SurveyUsa - Florida likes Paul Ryan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:42:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  SurveyUsa - Florida likes Paul Ryan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SurveyUsa - Florida likes Paul Ryan  (Read 2997 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:52:54 PM »

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=61636b58-4e81-44c6-97f3-67681942f437

17% of registered voters in the state of Florida say they will change who they will vote for in the election for President as a result of Mitt Romney's selection of Paul Ryan as Vice President, according to a SurveyUSA poll conducted statewide for WFLA-TV in Tampa.

Of those who will change their vote, 57% say they are more likely to vote for Romney, 42% say they are less likely to vote for Romney. The state of Florida is one of the most important swing-states in the country.

59% say excellent or good choice.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »

The 'female' crosstabs on the last section are bizarre, and can probably be worked on with reference to Ryan's voting record on things like abortion and fair pay.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:57:22 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2012, 08:59:06 PM by Politico »

Just wait till the Paul Ryan Medicare Mom commercials start!

Romney has displayed his brilliant business acumen by selecting the most marketable running mate in history.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »

Didn't you guys used to be fixated on running a campaign that was about the issues?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2012, 09:03:30 PM by Politico »

Didn't you guys used to be fixated on running a campaign that was about the issues?

Ryan is about issues and more. He has substance and style. It's like taking the energy and style of Obama 2008, but backing it with real substance.

What's Obama 2012 about other than divisive, negative ads and promises that nobody believes in?
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »

Now can we all move on from the 'FLORIDA HATES RYAN' rubbish that is being thrown about.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01:32 PM »

The 'female' crosstabs on the last section are bizarre, and can probably be worked on with reference to Ryan's voting record on things like abortion and fair pay.

Possibly the latter. Females aren't typically much more in favor of abortion than males are.

Of course, Paul Ryan will still be a youthful, vigorous, and allegedly handsome man. Meanwhile, Joe Biden's hairplugs and botox seem to be unraveling. And I say that as someone who rather likes Mr. Biden.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »

Now can we all move on from the 'FLORIDA HATES RYAN' rubbish that is being thrown about.

That combination of switchers yields Mr. Romney 2.5 points. Compared to SUSA's last Florida poll, it would be exactly a tied race at 45.5 each.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2012, 09:09:55 PM by Politico »

Possibly the latter. Females aren't typically much more in favor of abortion than males are.

Of course, Paul Ryan will still be a youthful, vigorous, and allegedly handsome man. Meanwhile, Joe Biden's hairplugs and botox seem to be unraveling. And I say that as someone who rather likes Mr. Biden.

True. At least Biden's flawless, fake veneers have aged well. When you think about it, those veneers are kind of the perfect symbol of the Obama/Biden Administration.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 09:07:06 PM »

I refuse to believe enough voters are quite that shallow. Then again, I've never overestimated human shallowness in the past.

If you do some division this just looks like a VP bounce of about two and a half points (as I see you've calculated yourself as well). That could prove long-lasting or it could prove ephemeral and it might be the wrong way to look at it considering the different set of questions being asked here but somehow I doubt that over one-sixth of voters will actually change their preferences based upon the running mate pick come November.

Politico, Obama's administration has increased the amount of respect afforded to members of many or most marginal groups by the United States government and its agents, and he's propped up the economy, although it obviously hasn't been firing on all cylinders.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 09:08:35 PM »

Not a surprise to me.  Seniors know Medicare is going broke and Ryan is honest enough to say so then offer a solution
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »

17% of registered voters in the state of Florida say they will change who they will vote for in the election for President as a result of Mitt Romney's selection of Paul Ryan as Vice President, according to a SurveyUSA poll conducted statewide for WFLA-TV in Tampa.

Of those who will change their vote, 57% say they are more likely to vote for Romney, 42% say they are less likely to vote for Romney. The state of Florida is one of the most important swing-states in the country.

So that's a 2.5% swing to Romney.

I wonder what a poll of likely voters would show.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2012, 09:16:52 PM by Lief »

Good thing initial impressions of Vice Presidential candidates never change for the worse, as our current Vice President, Sarah Palin, proves.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10:35 PM »

Not a surprise to me.  Seniors know Medicare is going broke and Ryan is honest enough to say so then offer a solution

It's a solution that makes Medicare sh**ttier. We shouldn't accept bad solutions, even if they do solve the imminent problem, which I'm still not convinced Ryan's suggestions will.

It occurs to me that asking these types of questions in a way that foregrounds Ryan might have resulted in more people answering 'yes' to Question 5 than they would have otherwise.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 09:14:25 PM »

Medicare will be a big issue and it will make a difference with seniors in South Florida. There are still a couple of months to go and debates still have to be had, the issues will be hashed out.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »

How's this R40/D33/27 sample, by the way?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »

2010 was even and 2008 was D+3, so R+7 is ridiculous.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 09:23:58 PM »

How's this R40/D33/27 sample, by the way?

Dang, there they go oversampling Democrats again.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 09:26:40 PM »

I'm sure the sample was out of whack because Ryan led many people to reregister as Republicans.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 09:34:11 PM »

Well, thank Christ that one sh**tty poll consisting of 600 registered voters settles things.

President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »

The Ryan budget was unpopular in 2011, and the electorate hasn't changed since then. Kathy Hochul proved it can be used as a political weapon. Remember this isn't about turning against older Floridians against it en masse.. but just enough to make a boost from the youth, Latinos, and women that much more powerful.

In conclusions, hacks gonna hack.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »

Of course they like him...he is not going to change their Medicare and he is going to save the Medicare of their grandkids

Charging towards Victory...Romney-Ryan!
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »

Of course they like him...he is not going to change their Medicare and he is going to save the Medicare of their grandkids

You mean steal it? Oh I'm sure the retirees of America are going to love this used car salesman!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »

I wasn't aware that forcing my generation to pay thousands more dollars for Medicare counted as saving it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

I wasn't aware that forcing my generation to pay thousands more dollars for Medicare counted as saving it.

Do you think all of this [Inks] pays for itself? If you don't like the idea of ever-rising tax rates in the future to pay for Obama's spending today, maybe you should reconsider your support of Obama?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies