New Hampshire's congressional delegation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:32:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New Hampshire's congressional delegation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Hampshire's congressional delegation  (Read 503 times)
TehPlatinum
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:43:27 PM »

What are the chances that both Charlie Bass and Frank Guinta will get defeated by Ann McLane Kuster and Carol Shea-Porter respectively? It'd be interesting to see a state's entire congressional delegation turn female.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »

What are the chances that both Charlie Bass and Frank Guinta will get defeated by Ann McLane Kuster and Carol Shea-Porter respectively? It'd be interesting to see a state's entire congressional delegation turn female.

I'd say about 60-65%.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:28:49 AM »

Well, the conventional wisdom was Bass would be easily defeated by Kuster, but Guinta would hold on. However, polling has shown Shea-Porter performing fairly strongly against Guinta, but Kuster in a virtual dead heat with Bass, so I'm not exactly sure what to believe.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 07:44:03 AM »

The conventional wisdom was based on the notion that Shea-Porter, being too shrill and leftish, is a weak candidate for that district. Which makes sense but isn't really borne out by 2006-10 results. Adjust for that, and it makes sense that both districts behave roughly identically again (taking into account that Bass is the R's best and perhaps only shot at keeping NH-2.)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »

The conventional wisdom was based on the notion that Shea-Porter, being too shrill and leftish, is a weak candidate for that district. Which makes sense but isn't really borne out by 2006-10 results. Adjust for that, and it makes sense that both districts behave roughly identically again (taking into account that Bass is the R's best and perhaps only shot at keeping NH-2.)

Guinta's also proven to be a much weaker incumbent than expected.  Shea-Porter has been polling relatively well, so I'm feeling pretty good about NH-1.  NH-2 is definitely harder to predict, however, the most recent polling that I've seen showed Kuster pulling ahead a little bit.  This small lead, plus Kuster's strength as a candidate, Bass's ethics issues, Obama's likely coattails, and the natural Democratic lean of the district make me think she'll pull off a narrow win.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »

IMHO - more then 60% in Kuster's (Bass) case, and about 40-45% - In Shea-Porter's (Guinta). 1st district is more "anti-tax" and so on, then 2nd...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies