The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:33:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Absentee & Early Voting Reports Thread  (Read 81553 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:22:48 AM »

Call me old fashion but I think voting should be a national statement of opinion as of a single day or so (except for valid traditional absentee voting from people who cannot get to the polls on election day).

I would prefer a weekend vote with polls open 6 AM to 9 PM.

This.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:35:10 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2012, 12:36:50 AM by Politico »

You are confusing early mail-in ballots (which were a small number, that voted GOP+20) and "later" early and absentee voting (which was ca. 2.5 Million voters, that voted Obama+21).

You have to compare these early numbers now with the GOP+20 number from 2008, as Prof. Michael McDonald notes.

In terms of NC ballot requests the numbers are:

Party Reg    
Dem    26.7%
Rep    52.8%
None/Oth    20.5%

They have about 10% back with about 50/32 R/D

I was mocked here just the other day for saying that NC was a virtual lock already.

Also, it's incredible that some Democrats think they should make a play for AZ or MT given all of the information coming out of everywhere other than IA, which may be tainted by the Chicago Way...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 12:38:35 AM »

You are confusing early mail-in ballots (which were a small number, that voted GOP+20) and "later" early and absentee voting (which was ca. 2.5 Million voters, that voted Obama+21).

You have to compare these early numbers now with the GOP+20 number from 2008, as Prof. Michael McDonald notes.

In terms of NC ballot requests the numbers are:

Party Reg    
Dem    26.7%
Rep    52.8%
None/Oth    20.5%

They have about 10% back with about 50/32 R/D

It was the same in 2008: Of all early voters, just 10% were mail-in ballots (those were strongly GOP back then too, says Prof. McDonald). But of the 90% who later voted in person, the overwhelming majority was DEM. These numbers will dramatically change over the next month in favor of Democrats.

Sure. Can you explain again exactly what all of those extra field offices are doing for Obama? I mean, just the other day we were hearing about how the extra field offices would triumph over the efforts of the Romney camp, especially when it comes to early voting...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »

I think it's obvious that NC is in the Romney column.

Two down, four to go (i.e., IN/NC down, FL/VA/OH/Other to go).
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2012, 10:54:23 AM by Politico »

We're looking at actual numbers, so far at any rate.  Republicans are performing better than in 2008, at least in NC.

This.

Plus, Obama only won the state by 0.32% while running on "hope and change" following a financial crisis (is "fear and smear" during an economic malaise really going to do the job this time?).

That aside, why in the world would I expect him to win it in 2012 if he is not even doing as well so far as he did at this point in 2008? Because some polls say otherwise? The actual numbers relative to 2008 are more indicative of what is going to happen than any poll. There is clearly something wrong with the polls when you look at actual voting patterns thus far.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 01:22:28 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 01:25:11 AM by Politico »

Democrats would be wise to forget about NC and start paying attention to MI, PA and maybe even OR...

If Democrats still want to win this, they're going to have to pull off a Gore 2000 with a full delivery...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies