Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:37:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney picks Paul Ryan as his running mate **official thread**  (Read 20317 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: August 11, 2012, 06:09:05 AM »

Did I not predict that Mutt Rhymney's running mate would be a 'sociopath in a bad suit'?

Very true

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:10:42 AM »

Man, this is going to be fun.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:41:03 AM »

This is a bad choice.

Ryan is going to be vulnerable to "crazy right-winger" attacks in addition to have some skeletons that are not going to please the target group (like voting for bailout).

Beside, he's just a Congressman with no statewide base. It doesn't guarantee you much in Wisconsin and the region.

Rubio was an ideal choice: he'd probably lock Florida for Romney and help a great deal among Latinos in other swing states.

Of course, Romney had to f**k this one up as well. It's William E. Miller all over again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »

The GOP WILL NOT GET MY VOTE. YOU MUST HAVE AN EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN ON THE TICKET!!!!!!!Thanks for flipping us evangelicals off GOP

Seriously, is that all that matters to you?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »

I don't believe Ryan would have been picked if Wisconsin didn't look competitive.

If the candidate thinks certain state look competitive, it doesn't mean it's really competitive.

McCain tried to make Pennsylvania competitive in 2008, as vital part of his strategy, and failed miserably. There are other states Romney should be focusing on rather than Wisconsin.

Look, I can understand Romney is hoping to appeal to a certain group of voters, but from geographical point, Ryan selection hardly gives him much.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies