isn't the case. He would've had far more traction if asked about the economy.
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 06:25:31 pm »
Ignore

It's not like Huntsman has any future with the current GOP anyway. And it's unlikely that it changes radically in the next four or eight year.

Fixed.

I would not be surprised to see Lieberman speak at the RNC. The Democrats sure have fallen a great deal since Lieberman was their nominee for VPOTUS.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:28:34 pm by Politico »Logged

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 06:46:45 pm »
Ignore

Fixed.

I would not be surprised to see Lieberman speak at the RNC. The Democrats sure have fallen a great deal since Lieberman was their nominee for VPOTUS.
His own fault for being such an attention whore.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout