Rudy, Hillary and All The Rest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:14:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rudy, Hillary and All The Rest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rudy, Hillary and All The Rest  (Read 5074 times)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »

Bill Richardson, because I have a feeling it'll be him.

NO!  Brian Schweitzer would be soooo beast!  Or Warner to play it safe, and Clark belongs at SecDef.  Then again, I like his new tv show.... idk.  But Schweitzer for VP please!  Never been done!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 08:21:36 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2012, 08:24:42 AM by NHI »

"Governor Brian Schweitzer, from the Great State of Montana."
"...Thank you Senator Clinton, and let me say she is going to be a fantastic President for this country. [Applause] I am proud and excited to join this ticket, because the choice is so clear in this election. We either elect Mitt Romney and the Republican bandwagon, and continue the same economic policies which are hurting our country, or we can elected Hillary Clinton and myself to turn-around this economy and put the middle class first for a change! [Applause] Governor Romney calls himself the Mr. Fix-It, well then why didn't many of the companies he supposedly fixed shut their doors, while he collected profit? Is he is Mr. Fix-It, why was Massachusetts 47th in the nation in job creation? Mr. Romney is what we in Montana call dreamers. Actually, in Montana we've always been dreamers, but unlike Mr. Romney his dreams are nightmare. Tax cuts for the rich, building up the military, and following the same Bush/Cheney playbook. Can American take four more years of this? No! Does America want change? Yes! Then stand with me as Senator Clinton makes the case for change, and leads us to victory in November! Thank you and God Bless you all."

"Senator Clinton certainly went with a bold pick, by the selection of Brian Schweitzer. He's unknown to most of the country, and therefore that can be either really good or really bad, depending on what happens." -- Chris Matthews.

"The conventional wisdom was that she would either select a candidate of experience or one of electoral connection. Most assumed it was either Bill Richardson of New Mexico or Senator Joe Biden of Delaware. She's gone with Schweitzer which shows at least to me that Senator Clinton wants to play for the west, taking states like Nevada, Colorado, the site of the DNC, so I'll be interested to see what kind of effect he has, and what Mitt Romney's selection will be." -- Rachel Maddow

"We are getting a few possible names for running mates for Mitt Romney and it includes some familiar names, but also some rising stars in the party." -- Chuck Todd.

Senator John Thune, SD
Senator Judd Gregg, NH
Senator Rick Santorum, PA
Governor Mike Huckabee, AR
Governor Charlie Crist, FL
Governor Tim Pawlenty, MN
Governor Jeb Bush, FL
Governor Mitch Daniels, IN
Governor Bobby Jindal, LA
Congressman Paul Ryan, WI

Clinton v. Romney: August 2008
Clinton/Schweitzer: 49%
Romney/____: 43%

"From what we're hearing within Republican circles is that Mitt Romney needs  a game changer. In the latest poll she's up six over Romney, that's following the Schweitzer pick, and in some cases she's up over fifty percent. Now everything Mitt Romney has done up to this point has been cautious and methodical, so I wouldn't expect him to pick someone out of left field. He'll pick someone he's comfortable with, someone who can do the job, and someone who is a safe pick. The downside in the pick of Schweitzer for Clinton is he's unknown, which can be a positive or a negative. The RNC is already attacking him, on some of the pardons he's made while Governor, the problem is he cannot be attacked so easily like John Kerry was in 2004, he just doesn't have the baggage, and I think that's why Senator Clinton selected him, because he doesn't come with the problems that a Biden or a Richardson might bring, or even an Obama who many thought would be the VP, creating the so-called Dream Ticket." -- Chuck Todd

DNC: August 25-28th

Pres. Bill Clinton wows the Audience with his speech, supporting Hillary, calling her: "The person American deserves for a comeback!"
"I'll admit it, when I became President in 1993, I didn't have half the experience Hillary's had. She is the best qualified person in this race, and that's why she'll beat Governor Romney and put this country back on a course for economic sanity, leading to prosperity."

Sen. Ted Kennedy addressed the convention on the second night, and evoked an aura of the Kennedy Legacy around the ticket for President.
"I feel a change in the air. A breeze that will sweep across this country, from the rocky cost of Maine, to Red Sox Nation, to the sunny beaches of Florida, to the Plain of Texas, to the Rocky Mountains and the west coast. The breeze of change will carry throughout this country, giving hope to millions of people and reassuring them all that the promise of America will be kept, and the people who will keep that promise secure are none other than the next President and Vice President of the United States: Hilary Clinton and Brian Schweitzer."

Schweitzer accept the VP nomination, and blasts Romney.
"...Does America want four more years of the same? [No] Does America want more tax breaks for the rich? [No] Does America want more wars like Iraq? [No] Does America want four more years of George Bush? [No] Then America surely does not want Mitt!"

Clinton speech sets record: 40.0M tune into see her accept the nomination.
"...I haven't spent the last thirty-five years in the trenches to see America's promise be dashed and forgotten. So, no way, no how, no Mitt Romney. There is too much at stake, and I believe all Americans, Democrats and Republicans alike feel this way. We want America to be right again. We want to believe in our country and in ourselves. I am ready to lead this country, I am ready to fight America...I proudly accept this nomination for President, and give you my promise that I will work tireless to see that this country's best days lie ahead."

Clinton v. Romney:
Clinton/Schweitzer: 50%
Romney/_____: 42%

Clinton/Schweitzer: 266
Romney/____: 180

"The Romney campaign should be nervous seeing this map. There are still tossup, but now Montana is in play and so is North Dakota, certainly not good for the GOP." -- Chuck Todd.

Montana:
Romney/____: 46%
Clinton/Schweitzer: 44%

Ohio:
Clinton/Schweitzer: 47%
Romney/____: 44%

Arkansas:
Clinton/Schweitzer: 46%
Romney/Schweitzer: 44%

New Hampshire:
Romney/_____: 45%

Missouri:
Clinton/Schweitzer: 47%
Romney/____: 45%

Florida:
Romney/_____: 46%
Clinton/Schweitzer: 45%

Virginia:
Romney/_____: 47%
Clinton/Schweitzer: 45%

West Virginia:
Romney/_____: 48%

Iowa:

New Mexico:
Clinton/Schweitzer: 48%

Colorado:
Romney/____: 46%

"We can confirm that Romney has chosen his running mate. We cannot confirm the selection, but the rollout is occurring in the state of New Hampshire at St. Anselm's College in Manchester. Some sources indicated that it's Judd Gregg, the Senator from the state. He is expected to be on site this morning, but we cannot confirm whether he's the pick." -- Chuck Todd.

Crowd Est. 3,500
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »

Great!!! Please continue!!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 09:08:16 AM »

"I'm proud to make the announcement of my running mate, and the next Vice President of the United States, Governor Tim Pawlenty!

"Thank you Governor Romney, and thank you to the people of New Hampshire. This is a great crowd today. First let me say the man next to me is going to be the next President of the United States! [Applause] I'm happy to join ticket and work with a man of integrity, character, experience and steadiness. At a critical time in our nation's history it is crucial we turn to people with vision and leadership skills. No other candidate in this race exemplifies those skills more than Governor Romney. [Applause] The Democrats call themselves the candidate of change, and that may attract a lot of voters, but if you look at their policies they have no plan for the economy. They have no plan to put the blue collar, middle class people back to work. The woman at the top ticket, sure it's historic, but she doesn't have the experience to run the country. She's never been a governor, she's never been an executive. At this time we need Mitt Romney!" [Applause]

The Republican Ticket: Romney/Pawlenty

"Governor of Minnesota, Tim Pawlenty, certainly a surprise pick by Mitt Romney. Possibly a play towards Minnesota, given it's the convention site, and possibly a play towards blue collar workers, a voting section that went strongly for Clinton in the primary."

"It's a play for them for sure. Pawlenty calls himself a 'Sam's Club Republican' and this is a voting block, middle class, blue collar workers who feel forgotten. Pawlenty can connect with these voters in a way that Romney cannot, and hopefully for the Romney campaign humanize as something other than a corporate raider, which is what the Clinton campaign has been success at defining him as so far." -- Mark Halperin.

Clinton v. Romney
Clinton/Schweitzer: 50% +0
Romney/Pawlenty: 43% +1

The Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin delivers the keynote speech, evoking a response similar to Barack Obama's in 2004. "This woman is going place for sure."
"...People ask me if I'm excited and proud to see the first woman leading a major party ticket for President of the United States, and my response is sure, of course. This is a historic candidacy, but that's where the excitement ends. The policies she is pursuing do not make me excited or proud. The policies that want to grow government, continue our addiction to foreign energy sources, raise our taxes and weaken our strength but at home and internationally. For all those plan I say thanks, but no thanks. As a proud hockey mom from the great state of Alaska, I'm standing two men who represent America's future: Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty, the next President and Vice President of the United States."

"...The Democratic Ticket believes that success comes from government. That it is only government that solve our problems. Now our beef is not to undo government entirely, but to make it work. To shrink its size and make it more manageable. To cut unnecessary spending, to lower taxes and ensure more freedom and liberty for the people of this country. We need strong leadership at critical times and I believe Mitt Romney is the man for the job. In the state of Massachusetts, with a Legislature that is two to one Democrat, he worked across party lines, bringing both parties together to bring about solutions for the people of that state. He did it in Massachusetts, and he'll do it Washington, because unlike Senator Clinton Mitt Romney has a record of getting the job done and getting it done right. So the choice is clear, rhetoric and lofty ideas from the Democrats, or solutions and hope from our ticket...Thank you, God Bless you and God Bless The United States."

"My fellow delegates of this convention and my fellow citizens of this great country, with a deep awareness of what lies ahead, and profound gratitude I accept your nomination for the Presidency of the United States of America. [Applause] ...I find it funny that my opponent wants to run the largest enterprise in the world, and yet she's never run a corner store, she's never run a business, she's never governed a state, and she call herself the most qualified candidate in the race. I don't think so. [Applause] I stand ready to lead this country. This is not a time for waffling, this is a time for leadership and I will lead this country, because I have the skills, I have the experience and the readiness to bring this country back. [Applause] I've tackled tough challenges all my life. I've successes and I've had failures. I understand how the economy works, because I have lived in it. I'm not a career politician, I am business man, a turn-around-guy, and I know I fix this economy and turn our country around. To know how to creates it helps to have had one in the real economy. Senator Clinton doesn't understand a free market economy. You don't bury businesses with taxes, you liberate them. You reduce unneeded regulations, you bring capital back into the game and allows jobs to be created. You don't more entitlement that can't be paid for. [Applause]...I will focus on the economy with all my concentration and might, and ensure that the our great middle class is rebuilt and is stronger than ever! [Applause]...My father never graduated from college, he worked his way from being a laff and plaster man to being the head of a car company, and finally to the governorship of Michigan. He never took a handout from government, sure he struggled, but he believed in America. He believed that through hard work and determination he could do anything. My father had dreams. We all have dreams. This is a land of dreams and opportunity. I believe in America, and I believe that under new leadership this county's best days will lie ahead!"

Clinton v. Romney: September 2008
Clinton/Schweitzer: 48% -2
Romney/Pawlenty: 44% +1

Clinton/Schweitzer: 266
Romney/Pawlenty: 193

Romney begins a bustour through the rustbelt. "Clinton doesn't understand how the economy works. I do."

Clinton campaigns in New Hampshire. "Governor Romney is a corporation's best friend, and follows the path laid out by George Bush for the last eight years. Is that change?"
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »

"The Clinton campaign unveiled an ad, attacking Romney's character and painted him as a flip flopper."

"It's no a question of whether or not he's a nice guy, it's whether you can trust him. I don't see how a guy who's been on every side of the abortion issue can be trusted with anything, let alone the US economy."

"Do we need change or do we need experience? Actually, we need both. Senator Clinton may paint herself as the candidate of change, but she lacks the experience needed to be President. She claims she's ready to lead on Day one, I have the judgement and skills to be ready to lead on day one!"

"The voters are focused on three main issues in my view. First, it's the Iraq War, and bringing about a conclusion about it. Second, is the unpopularity of George Bush, and what they see as the failure of his policies and that of the Republicans, and third is the economy. Many voters put it as their top priority, so I have to wonder after listing those points is this race Clinton's to lose?"

"I think Clinton has the advantage. She's painted herself as the candidate of change, the very nature of her candidacy is historic and represents change, and with George Bush's popularity sinking daily, the GOP brand has to be taking a hit. So I don't see how Mitt Romney pulls this one out." -- Howard Fineman.

The Nightmare Begins...

"Bailing out Wall Street is not the approach I would take. The idea of having banks too big to fail needs to stop. As our economy is in free fall, now is not the time for more government. We need action, but not a big bandaid, one size fits all. The banks made the decisions, they took the risks. That is capitalism."

"Until we have a handle on how big a crisis this is, I am suspending my campaign and returning to Washington to deal with the financial fallout. Until further notice I do not plan to attend the upcoming Presidential debate with Governor Romney. This is a time to put aside politics and work together, not for the good a party, but for the good of the country."

Pre-Financial Collapse:
Romney/Pawlenty: 44%
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 05:36:17 PM »

Uh oh, she's suspending her campaign? I hope she doesn't end up like McCain and get in the way. The Financial Collapse should make this race hers to lose, and it looks like she is trying. If Romney manages to win this thing I will forever respect you.

Keep it up dude. This is beautiful.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »

Uh oh, she's suspending her campaign? I hope she doesn't end up like McCain and get in the way. The Financial Collapse should make this race hers to lose, and it looks like she is trying. If Romney manages to win this thing I will forever respect you.

Keep it up dude. This is beautiful.

Thanks for the comments, I'm really enjoying writing this one. 
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 05:52:45 PM »

I'm enjoying reading it.
But is he running as the "2007 Moderate" Romney, or the "2008 Conservative Alternative" Romney?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 06:48:09 PM »

I'm enjoying reading it.
But is he running as the "2007 Moderate" Romney, or the "2008 Conservative Alternative" Romney?

He started the primary as the Conservative Alternative. When McCain's campaign imploded he backtracked and rans a moderate/sensible business guy, in way like the 2012 Romney, only minus the Tea Party influence.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 09:31:09 PM »

This is pretty much how I expected 2008 to be like before it started, except that Obama would run and Gore would not. But I (along with many, I'm sure) thought it would be Romney vs. Clinton.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 10:19:27 PM »

oh YAY its Romney/Pawlenty, the dream awful "moderates" ticket. I bet they're going to get walloped as soon as the general comes around.
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 01:22:11 AM »

oh YAY its Romney/Pawlenty, the dream awful "moderates" ticket. I bet they're going to get walloped as soon as the general comes around.

I'd feel the same way, but he's writing this really well.  Keep it coming man!  Wink
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 07:25:14 AM »

"Obviously, I'm very apprehensions. These are uncertain times and many of us are unsure of whether this action is the right course, but we have to do something. Our economy is in free fall, and while I don't alway agree with President Bush, I do agree with his statement that we as a governing body must do something, we can't just sit on our hands and hope the problem clears up."

"We're in a recession, we have been arguably for a long time, and we're seeing it come to ahead now. We've seen big bangs hold Washington hostage, and that's got to change. The notion of too big to fail. I know there is the unknown, and in part we are all panicking as a result of this crisis, but now is not the time to buckle, now is the time to have a legitimate conversation about the size of government. Capitalism is a system which allows businesses to succeed and fail, and in this crisis we are seeing that government intervention may provide temporarily relief, it will not and it cannot correct the problem.

HOUSE REJECTS BILL, DOW DROPS 777 points

"Congress is reconfiguring a second bill which will come up for a vote in the coming days, but tonight Senator Clinton, who after originally postponing a debate, will meet with Governor Romney in the first of three Presidential debates, with the one tonight focusing entirely on the economic crisis."

"...Should Congress pass the $700 billion bailout package, that was already defeated once in the House, to combat the economic crisis?" -- Jim Lehrer

"Yes. America is in a crisis, and this is not a time to sit back and wait. Now while Governor Romney likes to follow the old Reagan line of government being problem, this is the time where government is and must be the solution."[/center]

"Look, we need to craft some kind of package, but I'm not sure that taking $700 billion dollars of the tax payers money and using it to prop up these banks is the right courses. I mean, right now we're following a path of government intervention which is contrary to our free market nature. Americans are hurting, Americans are scared, but now is not the time to say I'm here from the government and I'd like to help. Government is part created the mess we're in. Banks have become this size because of a flawed governmental system. The solution in my own view is to do this, break up the big companies, allow competition to flourish and allow jobs to be created."

"If I may interject. Governor Romney puts his entire faith in the market system in hoping that it will just magically remove our problems. The market system is a cycle. There are ups and downs." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton.

"Exactly Senator. Capitalism is about success and failures. Sometimes businesses rise, sometimes they fall. We need to push the phrase small enough to fail, for no business should be able to hold the country hostage like this. If a business is going to fail, let it fail, that is the free market, it's capitalism. We've advanced as a society not because we put our faith in government to guide our economy, but by free people and a capitalistic system." -- Gov. Romney

"Governor Romney, I know you're an advocate of free markets and a believer in government being the enemy, but you're following the same path laid out by George Bush." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton

"Senator, I'm not President Bush. I know you'd like to paint me as a clone, but I'm not George Bush. I'm not looking to spend more money, I'm not looking to continue the too big to fail mentality. I'm looking to reform Washington and make America beacon of economic freedom and opportunity." -- Gov. Romney

"I don't think tonight changes anything in terms of the polls. Both candidates largely stuck to their talking points, which is what you expect at this stage of the game. I think Hillary Clinton came through as more concerned about the crisis and willing to take government action in stepping up to address the crisis, but I wouldn't count out Romney. He's able to articulate a message about the economy that may appeal to a segment of voters. Enough to swing the election? I don't know."

Romney/Pawlenty: 46%
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »

I'd feel the same way, but he's writing this really well.  Keep it coming man!  Wink

That is true, the writing is damn good.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »

Just popping in. I haven't been following closely, but looks like it was an exciting primary season. I was hoping that this would result in Rudy vs. Hillary, but oh well. I like the alternate primary fight, this one between Hillary and Gore. While in 2008 I, like many other sexist 8th grade boys, probably would've preferred "the climate change nut" over "the b*tch", in retrospect, I'd have been rooting for Hillary. Glad to see she won it.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 06:44:11 PM »

The Clinton campaign continues to attack Romney's character and record at Bain, hoping to paint him in the eyes of the voters as what is wrong with the American economy.

Romney campaigns in Portsmouth, NH. His denounces the Clinton campaign attacks on his character. "The Clinton campaign is getting desperate. They'll do anything they can to sway this election, because their candidate doesn't have a plan to turn-around America's economy, and what they're doing now, by attacking success will not work."

Romney/Pawlenty: 47%

The VPs go on the attack. "Mitt Romney is a corporate raider, the likes of which have brought our country into the condition its in today."

"Unlike Senator Clinton, Governor Romney has actually worked in the economy. He knows how jobs come and why they go. At this critical time, America needs a man with a plan, a man who has turned around failing enterprises into successes. This is the man we need for America!"

HOUSE NARROWLY PASSES BAILOUT PACKAGE,
SENATE PASSES IT, BUSH SIGNS IT.

"Has to be done."

The campaign heads into the final stretch.

Romney campaigns in Michigan, drawing from his own father's governorship.

Romney v. Clinton: The Final Debate
"I'm running on a lifetime of experience and I will bring that to the White House, if I'm elected. I think this is an election not only where America needs new leadership, but we need change, change in party, change in ideas, and I think I'm the best one to do it, otherwise I wouldn't be here tonight."

"Well, having change for the sake of change seems to be a rather risky maneuver. Senator Clinton, I have tremendous respect for you, but in terms of experience I don't see how you're argument adds up. I've spent my life fixing things, turning around failing companies, sometimes we were success, sometime not, but we took risk. That's capitalism, like it or not."

"Governor Romney, if you call draining companies solely for profit is success, then sure it's success."

"When is it going to stop Senator? These continuous attacks on me are really quite sad, but that's fine I can take it. It's the American people that cannot. They need solutions, they need hope, not politics as usual. This is why Washington is broken, these types of tricks. I'm a Washington outsider, I'm running to change Washington and fix it, not keep playing the same old games."

"As we go into the final stretch, what with three weeks or so until Election Day, everyone's eyes are glued to the battlegrounds of Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Arkansas and so on. The map looks good for Clinton. Romney's certainly made some stride, but he still is trailing in the projected count and that has to make the campaign worry." -- Joe Scarborough

"If he isn't able to close the deal, despite a strong final debate performance then he's more than likely finished." -- Mika Brezezinski.

"The electoral predictions are 50-50, but I think we're all just missing the mark. Hillary's going to win, the question remains by how much." -- Joe Scarborough.

The Big Day
Hillary Clinton casts her votes, speaking only briefly by saying: "America will win tonight."

Romney puts on a brave face, with the latest poll putting him behind Clinton, 48%-45%

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »

Here we go!  Cheesy
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »

I have a feeling we might have a Romney comeback. I'd be fine with either Clinton or 2008's version of Romney as POTUS.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 09:22:20 AM »

"We're going to be here along time tonight, looking at the polls. Some show Senator Clinton with a narrow lead over Governor Romney, some show them dead even." -- Chris Matthews.

"America saw a turnout of around fifty-four percent in 2004, tonight we are expected to see record turnout. People are enthused, people are excited and that can go either way for the candidates." -- Keith Olbermann

"As we await the results we should remark just how extraordinary this election has been. Hillary Clinton, the Democratic frontrunner is now the nominee on the ticket, the first woman in history to be on a major party ticket and maybe the first female President of the United States. Then you have Mitt Romney. He was seen as the dark horse in this race, many expected John McCain or Giuliani to be the nominee, but he managed to beat them and secure his place at the top of the ticket." -- Chris Matthews.

"And he is the first Mormon to be on a major party ticket. He did give that speech back last winter on religion in America. I won't go as far to call it like Kennedy's famous speech, but it did hit on the same themes and points and we'll see if he makes history tonight." -- Keith Olbermann.

"We are now projecting that Senator Clinton is the winner in the state of Vermont, a solidly Democratic state, and it remains so tonight."

Clinton: 0%
Romney: 0%

"And we can project that the Republican stronghold of South Carolina has gone for Mr. Romney tonight. Governor Romney has won the state of South Carolina."

Romney: 57%
Clinton: 41%

"We cannot project winners in the states of Georgia or Indiana at this time, but both are leaning in Governor Romney's favor."

"We should also note tonight that with the Presidential Election there are also contested Senate and House races tonight.The Democrats control both houses of Congress, and are expected to remain in Democratic hands tonight, which means if Mitt Romney is elected President he will have to contend with a divided government." -- Chris Matthews

"And at this point it is safe to say that Kentucky, another Republican state has gone for Governor Romney this evening, bringing his electoral total to sixteen, to Senator Clinton's three." -- Chuck Todd

Romney: 56%
Clinton: 42%

"It is Governor Romney with an early lead this evening, but the night is young and there are many more bigger and frankly important states at play. From here it's only going to get interesting." -- Chris Matthews.

8:41

Clinton/Schweitzer: 78
Romney/Pawlenty: 75

"It is Senator Clinton with a narrow lead over Governor Romney in the electoral count, with states still undecided at this hour: Florida, New Hampshire, Virginia, West Virginia and -- " Chris Matthews.

"Sorry to interject, but we are now calling Pennsylvania for Senator Clinton."

Clinton: 53%
Romney: 45%

Arkansas: Too Close to Call
Clinton/Schweitzer: 50.9%
Romney/Pawlenty: 48.5%

Florida: Too Close to Call
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.7%
Clinton/Schweitzer: 49.1%

West Virginia: Too Close to Call
Clinton/Schweitzer: 50.0%
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.1%

New Hampshire: Too Close to Call
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.5%
Clinton/Schweitzer: 49.5%

Virginia: Too Close to Call
Romney/Pawlenty: 50.1
Clinton/Schweitzer: 48.6%

Ohio: Too Close to Call
Clinton/Schweitzer: 49.6%
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.3%

"North Carolina goes for Governor Romney."

Romney: 54%
Clinton: 45%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 06:00:03 AM »

9:46

...and here stands the map at 9:46 this election evening." -- Chris Matthews.

[center
[/center]
Clinton/Schweitzer: 172
Romney/Pawlenty: 146

"And we can now project that Senator Clinton has won the state of New Hampshire."

Clinton/Schweitzer: 49.8%
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.4%

"The Romney campaign can breathe a sigh of relief, Missouri is staying Republican again this evening, as is the state of Virginia."

Clinton/Schweitzer: 176
Romney/Pawlenty: 170

"With both candidates essentially dead even in the electoral college, all eyes shift to Florida, and Ohio, the states that hold the answer as to who will be the next President of the United States. Governor Romney and Senator Clinton both devoted an extraordinary amount of time, money and manpower to those states and right now the polls show them about dead even." -- Chris Matthews.

"It's interesting. Many of us assumed tonight Hillary Clinton was going to walk away with this election and while Governor Romney is not even close to wrapping this up, it is a remarkable turn of events for the Governor that he was in fact able to go from being behind in the polls to be neck-and-neck with Senator Clinton tonight." -- Keith Olbermann.

"I think despite the fact that we've had eight years of George Bush, despite the economic crisis which looks to be getting worse not better, this is still a center right country and you're seeing that play out tonight." -- Chuck Todd.

"In terms of the Senate races we've been watching in New Hampshire, former Governor Jeanne Shaheen has unseated incumbent Senator John Sununu in a close race of: 49%-48%. With that pickup it looks like the Democrats will in fact retain control of the Senate and may strengthen their numbers tonight."

"So, if it's Romney he's looking at divided government, which is not uncommon for this town, but certainly difficult to govern in terms of an agenda." -- Chris Matthews.

"And MSNBC is now projecting the state of West Virginia for Senator Clinton, Senator Clinton has won the state of West Virginia."

Clinton/Schweitzer: 181
Romney/Pawlenty: 170

Florida: Too Close to Call
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.8%
Clinton/Schweitzer: 49.4%

Ohio: Too Close to Call
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.5%

Wisconsin: Too Close to Call
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.4%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »

10:20

"...the state of Florida will go to Governor Romney tonight."

Florida:
Romney/Pawlenty: 49.8%
Clinton/Schweitzer: 49.0%

Romney/Pawlenty: 206
Clinton/Schweitzer: 191

"It looks like this election is all coming down to Ohio, the continual battleground state." -- Chris Matthews.

"The Romney has to a fill a little more confident. They've surprised a lot of people tonight with a strong comeback from what many expected to be a Clinton blowout tonight. Of course Ohio, Nevada, Colorado and Arizona are still outstanding, all four states won by President Bush in 2004, and right now they're " -- Chuck Todd

"Here are the numbers from 2004 in the state:

Bush: 50.81% (2,859,768)
Kerry: 48.71% (2,741,167)

"Here are the numbers for tonight in the race between Senator Clinton and Governor Romney." -- Chris Matthews.

Romney: 49.41% (2,885,614)
Clinton: (48.45%) (2,702,201)

"...We project that Governor Romney has won the state of Colorado, the host of the Democratic Convention, this night may have a few more surprises in store yet..."

11:43 PM
She Did It!

Montana:
Clinton/Schweitzer: 49.6%
Romney/Pawlenty: 48.9%

"Montana puts the Senator over the top tonight..."

Epilogue:
Clinton/Schweitzer: 283 (50.0%)
Romney/Pawlenty: 255 (48.8%)

And Four Years Later:
Clinton/Schweitzer: 374 (55.8%)
Perry/Daniels: 164 (43.6%)
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »

Interesting.  What are congressional numbers (and economic ones) going into 2020?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies