SENATE BILL: Jobs Now Act of 2012 (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:13:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Jobs Now Act of 2012 (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Jobs Now Act of 2012 (Law'd)  (Read 5269 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: August 18, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »

I would just get rid of Section 3. We don't really need to go any lower than 32 hours per week. Even the 32 hours is unfair to workers who want to work more. I doubt companies will actually give anyone more than the 32 hours and will just hire more workers. I understand that is the point, but at some point it just becomes ridiculous. These people have to pay their bills.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 12:08:07 AM »

Or perhaps we can reinstate the traditional working hours?

After thinking about it, I've decided that I would rather not remove section three completely.  That just defeats one of the bill's main components.  Perhaps by reinstating the normal working hours with section three in place, workers could work more and take cuts when it's most appropriate.

I would be fine putting it at 35 hours. Would that alleviate the President's concerns? And then we could go ahead with your plan for a year, but the question still remains on the gaming of the system that might be possible. I don't really have an answer to that.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:36:37 PM »

It's just adding more layers of bureaucracy...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »

It's just adding more layers of bureaucracy...

Not really.  The bill merely assigns a new responsibility for the DoIA, so no new departments are created.  Someone, unfortunately, has to be in charge of approving the business applications so that employers aren't simply getting cheaper labor at the expense of the taxpayer.

I know you are trying to do your best here but a more efficient use of our resources would be to spend more on constructing or repairing our infrastructure rather than providing subsidies to corporations.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:49:44 AM »

The bill has not been updated on the first post with the amendment passed for section 3.

I vote Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies