Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 01:08:38 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Political Debate (Moderator: Beet)
| | |-+  Opinion of Elizabeth Warren
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Opinion of Elizabeth Warren
FF   -50 (62.5%)
HP   -30 (37.5%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: Opinion of Elizabeth Warren  (Read 1403 times)
Christus Victor
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »
Ignore

I don't understand the hatred on the right towards Warren (well, I do: it's sexism, but still).

Because obviously the Republican Party of the United States is a sexist organization.

Sarah Palin and Susana Martinez agree.

So do Nikki Haley & Kelly Ayotte & Kay Bailey Hutchison & Jan Brewer & Michele Bachmann & Marsha Blackburn & Susan Collins & Nan Hayworth & Mary Bono Mack...
So does Doris Day, and so did Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucretia Mott, Clara Barton, Carrie Chapman Catt, Ginger Rogers, Jane Russell, Jeannette Rankin, Margaret Chase Smith, and a host of others.

For g*d's sake, the government of apartheid South Africa employed black policemen, Vosem.

Forced labor isn't a very good example, opebo (I just dare you to reply with anything other than 'all labor is forced')

What are you talking about?  Black policemen under the apartheid government weren't 'forced' to be policemen, any more than black Republicans are 'forced'.  They're just looking for career advantages.

The point is that an organization employing a particular oppressed class doesn't mean it isn't an oppressive organization.
Anyone looking for a career advantage as a politician would obviously become a Democrat.  And it was Republicans who fought to free the slaves, give women the right to vote, and end segregation.  Democrats opposed all these measures. 

Anyway, Elizabeth Warren is the most left-wing Senate candidate this year, and the most dangerous since "the Accidental Senator" Al Franken (aka Stuart Smalley.)  Well-intentioned, but massive HP.

There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." -Luke 23:42
Rep. Oak Hills
Oak Hills
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »
Ignore

Massive FF.

Mikhail Faustin
Banjo Broski Jr

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 06:30:09 pm »
Ignore

I hate her & she suck & is dume
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:09 am »
Ignore

Anyway, Elizabeth Warren is the most left-wing Senate candidate this year, and the most dangerous since "the Accidental Senator" Al Franken (aka Stuart Smalley.)  Well-intentioned, but massive HP.

I have to say, I've never heard Franken's Senate service described as dangerous before. He's rather demure now that he holds high office.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
AkSaber
YaBB God
Seychelles

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 04:32:09 am »
Ignore

I don't understand the hatred on the right towards Warren (well, I do: it's sexism, but still).

Because obviously the Republican Party of the United States is a sexist organization.

Sarah Palin and Susana Martinez agree.

I can't stand Sarah anymore, but after what the liberals put her through and said about her, and they are now gonna call people sexist just for not agreeing with Warren, wtf?!
freefair
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 06:20:34 pm »
Ignore

She defeated one of the nicest Federal Republicans there is. She herself leans FF, but the circumstances of her election make me wish she was a very HP so I could dislike her a bit more.

If you're centrist to right wing do follow this link and participate in this timelime poll!!
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=186153.0
PM- Ecn +4.95 Soc -4.95
Pragmatically libertarian. Centrist by US standards, Tory in UK.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 03:50:01 am »
Ignore

She defeated one of the nicest Federal Republicans there is. She herself leans FF, but the circumstances of her election make me wish she was a very HP so I could dislike her a bit more.

The "nicest Federal Republicans" actually ran a campaign which was both nasty and stupid. She more than earned her victory.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 03:51:24 am »
Ignore

The "nicest Federal Republicans" actually ran a campaign which was both nasty and stupid. She more than earned her victory.

Nasty isn't direct enough. Brown's campaign was out and out racist.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 03:53:24 am »
Ignore

Tammy Baldwin is another liberal victory in the Senate.
L0V3Batman
Clinton1996
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 12:24:53 pm »
Ignore

A very welcome change to the current corrupt political system. A massive and unabashed FF. After Teddy died we were missing our Lion. Liz Warren shall become the new Liberal Lion of the Senate. Though I hope she doesn't become our Presidential Nominee. It'd be too easy for the right to paint her in the mold of McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, and Kerry as too far to the left and dangerous. But she'd make a great VP.

politicallefty
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 05:23:23 am »
Ignore

A very welcome change to the current corrupt political system. A massive and unabashed FF. After Teddy died we were missing our Lion. Liz Warren shall become the new Liberal Lion of the Senate. Though I hope she doesn't become our Presidential Nominee. It'd be too easy for the right to paint her in the mold of McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, and Kerry as too far to the left and dangerous. But she'd make a great VP.

I totally agree with this. She has great potential in the United States Senate and will do a fantastic job in that seat. I totally believe she'll do justice for that seat and the legacy of Ted Kennedy. He must've been spinning in his grave so long as Scott Brown held that seat. I'm not sure that she'll be a liberal lion per se, but I think Ted Kennedy would be proud and I believe she'll make her supporters proud as well.

No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. - Nelson Mandela
Abdul the Damned
Kalwejt
YaBB God
Turkey
View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2012, 07:02:54 am »
Ignore

And Scott Brown as "nice moderate" was a myth anyway.

Senator Meiji (D-NC)
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2012, 09:25:00 am »
Ignore

Not a fan, especially since she beat a far superior opponent.

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 10:58:38 am »
Ignore

Superior in what respect? I mean, purely ideologically, I imagine a right-winger will say Scott Brown is superior and a left-winger will say Elizabeth Warren is superior.....but that's the only basis from which you can claim Scott Brown is "far superior".

Going just by their credentials and intellect....a non-hack cannot reasonably come to the conclusion that Elizabeth Warren wouldn't be a more suitable senator.
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
Pitcairn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 11:05:37 am »
Ignore

accidentally voted HP. She seems like a good person, but the best part is that her victory rids us of this useless populist fake moderate hero/centrist/moderate tool Scott Brown (for now).

A Message to the People of France:

A Message to Manuel Valls
Senator Meiji (D-NC)
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54:44 am »
Ignore

Going just by their credentials and intellect....a non-hack cannot reasonably come to the conclusion that Elizabeth Warren wouldn't be a more suitable senator.

Brown actually has governmental experience, as a Senator, as a State Senator, as a State Representative, as a selectman, and as an assessor. Warren has been a professor and a bureaucrat. So yes, Brown has superior credentials.

Christus Victor
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 01:20:42 pm »
Ignore

How?

There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." -Luke 23:42
General White
Vegetaboi
United Arab Emirates

Political Matrix
E: 3.45, S: 3.75

P
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 03:35:14 pm »
Ignore

FF

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »