Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2014, 12:12:38 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  History
| | |-+  Alternative History (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | | |-+  If the Founding Fathers were alive today....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: If the Founding Fathers were alive today....  (Read 1259 times)
DevotedDemocrat
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: 0.02

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2012, 03:17:01 pm »
Ignore

This is a very difficult question but if the Founding Fathers lived in modern times, what sort of Constitution do you think they'd draft? Given the same level of intelligence and the same personalities they had in their time but with the benefit of understanding modern technology, circumstances, and historical events? I'm sorry if I didn't frame the question as well as I could.
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:59:59 pm »
Ignore

This is a very difficult question but if the Founding Fathers lived in modern times, what sort of Constitution do you think they'd draft? Given the same level of intelligence and the same personalities they had in their time but with the benefit of understanding modern technology, circumstances, and historical events? I'm sorry if I didn't frame the question as well as I could.

Can I presume that in such a scenario there is/isn't a pre-existing Constitution?  If I know this it would help me answer the question.

If there isn't a Constitution before, the Butterfly Effect might change the issues that the Founding Fathers would feel necessary in the Constitution.  Hell, the issues we consider important today might be different in such a scenario.

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »
Ignore

...they would be remarkably old men.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
YaBB God
Latvia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 05:10:21 pm »
Ignore

Can I presume that in such a scenario there is/isn't a pre-existing Constitution?  If I know this it would help me answer the question.

If there isn't a Constitution before, the Butterfly Effect might change the issues that the Founding Fathers would feel necessary in the Constitution.  Hell, the issues we consider important today might be different in such a scenario.

There was a pre-existing constitution when they made the Constitution before.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout