Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 02:37:07 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  SENATE BILL: Jobs Now Act of 2012 (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Jobs Now Act of 2012 (Law'd)  (Read 2039 times)
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2012, 08:49:44 am »
Ignore

The bill has not been updated on the first post with the amendment passed for section 3.

I vote Aye.
Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2012, 09:33:53 am »
Ignore

Nay

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2012, 11:00:02 am »
Ignore

Abstain
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2012, 01:52:56 pm »
Ignore

Aye.

I'll just say, I'm going to be a little pretty dang ticked off if this thing fails since only a few senators offered their own opinions/suggestions when this thing has been on the floor for almost a month and because I had said I'd like a final vote if no one expressed any further concerns with the legislation -- which no one did.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:06:06 pm by Senator Scott »Logged

President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »
Ignore

Abstain

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2012, 03:26:16 pm »
Ignore

Aye

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2012, 11:23:33 pm »
Ignore

I posted this last night but for some reason it didn't go through. Stupid convention is slowing the site down and in turn messing up my connection. Even late in the morning the site still acts up which might just be the residual impact on my end of the early slowness caused by the convention at 10-Midnight. Whenver the site fails to load because because of traffic or whatever causes that "Website can't be found" crap, it causes problems on my computer.

Quote from: Final Text
A BILL

To promote and incentivize job growth in the Republic of Atlasia.

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled.

SECTION 1. TITLE

This act may be cited as the ‘Jobs Now Act of 2012.’

SECTION 2. HIRING INCENTIVES ACT RENEWAL

1.) The effects of the Hiring Incentives Act are hereby renewed for one year after passage of this legislation.

SECTION 3. VOLUNTARY WORK HOUR AND PAY CUT COMPENSATION

1.) Employers of businesses with 20 employees or more that have lost 17% of net income during the past year and have not been found to be involved in illegal activity will be allowed to give each worker the option of cutting their work hours by 10%, or their salaries by 10%.

2.) Companies must have declines in net income resulting from overall declines in sales and business during the reporting periods in question. Declines in Net Income resulting from one time financial transactions, or or otherwise not resulting from a decline in sales and business shall not be eligible for this program. The Department of the Interior shall be charged with enforcing and policing new applicants and auditing those within program to ensure compliance with the program's standards and requirements.

3.) Employees who take either option will be subsidized 60% of lost income.

4.) This section shall be in effect for one year after passage.

SECTION 4. WHITE ROOFTOP INCENTIVES FOR PUBLIC AND PRIVATELY OWNED BUILDINGS

1.) All local, state, and regional administrative officials will be subsidized 25% for the hiring of construction workers to paint black rooftops of government buildings the color white.

2.) All individuals, households, and business owners will be subsidized 25% for the hiring of construction workers to paint black rooftops of houses and businesses white.

SECTION 5. REGIONAL PUBLIC BANKING SYSTEM

1.) All regions of the Republic of Atlasia are bestowed the option of creating individual public banks, the creation of which will be subsidized 35% per region by the federal government.

2.) Regional banks will be delegated with the duties
    To assist local banks with capital and liquidity requirements
    To provide loans & loan guarantees
    To provide assistance to borrowers in areas of job retention
    To provide assistance to borrowers in technology creation
    To provide assistance to small businesses and businesses of retail, and
    To participate in community service projects

3.) All revenues collected by each region shall be deposited in their respective banks.

4.) Funds that are deposited in a regional bank shall not transmit services to other regions or countries unless funds are prescribed to via a budget item of the region in control of the bank.

5.) 35% of a bank's earnings will be remitted to the region's Treasury.  If a treasury is not in place, the region will be responsible for establishing one.

6.) A regional bank will be responsible for keeping a record of all transactions and writing summaries which shall convey expectation and outlook of growth and inflation over each upcoming year.  The region's Treasury will be designated with the responsibility of annually checking the bank for organization of these records and efficiency in management.

7.) No individual, co-partnership, or corporation shall be permitted to subscribe for or to hold at any time more than $25,000 par value of stock in a regional bank.

SECTION 6. EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION FORBIDDANCE

Section 2, subsection 4 of the Worker's Bill of Rights Act is hereby amended:

4. There shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, political affiliation, religious affiliation, marital status, veterans' status, or employment status in membership to unions or employment, except where a government-issued waiver is granted for special circumstances, including, but not limited to: political organizations or work requiring certain attributes or skills.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2012, 11:26:53 pm »
Ignore

AYE

The bill has not been updated on the first post with the amendment passed for section 3.

That is good, because if had been updated, it meant that someone had hacked my account. I usually leave the OP as introduced and then post "Current Texts" every so many pages, then a final text at the start of the vote (unless of course something weird happens like last night). It is good way to flush out Senators who don't pay attention.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 12:17:58 am »
Ignore

Vote on fianl passage of the Jobs Now Act of 2012:

Aye (4): Ben, NC Yankee, sbane, Scott
Nay (1): Redalgo
Abstain (2): Clarence and Seatown

Didn't Vote (3): AndrewTX/BK, NVTownsend, TJ in Cleve/Hagrid

With four votes in the affirmative and one in the negative and time having expired, the bill is passed and is presented to the President for executive action.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout