Remembrance Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:08:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Remembrance Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Remembrance Thread  (Read 3723 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 11:33:41 PM »

While I agree with Jake on this whole debate, I think this is the wrong place to put such declamations (esp. on the part of the GM).

Why not put this in Individual Politics, for example?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 11:55:18 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2005, 12:20:46 AM by Senator Gabu »

Gabu, it IS life from the time of conception. Whether it is HUMAN life is what is usually debated.  Cells are life, that is why I said LIFE.

I don't debate that, but look at what you initially said:

I would like all government officials to post here in remembrance of the 42,000,000 children slaughtered in the last 32 years.  God Bless Them

Unless you think that children aren't forms of human life, you asserted that the fetuses were human life, which is, as you even admitted, in debate.

I'm not arguing that the fetuses aren't some form of life, but if they were known not to be human life, I somehow doubt that so many people would be anti-abortion.

I'd like to note that the point of what I said was not to argue for or against abortion; all I'm saying is that it's not really going to solve anything at all to accuse pro-choice people of murdering 42,000,000 children.  Try to see things from the other side's point of view.  It makes discussing matters with them a whole lot easier and facilitates actual dialogue that produces amicable compromises and unity rather than accusations that produce division and disdain.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies