Rudy, Hillary and All The Rest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:47:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rudy, Hillary and All The Rest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rudy, Hillary and All The Rest  (Read 5060 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:43:36 PM »

"I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am not a candidate for President in 2008. When you've only been in the Senate for two years it's seems rather presumptuous of me to jump into an campaign and I have to ask the basic question: Am I ready to be President, and the answer is no, not at this time."

"Obama's out. That pretty much changes the race on the Democratic side, and give the nomination to Hillary Clinton, does it not?" -- Chris Mathews

"At this point it seems all the more likely. Yes John Edwards is in the race and may give her some competition in Iowa, but unless there is some major shakeup it's going to be Clinton, sort of like Rudy Giuliani on the Republican side." -- Dana Milbank

Democratic Nomination:
Clinton: 43%
Edwards: 17%
Biden: 9%
Kucinich: 5%
Other: 26%

Republican Nomination:
Giuliani: 34%
McCain: 22%
Romney: 18%
Huckabee: 11%
Paul: 6%
Other: 9%

CLINTON MAKES IT OFFICIAL
"I'm in, I'm ready to lead America on Day One."

"We face a dangerous world in the next decade and America needs strong leadership. I have those skills and unlike any in this race, or on the Democratic side I am ready to lead on Day One."

ANTI-CLINTON CANDIDATE MOMENTUM BUILDS
Will He, Or Won't He?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:27 PM »

Two New Yorkers running against each other. Strangely enough, eight years ago, they were primed to run against each other for Senate. Rudy had to drop out for some reason.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:42:36 PM »

Two New Yorkers running against each other. Strangely enough, eight years ago, they were primed to run against each other for Senate. Rudy had to drop out for some reason.

Giuliani dropped out because he had cancer.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 05:30:54 PM »

Breaking News:
"After eight years of a downright failure of a president, perhaps an accidental presidency. The fact is America is trending in a direction that is detrimental to the future generations and we as a nation have a real choice in this election. We can either continue on ignoring the challenges, or we can confront them and beat them. November 4, 2008 will be the day we as nation decide in unison whether or not we will continue to believe in the promise of freedom and justice and whether or not America will continue to be a great and prosperous society. So it is today that I throw my hat into the ring, and enter the race to become the next President of the United States.

Al Gore Enters The Democratic Nomination Race[/b]

"I welcome Former Vice President Gore into the race. I look forward to an exchanging of ideas and presenting our cases to the Democratic voters who will decide the nominee of our party. I wish him well." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton, Statement on Al Gore's entrance into the race.

"Washington is buzzing today as Al Gore, the former Vice President to President Bill Clinton, husband of Senator Hillary Clinton, frontrunner for the Democratic Nomination, entered the race today. This certainly changes the dynamics instantly and the question now everyone is asking: What is going to happen? Will Hillary remain the frontrunner and crush Gore, or will Gore topple Clinton and claim the Presidency that many believe was stolen from him in 2000."

Democratic Nomination:
Clinton: 34%
Gore: 27%
Edwards: 10%
Biden: 7%
Kucinich: 4%
Undecided: 18%

Clinton & Gore Raise $25M+ each in the first Three Months, Edwards Raises $12M

Romney & Giuliani Lead in the Race for Money: Both Raise over $20M, McCain Lags

"With the Primaries just months away, Florida you are going to help us and we'll win this election and defeat either Gore or Clinton, both Clintons!"

"Mayor Giuliani maybe a terrific candidate, but that doesn't make him the best person to present the conservative case to the American people. We cannot have similarities with either Al Gore or Hillary Clinton. We must present a stark contrast and I believe I am the candidate that our party is looking for, and that I'm the best person to champion the conservative message in 2008."

Clinton Continues to Lead, Despite Attacks on Iraq Vote by Gore
"I unlike Al Gore can admit when I made a mistake. I can admit that I'm human, that I'm imperfect. Sure, yes, I did support the Iraq Resolution in 2003, and I can say then I thought it was the right thing to do, because I believed our President, a president who deceived us all on a lie. It was a mistake. I regret it and regret it ever since, but I'll admit when I am wrong and frankly I call on the former Vice President to do the same as well."

"...Senator Clinton needs to answer for her vote and justify how that makes her qualified to be President, because frankly we don't need a retreat of the last eight years. Not again."

"Senator, you have cited your thirty five years of experience, service in the Senate and as First Lady as the reasons you are ready to be President. How are you more experienced than the former Vice President Al Gore, the man who served with your husband?"

"Well Wolf, Al Gore served as Vice President, but we to remember that was eight years ago, and while I do not discredit his service, I have had a different kind of service for the last eight years. I've been dealing with the issues directly facing the American people, while he has remained on the sidelines as an activist and observer. Now to break it down this is a campaign of personalities and I think it will play a larger role in deciding the nominee of our party."

New Hampshire:
Clinton: 42%
Gore: 32%
Edwards: 10%
Biden: 7%
Kucinich: 3%
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 05:39:03 PM »

I love this. I hope Gore comes from behind and crushes Guiliani, Romney, or McCain.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 07:52:32 PM »

Huckabee First, Romney Second in Iowa Straw Poll, Biden Bids Adieu to Nomination

"The people of Iowa have made an announcement. They've found the real conservative in this race and his name isn't Romney or Giuliani. It's Mike Huckabee, and if you're a conservative you either are or you aren't, and no amount of money is going to change that Mitt."

Iowa Republican Nomination Poll:
Romney: 29%
Huckabee: 25%
Giuliani: 18%
McCain: 9%
Paul: 5%

Matchup:
Romney v. Clinton
Romney: 44%
Clinton: 47%

Romney v. Gore
Romney: 45%
Gore: 47%

Giuliani v. Clinton
Giuliani: 45%
Clinton: 48%

Giuliani v. Gore
Giuliani: 45%
Gore: 46%

New Hampshire Republican Poll:
Romney: 33%
Giuliani: 25%
McCain: 20%
Huckabee: 12%
Paul: 7%
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »

Cool, but I think Rudy would be winning in some polls, just because the economy hasn't totally hit the floor yet.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:40:26 AM »

"Governor Romney seems like a nice man, but he's trying to be something he's not. Look I make no shaky statements over my record and positions. Governor Romney is a moderate to liberal Republican, and there's nothing wrong with that, but he's parading himself as a conservative's conservatives and it's just not the case."

Latest Republican Nomination Poll:
Giuliani: 32%
Romney: 25%
Huckabee: 19%
McCain: 14%

"It's all easy for the former Vice President to go around and attack Hillary for voting on the Iraq Resolution. Now he can make the argument that he wouldn't vote for it, but he wasn't there. Frankly, all he's done in the last eight years is profit off his climate change documentary, hardly has he been fighting in the trenches."

Iowa Democratic Poll:
Clinton: 34%
Gore: 32%
Edwards: 20%
Kucinich: 8%

Iowa Republican Poll:
Giuliani: 29%
Romney: 26%
Huckabee: 25%
McCain: 12%

New Hampshire Democratic Poll:
Clinton: 40%
Gore: 31%
Edwards: 16%
Kucinich: 6%

New Hampshire Republican Poll:
Giuliani: 29%
Romney: 27%
McCain: 22%
Huckabee: 14%
Huckabee: 6%

McCain Keeps Hope Alive

Obama Endorses Clinton
"At this critical time, Senator Clinton is the candidate we need. She is the candidate of change for America!"

"We say endorsements don't matter, but then you get one like this and it changes the whole race completely. I don't think anyone thought Obama would endorse Hillary Clinton, the conventional wisdom was he was going to go with Gore, but with this endorsement I think Obama is playing politics as well. She has been the establishment favorite, in part because no matter how it's cut it, Gore didn't become President in 2001. Now he may have the support of the liberal base, but I think this will hurt him, especially going into New Hampshire and Iowa.

Iowa Caucuses:

It's Huckabee!
"Iowa has spoken. They want a real conservative for our party to defeat the liberal idols of either Al Gore or Hillary Clinton."

"Thank you Iowa. We fought hard, and we got the silver this time, but we're going to go into New Hampshire and win there."

"Third, not bad. Would have loved to have gotten first, but luckily this is a marathon, not a sprint. So it's onto New Hampshire, Florida, Michigan, Nevada and all across this country."

Iowa Caucuses:
Huckabee: 34.36%
Romney: 26.19%
Giuliani: 21.0%
McCain: 9.0%
Paul: 7.45%

Democratic Race Too Close to Call!

RedPrometheus

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 09:08:04 AM »

Go Hillary! Great timeline!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »

Haha, Bill's awesome.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »

This is great. Obama and Clinton were actually pretty good allies in the Senate before the primaries. If he hadn't decided to run, he probably would've endorsed Hillary.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 07:37:24 AM »

GORE TRUMPS CLINTON(s)

Well, we’re going to take this enthusiasm and go right to New Hampshire tonight. This is a great night for Democrats. We have seen an unprecedented turnout here in Iowa. And that is good news, because today we’re sending a clear message: that we are going to have change, and that change will be a Democratic president in the White House in 2009.

(APPLAUSE)

I am so proud to have run with such exceptional candidates. I congratulate Former Vice President Gore, Senator Edwards, and Congressman Kucinich. Together, we have presented the case for change and have made it absolutely clear that America needs a new beginning.

And I am as ready as I can be, after having had this incredible experience here in Iowa, starting out a long time ago, and making this journey with so many people who have become my friends and who I am so grateful for, their hard work and support, those from Iowa, those who have come from around the country. And the people who were there exceeding anybody’s expectations about what it would mean to have the caucuses this year, I thank you. I thank each and every one of you for coming out and standing up for a Democrat.

What is most important now is that, as we go on with this contest, that we keep focused on the two big issues, that we answer correctly the questions that each of us has posed. How will we win in November 2008, by nominating a candidate who will be able to go the distance? And who will be the best president on day one? I am ready for that contest.

(APPLAUSE)

Now, you know, we have always planned to run a national campaign all the way through the early contests, because I want the people of America, and particularly Democrats, and like-minded independents... (LAUGHTER) ... and Republicans who have seen the light... (APPLAUSE) ... to understand, number one, that the stakes are huge, that the job is enormous, but that I believe we’re going to make the right decision.

There will be a lot of people who will get involved, as they have here in Iowa, of all ages. That is what we want, because we’re not just trying to elect a president; we’re trying to change our country. That is what I am committed to doing.

I have set big goals for our country. I want to rebuild a strong and prosperous middle class. And to me, that is the most important job the next president will have here at home, because if we don’t begin to pay attention to the people who do the work, and raise the families, and make this country great, we will not recognize America in a few years.

And I want to make it absolutely clear I intend to restore America’s leadership and our moral authority in the world. And we’re going to tackle all of the problems that are going to be inherited because of the current administration, including ending the war in Iraq, and bringing our troops home, and then giving them the support that they need.

And we’re going to reform our government. We’re going to make sure that it is not the government of the few, by the few, and for the few, but it actually works for every American again.

And we’re going to reclaim the future for our children. I have done this work for 35 years. It is the work of my lifetime. I have done -- I have been involved in making it possible for young people to have a better education and for people of all ages to have health care, and that transforming work is what we desperately need in our country again. I am so ready for the rest of this campaign, and I am so ready to lead.

So if you’re concerned about whether or not we can have quality, affordable health care for every American, then I’m your candidate. And if you’re concerned about whether we can have an energy policy that will break the shackles of our dependence on foreign oil and set forth a new set of goals for us to meet together, then I’m your candidate. And if you are worried about once and for all taking on global warming, making it clear that we will end the unfunded mandate known as No Child Left Behind, that we will make college affordable again, that we will be once again the country of values and ideals that we cherish so much, then, please, join me in this campaign.

We have a long way to go, but I am confident and optimistic, both about the campaign, but maybe more importantly about our country. This country deserves everything we can give to it. You know, there were a lot of people who couldn’t caucus tonight, despite the very large turnout. There are a lot of Iowans who are in the military. They are in Iraq or Afghanistan or somewhere else serving our country, and they need a commander-in-chief who respects them and who understands that force should be only used as a last resort, not a first resort.

(APPLAUSE)

And there are a lot of people who work at night, people who are on their feet, people who are taking care of patients in a hospital, or waiting on a table in a restaurant, or maybe in a patrol car keeping our streets safe. And they need a president who’s going to care about them and their families.

You know, I wrote a book some years ago called ”It Takes a Village to Raise a Child,” and in it I have a chapter that I titled ”Every Child Needs a Champion.” Well, I think that the American people need a president who is their champion, and that is what I intend to be.

(APPLAUSE)

So I want to thank all the people who have been part of this campaign so far. I especially want to thank all of my friends here in Iowa who have worked so hard. I want to thank those who have come from across America. I want to thank all of the unions, the more than 6 million union members who support my candidacy.

And I know that we’re going to get up tomorrow and keep pushing as hard as we can to get the message out about what is at stake in this election, because we know that it is literally the future of our country.

So thank you all so very much for caring enough to be involved in politics, for giving of your time and your resources, for understanding that this great democracy of ours deserves to have all of our best efforts. And I promise you this campaign that I am running will certainly have mine and I ask for yours, as well. Thank you all very, very much. God bless you.

Iowa Caucuses:
Gore: 32.7%
Clinton: 30.0%
Edwards: 29.8%
Kucinich: 3.8%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 09:32:49 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 12:26:25 PM by NHI »

Clinton Enters NH Beaten, but not defeated

NH DEMOCRATIC POLL POLL: January 4, 2008
Clinton: 37%
Gore: 36%
Edwards: 18%

NH REPUBLICAN POLL: January 4, 2008
Giuliani: 27%
Huckabee: 18%
Paul: 9%

"These two polls tells us two things. One that Clinton is slipping and slipping fast in New Hampshire, and on the Republican side it's a race between Giuliani, Romney and Huckabee. I mean John McCain is now in fourth place, a state he won overwhelmingly over George Bush in 2000, now he's just above fourteen percent. I don't think he makes it out this state."

"What about Rudy Giuliani? Is this the state where he has to make a comeback? -- Joe Scarborough

"No. He still has Florida, Michigan and other states with Super Tuesday."

"But the real question is about Hillary Clinton. Her campaign says she's in the for the long run." -- Mark Halperin.

"Clinton has gone from being the frontrunner to almost being irrelevant. Now of course she has the money to stay the distance, but there is a growing sense that Al Gore had the presidency stolen from him by George Bush. He is seen as the heir apparent and though the Democrats like Hillary and they love Bill Clinton, they seem to be drawn to the idea of nominating the guy who should have been president."

"Well that's just it Chris. You say like Hillary and love Bill Clinton. If that is so then she's sunk. Hillary has to find a way to break through the likability gap, but I have to tell you Chris, Al Gore isn't too popular with the American public. He maybe likable with the Democratic base, but put him up against Giuliani, McCain, even Romney I think he'll have a tough time." -- Joe Scarborough

"It’s not easy, and I couldn’t do it if I didn’t passionately believe it was the right thing to do. You know, I have so many opportunities from this country just don’t want to see us fall backwards, You know, this is very personal for me. It’s not just political it’s not just public. I see what’s happening, and we have to reverse it. Some people think elections are a game, lot’s of who’s up or who’s down, [but] it’s about our country , it’s about our kids’ futures, and it’s really about all of us together, You know, some of us put ourselves out there and do this against some pretty difficult odds, and we do it, each one of us because we care about our country but some of us are right and some of us are wrong, some of us are ready and some of us are not, some of us know what we will do on day one and some of us haven’t thought that through enough, And so when we look at the array of problems we have and the potential for it really spinning out of control, this is one of the most important elections American has ever faced."

"Senator Clinton is on her way out. A campaign that is in trouble and the fact is she is not ready for the big leagues."

Romney makes the final push for NH. "We're going to win this state."

McCain campaigns in Peterborough to a small crowd.

"Let's win this one New Hampshire! I need your help and together we can see that America is secure and prosperous."

New Hampshire Republican Poll: January 7, 2008
Romney: 28%
Giuliani: 27%
Huckabee: 19%
Paul: 9%

New Hampshire Democratic Poll: January 7, 2008
Gore: 38%
Clinton: 36%
Edwards: 17%

"The Vice President, someone I use to respect has sunk to a new level attacking Hillary. This whole thing about him being the Anti-War candidate is the biggest fairy tale. This is the guy who voted in 1991, breaking from the Democrats to vote for the Gulf War. Now he tries to parade himself as the liberal's liberal, but the fact is he's been pro-war, and on the big issues him and Hillary differ completely. His healthcare plan isn't universal. He doesn't want to end No Child Left Behind. Then he makes an off the cuff remark about how I didn't get Osama Bin Laden. Give me a break, this is the guy we want to nominate to go up against the Republican machine. The Vice President had his time in the spotlight and failed, it's time to move on."

New Hampshire Primary: January 8, 2008
McCain Projected to Finish Fourth in NH Primary

Race Too Close To Call
New Hampshire Primary: Republican
Giuliani: 26%
Huckabee: 20%
McCain: 15%
Paul: 8%

New Hampshire Primary: Democrat
Race Too Close To Call
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »

Romney Declared Winner in NH Primary
Republican Governor from neighboring state of Massachusetts won a crucial victory in the Republican New Hampshire Primary, defeating longtime frontrunner Rudy Giuliani and John McCain, who finished fourth. Romney declared with his victory that "momentum is building and it'll carrying him to the nomination of his party."

New Hampshire Primary
Romney: 29.7%
Giuliani: 26.0%
Huckabee: 20.5%
McCain: 14.9%
Paul: 8.6%

Clinton Strikes Back
"Because of you New Hampshire I found my own voice, and tonight this campaign is reenergized and ready to go..."

New Hampshire Primary
Clinton: 35.2%
Gore: 33.6%
Edwards: 22.4%
Kucinich: 6.9%

"In case Al Gore forgot, he got a reminder tonight that you never count the Clinton's out. They'll always comeback. Hillary Clinton proved that tonight and I think tonight she finally broke free of Bill Clinton's shadow. This is the Hillary Clinton we all knew she could be. We'll see if she's able to carry on and regain her place, but things certainly look better tonight, then they did following Iowa."

Gore Campaigns in South Carolina, continuing to hammer Clinton on Iraq. "She won't end this war, I will."

"Either one or two things are happening. Either the Vice President's memory is slipping or his campaign is getting desperate. I have repeatedly said if George Bush doesn't end this war by next January, from the moment I'm sworn in I will begin the drawdown of US troops in Iraq and end this war for good."

Michigan Republican Poll:
Romney: 46%
Giuliani: 20%
Huckabee: 18%
McCain: 11%
Paul: 4%

McCain Suspends Campaign, Doesn't Back a Candidate

Michigan Primary: Republicans
Romney: 47.0%
Giuliani: 27.5%
Huckabee: 19.1%
Paul: 5.2%

Michigan Primary: Democrats
Clinton: 54.7%
Uncommitted: 45.3%

Romney: 43
Huckabee: 16
Giuliani: 21
McCain: 1
Paul: 0

Clinton: 27
Gore: 37
Edwards: 3
Kucinich: 0
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 08:38:56 PM »

Keep it coming man!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 10:48:19 PM »

Kucinich Bows Out, Clinton and Gore Slug it Out.

Romney Wins Big in Nevada, Finishes Second in South Carolina

Nevada: Republican
Romney: 51.1%
Paul: 13.7%
Giuliani: 12.7%
Huckabee: 8.0%

South Carolina: Republican
Huckabee: 43.2%
Romney: 37.9%
Giuliani: 9.6%
Paul: 6.2%

Huckabee Wins the Republican Stronghold
"...it should be noted tonight that every winner of the South Carolina primary since Ronald Reagan in 1980 has gone onto win the Republican nomination, and tonight we've continued that tradition..."

"Huckabee bounced back tonight, after fair performances in New Hampshire and Michigan, he came back with a big win in a state that's critical to Republican primary winners and tonight he's only 13 delegates behind Romney. With a win like this, the money may start to come in and he maybe able to draw even with Romney." -- Chris Matthews.

"We should mention Rudy Giuliani tonight. He wrote off this state, spending tonight in Florida, where he hopes to turn around his campaign and pull out a comeback. The money is drying up, and his firewall may not last." -- Keith Olbermann

"It's a gamble. It may pay off, but it's risky. The fact is people's concerns are growing, not necessarily about Iraq in Republican circles, but about the economy and the question of whether or not we're in or entering a recession. Romney trumpets himself as an economics guy, so this maybe his opportunity to break from the pack." -- Chris Matthews.

"And we can now project that Senator Clinton is the winner in the Nevada Caucuses."

Clinton: 51.9%
Gore: 45.0%
Edwards: 2.1%

January 26, 2008: South Carolina: Democratic Primary

Clinton: 49.0%
Gore: 36.4%
Edwards: 13.6%

Edwards Ends Campaign, Clinton and Gore Press On
"Florida and Michigan's Delegates will be seated at the convention." -- Clinton

"The fact is Mitt, conservatives just can't trust you, and that is a problem."

"We're not to give in. We're is going to win this state, and give the biggest comeback this election cycle."

Candidates Line up for the Crist Endorsement
"I have no intention of making an endorsement yet."

Florida: Republican Poll
Romney: 33%
Giuliani: 32%
Huckabee: 30%

Crist Backs Giuliani. "He's the leader America deserves!"

Florida: Democratic Race
Clinton: 52.5%
Gore: 45.5%

Florida: Republican Race
Too Close to Call

Democratic Delegate Count: January 29, 2008 *Michigan and Florida, non-committed
Clinton: 115
Gore: 97
Edwards: 37

Romney Takes the Silver
"This campaign is not over. We're going to go into Super Tuesday and we're going to win there!"

Giuliani's Comeback: "They counted us out, but we don't quit, just like America."

Giuliani: 34.3%
Romney: 34.1%
Edwards: 28.0%
Paul: 2.6%

Republican Delegate Count: January 29, 2008
Giuliani: 78
Romney: 48
Huckabee: 35
McCain: 3
Paul: 0

Democratic Nomination Poll:
Clinton: 52%
Gore: 45%

Republican Nomination Poll:
Giuliani: 33%
Romney: 32%
Huckabee: 29%

Matchup:
Romney v. Clinton:
Clinton: 46%
Romney: 43%

Romney v. Gore:
Romney: 45%
Gore: 43%

Giuliani v. Clinton:
Clinton: 46%
Giuliani: 42%

Giuliani v. Gore:
Gore: 46%
Giuliani: 43%

Huckabee v. Clinton:
Clinton: 49%
Huckabee: 40%

Huckabee v. Gore:
Gore: 48%
Huckabee: 40%

Maine Caucuses: Republican

Romney: 37.7%
Giuliani: 31.8%
Paul: 17.5%
Huckabee: 12.0%

Maine Caucuses: Democrat

Gore: 49.6%
Clinton: 49.0%
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »

Keep it coming man!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2012, 04:21:38 PM by NHI »

McCain Endorses Romney

Huckabee attacks Romney for his Massachusetts Healthcare Plan. "Mandates are mandates Mitt. Don't try and sugarcoat it."

"Let me finish tonight with the state of the race for the Democratic Nomination. Both candidates have gone to the limits with attacking one another. From criticizing Iraq Votes, to qualifications for the Presidency. The race has turned ugly and ugly fast. The question remain, can these two figures come together and unify the party, when of course one of them wins then nomination, because at this point the only candidate being helped is the eventual Republican nominee..."

Super Tuesday:

Alabama:
Huckabee: 43.3%
Romney: 35.1%
Giuliani: 17.8%
Paul: 2.7%

Clinton: 56.0%
Gore: 41.1%

Alaska:
Romney: 43.7%
Huckabee: 21.9%
Paul: 17.2%
Giuliani: 15.6%

Clinton: 75.2%
Gore: 24.7%

American Samoa:
Romney: 95.5%
Giuliani: 2.2%
Huckabee: 1.0%
Paul: 0.4%

Clinton: 57.2%
Gore: 42.5%

Arizona:
Romney: 40.2%
Huckabee: 28.7%
Giuliani: 22.8%
Paul: 7.3%

Clinton: 55.5%
Gore: 44.0%

Arkansas:
Huckabee: 61.1%
Romney: 20.4%
Giuliani: 14.2%
Paul: 3.3%

Clinton: 69.9%
69.7%
Gore: 26.6%

California:
Romney: 42.2%
Giuliani: 34.6%
Huckabee: 11.6%
Paul: 4.4%

Clinton: 50.0%
Gore: 49.7%

Colorado:
Romney: 60.1%
Huckabee: 18.4%
Giuliani: 12.8%
Paul: 8.4%

Gore: 52.2%
Clinton: 46.5%

Connecticut:
Romney: 52.0%
Giuliani: 32.9%
Huckabee: 7.0%
Paul: 4.1%

Clinton: 51.1%
Gore: 47.8%

Delaware:
Giuliani: 42.2%
Romney: 41.9%
Huckabee: 12.3%
Paul: 2.9%

Clinton: 53.1%
Gore: 45.5%

Georgia:
Huckabee: 33.9%
Romney: 31.6%
Giuliani: 30.2%
Paul: 2.9%

Gore: 50.6%
Clinton: 48.2%

Idaho:
Clinton: 46.8%

Illinois:
Romney: 47.6%
Giuliani: 28.9%
Huckabee: 16.5%
Paul: 5.0%

Clinton: 65.5%
Gore: 33.1%

Kansas:
Gore: 58.8%
Clinton: 40.2%

Massachusetts:
Romney: 79.9%
Giuliani: 14.4%
Huckabee: 3.0%
Paul: 2.6%

Gore: 56.2%
Clinton: 42.8%

Minnesota:
Romney: 41.4%
Giuliani: 22.0%
Huckabee: 19.9%
Paul: 15.7%

Gore: 66.4%
Clinton: 32.2%

Missouri:
Huckabee: 36.0%
Romney: 31.1%
Giuliani: 26.3%
Paul: 4.5%

Gore: 49.9%
Clinton: 49.7%

Montana:
Romney: 52.4%
Huckabee: 41.2%
Giuliani: 1.0%

New Jersey:
Giuliani: 44.4%
Romney: 42.2%
Huckabee: 12.2%
Paul: 0.2%

Clinton: 56.2%
Gore: 42.8%

New Mexico:
Gore: 50.0%
Clinton: 49.4%

New York:
Giuliani: 44.0%
Romney: 37.8%
Huckabee: 10.4%
Paul: 6.8%

Clinton: 74.4%
Gore: 24.6%

North Dakota:
Romney: 35.8%
Huckabee: 31.0%
Paul: 20.7%
Giuliani: 11.5%

Clinton: 46.9%

Oklahoma:
Huckabee: 58.8%
Romney: 30.0%
Giuliani: 7.7%
Paul: 2.5%

Clinton: 51.1%
Gore: 47.7%

Tennessee:
Huckabee: 39.5%
Romney: 32.2%
Giuliani: 22.5%
Paul: 4.8%

Gore:
53.3%
Clinton: 45.0%

Utah:
Romney: 90.0%
Huckabee: 6.8%
Paul: 2.2%
Giuliani: 0.8%

Clinton: 50.6%
Gore: 48.8%

West Virginia:
Romney: 47.5%
Huckabee: 45.5%
Giuliani: 4.9%
Paul: 2.0%

Romney: 569
Huckabee: 269
Giuliani: 184
Paul: 5

Romney Asserts himself as The Frontrunner, following his wins on Tuesday.

Low on campaign cash, Giuliani looks to reassess his campaign after Super Tuesday.

Clinton: 1,024
Gore: 876
Edwards: 37

Clinton Proclaims Victory, Gore Vows to Fight On

"This morning we have a clearer picture than yesterday morning. First, Hillary Clinton dominated last night. Taking away important states that Al Gore needed, and now she has the lead in delegates, support and money. I think she's unstoppable at this point. Now, second. Mitt Romney. Yesterday everyone was thinking just maybe Rudy Giuliani might complete his comeback following his narrow win in Florida, but it wasn't the case. He won three states last nights, one of which is his home state. I think Giuliani is done and will be out by the end of the week. This is now a Huckabee v. Romney race going forward, but I give the edge to Romney. He has the staying power to outlast Huckabee."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 09:30:08 AM »

Matchup:
Clinton v. Romney
Clinton: 47%

Gore v. Romney

Who do you support for the Republican Nomination?
Romney: 41%
Huckabee: 31%
Giuliani: 20%
Paul: 7%

Who do you support for the Democratic Nomination?
Clinton: 54%

Democrat: 262
Republican: 240
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2012, 04:31:50 PM by NHI »

Clinton Begins to Consolidate her support, and shifts focus to Romney."Governor Romney is a retread of George Bush and Dick Cheney. Does America want to return down that road, for four more, agonizing years, after eight painful years?"

February 9th/12th Contests:

Kansas: Republicans
Huckabee: 48.7%
Romney: 45.4%
Paul: 4.9%

Louisiana:
Huckabee: 50.0%
Romney: 47.7%
Paul: 1.2

Clinton: 52.2%
Gore: 46.8%

Nebraska:
Clinton: 59.9%
Gore: 39.6%

US Virgin Islands:
Clinton: 70.0%
Gore: 27.7%

Washington:
Romney: 51.4%
Huckabee: 34.9%
Paul: 12.7%

Gore: 50.2%
Clinton: 49.6%

District of Columbia:
Clinton: 78.8%
Gore: 20.2%

Romney: 69.2%
Huckabee: 23.8%

Maryland:
Romney: 68.5%
Huckabee: 25.5%

Clinton: 67.7%
Gore: 31.3%

Virginia:
Romney: 49.2%
Huckabee: 45.5%
Paul: 4.3%

Clinton: 59.9%
Gore: 39.2%

February 19:

Wisconsin:
Romney: 57.7%
Huckabee: 37.7%
Paul: 3.6%

Clinton: 60.0%
Gore: 38.8%

Hawaii:
Clinton: 46.5%

Puerto Rico:
Romney: 95.5%
Huckabee: 2.2%
Paul: 1.3%

American Samoa:
Romney: 100%

Romney all but declares victory.

Rick Perry endorses Romney ahead of the Texas Primary

"I'm going to stay in this race until we have a nominee."

March 4th Primaries:

Ohio:
Romney: 59.6%
Huckabee: 33.1%
Paul: 6.3%

Ohio:
Clinton: 56.0%
Gore: 42.8%

Rhode Island:
Romney: 89.8%
Paul: 4.9%
Huckabee: 4.3%

Clinton: 57.7%
Gore: 41.5%

Vermont:
Romney: 79.5%
Paul: 15.9%
Huckabee: 3.6%

Gore: 55.5%
Clinton: 44.2%

Texas:
Huckabee: 47.6%
Romney: 40.3%
Paul: 11.1%

Clinton: 54.4%
Gore: 45.8%

"I know people in the Romney campaign are scratching their heads this morning. Texas was supposed to go their way. The polls said. They had Rick Perry on board and then crafty old Mike Huckabee comes back and takes the wind out of Mitt's sails."

"It was a shocker. I don't think it changes everything dramatically. Romney will still be the nominee, because the math favors him He needs exactly 307 delegates and he's the Republican Nominee, unlike Huckabee who needs 763. Now if this stretched out, we could see a brokered convention, but I think if anything last night was a shout out from the base, saying to the Romney campaign. 'Don't take us for granted. We have not been won over yet." -- Mark Halperin.

Romney: 884
Huckabee: 428

March 8th Primaries:

Mississippi:
Huckabee: 51.1%
Romney: 45.9%
Paul: 2.0%

Clinton: 61.1%
Gore: 37.5%

Wyoming:
Clinton: 60.0%
Gore: 38.8%

Guam:
Romney: 100%

Delegates:
Romney: 886
Huckabee: 464

Clinton: 1,517
Gore: 1,263
Edwards:37
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »

Keep it coming man Wink
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »

"In an economy that is certainly anemic as our's is, I think it helps to have someone in the White House who actually understands the economy and knows how to create jobs. With respect to the remaining candidates in our race and on the Democratic side, there is no candidate with the private sector experience that I think is critical for the next President in leading this economy."

"Do you believe the US is in a recession, most Americans generally believe the United States either is or is entering one?"

"It certainly getting very frightening out there, and for middle class families as they start to worry about their homes, and getting their kids through college, these are scary times. I haven't looked at all the data on hand to state yes this is a recession by definition standards, or officially in one per say but just from an onlooker I would say yes, we in serious economic times and that's why I believe the nominee of our party and the next President needs to be someone who understands the economy and can lead America through uncertain days ahead."

"When you entered the race you were seen as the "Anyone but McCain' candidate. Now that you are the frontrunner, your record as Governor has come under attack, particularly from the right, by Governor Huckabee who says you're not conservative enough. How do you answer that?"

"Look. I'm proud of my record in Massachusetts. Unlike him I came into a state that was two to one Democrat. So I learned that I needed to work with both sides, otherwise we weren't going to get anything done. Look, William F. Buckley, the great conservative thinker famously said, and I'm paraphrasing him now, but he said, "nominate the candidate who is conservative enough to win. I am a proud conservative Republican and I can win. I can go toe-to-toe with Senator Clinton, the likely Democratic nominee and defeat her, because unlike her I've run enterprises. She wants to run the largest enterprise in the world and she's never run a business or a corner store for that matter. I have a record that I'm proud of. A turn-around-guy. I can help America and get our economy going and lead us into the next decade."

US Virgin Island: Republican
Romney: 96.9%
Paul: 2.8%
Huckabee: 0.2%

"This is a big night for two reasons with Pennsylvania. One it is the last stand for two candidates. Al Gore needs to win this state, or keep Clinton from getting a solid victory, otherwise his campaign is finished. If she wins and wins big here he's done. If he can hold her under 50%, or just slightly over, he can treat tonight as drawing on par with her. The second component is Mike Huckabee. The majority of the party is behind Romney. He has the money and the infrastructure to win. Huckabee has said he'll stay in until their is a nominee. Now there is no way he can amass the needed delegates with the primaries left. His goal is to stop Romney from clinching the nomination and pulling a Reagan v. Ford in '76. He's tried to paint Romney as a flip flopper, and as a moderate and yes, he's made some in roads, but certainly he doesn't have the war chest to do so. It'll will be interesting tonight to see how it goes. Romney has the backing of the state GOP, including extremist senator Rick Santorum, so we'll see what happens." -- Chris Matthews.

Pennsylvania:
Clinton:
Gore:

"...Senator Clinton will win the all important Pennsylvania primary tonight. The question remains on how big the margin will be, and whether or not this derails the Gore campaign.

"74 delegates at stake on the GOP side tonight. We cannot project a winner, but Mitt Romney is ahead, in fact way ahead of Mike Huckabee at this time, but with only two percent reporting we're waiting this one out to see if Huckabee can pull a comeback or if this is in fact the next step in the coronation of Mitt Romney as the Republican Nominee." -- Chris Matthews.

Romney: 59.0%
Huckabee: 35.5%
Paul: 4.5%

"One of the interesting things tonight on the Republican side is how this race changed. John McCain, the guy who finished second to Bush in 2000 got completely over shadowed by the over candidates in the race. The Party which usually nominates the next guy in line, going all the way back to Reagan in 1980 after his loss to Ford in 1976, appears to have finally broken." -- Chris Matthews

Mitt Romney Projected to Win The Pennsylvania Primary

Romney: 60.6%
Huckabee: 34.4%
Paul: 4.0%

Clinton: 66.0%
Gore: 33.8%

Democratic Delegate Tracker:
Clinton: 1,621
Gore: 1,298

Gore Addresses Supporters: Will Stay in until May 6th Primaries

Romney: 969
Huckabee: 464

"We're on our way to the convention, to the election and to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in January!"

May 6th Primaries:
Romney Hopes to Cement his lead with double wins in: NC and IN.

North Carolina:
Clinton: 68.5%
Gore: 31.3%

Indiana:
Clinton: 71.4%
Gore: 28.4%

Clinton: 1,760
Gore: 1,346

Gore ends his campaign. "Tonight I end my campaign for the bigger cause, which is to win the election and put a Democrat back in the White House in January."

Indiana:
Romney: 66.8%
Huckabee: 27.5%
Paul: 4.7%

North Carolina:
Romney: 59.9%
Huckabee: 34.9%

Romney: 1,038
Huckabee: 486
Paul: 7

Gore Endorses Clinton in Unity, NH. "We as a party must come together, so we can win, not only a victory for a party, but for the American people!" -- HRC

Huckabee refuses calls to dropout out of race.

"He should dropout, because he's only hurting Governor Romney and the Republicans in the Fall. Governor Romney needs to focus on the general election, not worrying about GOP primaries. We're going up against the Clinton machine and we need to be ready to fight and fight back."

May 13th: Romney Wins WV Primary
Romney: 1,065

May 18th: Romney Wins Hawaii
Romney: 1,082

May 20th: Romney Wins Oregon & Kentucky
Romney: 1,151

May 27th: Romney Wins Idaho
Romney: 1,178

June 3rd: Romney Wins South Dakota & New Mexico
Romney: 1,231

Mitt Romney Officially The Republican Nominee
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »

More please!  This is getting really good; Romney 2008!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »

The day after Romney officially became the presumptive Republican Nominee, the Clinton campaign launched an ad, attacking Romney's business record at Bain Capital.

"Today, the Clinton campaign unleashed an ad attacking Romney's business record. You can tell they've been waiting for this, the day after he secures the nomination they begin airing ads in the states of Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania in an attempt to define Mitt Romney. David Corn are these attacks fair and will they work?"

"Of course they're fair. Mr. Romney has built his campaign on running on his business record, it's fair game. It's always worthy of note that Senator Clinton is aiming these ads in the rust belt. They think they can define Mitt Romney before he can define himself."

The Romney Campaign responded by releasing an ad trumpeting Romney's success with the 2002 Winter Olympics, illustrating his skills as a turn-around-guy, and being the perfect person to deal with America's economy.

"Let's clear some things up, because Senator Clinton is running rampant with falsehoods about my business career at Bain Capital. They charge they I am responsible for closing down a steel plant and that my company out sourced jobs overseas. First, I did not close down the steel plant. I left Bain Capital in 1999, the plant closed after my tenure ended. Second, under my stewardship at Bain, we outsourced zero jobs overseas. I can't speak for what happened after I left Bain, but under my watch we outsourced zero."

"Governor Romney call himself, and this is a direct quote 'the perfect person' to deal with America's economy. Sure, he's the perfect person if you like more of the Bush tax cuts, and shouldering the burden for the middle class. The middle class doesn't need spending cuts the affect them the most, they need a fighter in the White House, and in this race I'm your girl!"

Clinton: 252
Romney: 196

"The projected map with battlegrounds states paints an uphill climb for Governor Romney. If Senator Clinton is able to hold all the Kerry states and flip Ohio she will reach the finish line with 272 electoral votes, and that's not counting states like Arkansas, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, West Virginia and Florida where Clinton appears to be very competitive. The Romney campaign has a lot of ground to cover, so this map should be send up a red flag, and cause them to worry."

Clinton v. Romney:
Clinton: 48%
Romney: 43%

"We're pleased where the numbers stand at this time. It's still early, Governor Romney just finished up a long, and at points contentious nomination race. As we move into the summer and towards the conventions those numbers will change and will draw even or even being leading Senator Clinton. We're the underdog in the race and that's where we like it for the time being."

"We have a prospective shortlist for Vice Presidential candidate for Senator Clinton. We cannot confirm whether this is the actual list, or merely assumptions:

Senator Barack Obama, IL
Senator Evan Bayh, IN
Senator Joe Biden, DE
Senator Tom Daschle, SD
Governor Tom Vislack, IA
Governor Deval Patrick, MA
Governor Mark Warner, VA
Governor Brian Schweitzer, MT
Governor John Lynch, NH
Governor Bill Richardson, NM
General Wesley Clark

"I take great pride today in announcing the person I have selected as my running mate, and the next Vice President of the United States, Governor..."
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »

Bill Richardson, because I have a feeling it'll be him.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies