Who do you honestly think will win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:45:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who do you honestly think will win?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Obama or Romney?
Obama

Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Who do you honestly think will win?  (Read 4983 times)
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »

The only people who voted Romney are probably Winfield and Politico. LOL

And Bushie

Trolls gonna troll.

Troll because they show Romney ahead?  Everybody needs to realize, Romney has a real chance of winning. At least 45-50%.

Troll polls because they're from hack organizations that exist to appease the fringe right-wing lunatics who watch Fox.

If you throw out Fox, you have to throw out MSNBC.

MSNBC doesn't do polls and is much less of a hack news organization than Fox which is run like the Politburo.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »

The most recent polls show Romney ahead in Florida, Ohio, and Wisconsin.  But Liberals don't let reality get in the way of their dreams.  

Those were troll polls, so yes we don't let junk get in the way.

You're a proud liberal that will go down swinging.

But don't you find it alarming that after 4 years in office, the best Obama can do in swing state polls is lose by 2-3% points?  

If Obama was America's savior and expected to win in a popular landslide, then why would it even be close for him in the swing states just 2 months from election day?  

Just face it, for a variety of reasons over 50% of the country dislikes the job Obama is doing, and will probably vote for Romney.

Except a lot of these people are liberals and progressives who will still vote for Obama. That's why Obama exceeds his approval ratings in horse-race matchups in the polls.

This race isn't close. There's a new Silent Majority in town.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 02:40:58 PM »

And Bushie

Trolls gonna troll.

Troll because they show Romney ahead?  Everybody needs to realize, Romney has a real chance of winning. At least 45-50%.

Troll polls because they're from hack organizations that exist to appease the fringe right-wing lunatics who watch Fox.

MSNBC doesn't do polls and is much less of a hack news organization than Fox which is run like the Politburo.

So, extremely liberal news stations are not hackery, but moderately-conservative ones are?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »

And Bushie

Trolls gonna troll.

Troll because they show Romney ahead?  Everybody needs to realize, Romney has a real chance of winning. At least 45-50%.

So, extremely liberal news stations are not hackery, but moderately-conservative ones are?

The fact that you consider Fox moderate in any way is laughable. I will admit that MSNBC is left-leaning, but not "extremely liberal" and certainly more toward the center than Fox.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »

The most recent polls show Romney ahead in Florida, Ohio, and Wisconsin.  But Liberals don't let reality get in the way of their dreams.  

But don't you find it alarming that after 4 years in office, the best Obama can do in swing state polls is lose by 2-3% points?  

If Obama was America's savior and expected to win in a popular landslide, then why would it even be close for him in the swing states just 2 months from election day?  

Just face it, for a variety of reasons over 50% of the country dislikes the job Obama is doing, and will probably vote for Romney.

Except a lot of these people are liberals and progressives who will still vote for Obama. That's why Obama exceeds his approval ratings in horse-race matchups in the polls.

Believe what you will, but I think you'll be suprised when President Romney is sworn in on 1/20/2013.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »

You obviously have no effing clue what isolationism is, but that aside, yes. To you the green party candidate Jill Stein is the much better person.

What government experience does she have?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 02:46:26 PM »

And Bushie

Trolls gonna troll.

Troll because they show Romney ahead?  Everybody needs to realize, Romney has a real chance of winning. At least 45-50%.

The fact that you consider Fox moderate in any way is laughable. I will admit that MSNBC is left-leaning, but not "extremely liberal" and certainly more toward the center than Fox.

CNN is the most centrist of the three.  I count NBC polls, so I have to include Fox.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »

And Bushie

Trolls gonna troll.

CNN is the most centrist of the three.  I count NBC polls, so I have to include Fox.

NBC may own MSNBC, but they are very different stations. NBC polls don't have an agenda. Fox polls are trollish but not as much as Rasmussen polls. Scotty is the biggest troll pollster of all and - in my opinion - a fraud who makes up numbers.

CNN isn't even centrist. It's a whore of the corporatist establishment.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49:37 PM »

I think Obama will win, but Romney has an actual shot of winning.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »

Its starting to be more sad than funny how many self described progressives are still voting for Obama.

The progressive challenge ship sailed in 1996 when The Media coronated Clinton as the nominee again.

1996 was the time to fight, and The Media blew it for us.

... What are you saying? Is it that Jimmy Griffin (cross-endorsed many times in his career by the Republicans, Conservatives, and Right-To-Lifers, and a supporter of groups such as Operation Rescue) should be the face of the Democratic Party? Or Bob Casey Sr., another member of the conservative wing of the Democratic Party? Or should Jesse Jackson have been nominated in 1996? Who presented a credible challenge to Clinton that you found acceptable?

You obviously have no effing clue what isolationism is, but that aside, yes. To you the green party candidate Jill Stein is the much better person.

What government experience does she have?

2 runs for Governor of Massachusetts, 1 for Massachusetts House, election to Lexington, MA Town Representative, 2nd in Massachusetts SoS election, and her current campaign.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »

Its starting to be more sad than funny how many self described progressives are still voting for Obama.

The progressive challenge ship sailed in 1996 when The Media coronated Clinton as the nominee again.

1996 was the time to fight, and The Media blew it for us.

Were you even alive in 1996?
milhouse24
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »

Sometimes I wish I can be liberal and live in a fantasy land. 
If there is a liberal silent majority, then why did Liberal candidates get demolished in the 2010 elections? 
You are such a proud liberal hack that you just type stuff from a bizarro world asylum.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »

A growing sense that Romney will win.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2012, 05:01:41 PM by Supersonic »

Romney can, and will, win, if he plays his cards right.

That Gallup poll showing President Obama's approvals on the 'economy' and 'job creation' at 37% indicates how America is yearning for a business leader in the White House.

The race is a pure toss up as of now.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 05:46:16 PM »

It'll be close.  If it were today, probably Obama.  But nobody is in a position to say who will win in November because there's so much time left.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »

It'll be close.  If it were today, probably Obama.  But nobody is in a position to say who will win in November because there's so much time left.

I agree with this.  I think Romney has a slightly better chance 11 1/2 weeks from now, but he needs to start coming out with exactly what he would do, especially on the Medicare debate, before Seniors automatically tag Romney to Ryan's plan.  Romney has said his plan is different than Ryan's, so now it's time for him to put up or shut up because early voting begins in early September.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 06:53:07 PM »

If nothing significant happens between now and November, Obama. If something bad happens for Romney, then still Obama obviously. Therefore the safe money is on the president.

However, there are two conventions and three (well, 3 1/2) debates to go. I'm genuinely surprised at how few people on this board seem to remember how fluid the last two races were from August forward. 2004 was a roller coaster in the polls, with bumps for both candidates coming out of their conventions, a huge bump for Kerry after the first debate, and a recovery for Bush in the last two debates. Of course 2008 was driven by the recession late in the game, but that's not to say that something as newsworthy won't come up.

RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 07:20:11 PM »

Romney. Unemployment is just too damn high.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »

Both
Romney has a good chance via the conventions to convince folks he can do better than Obama.  So he should take a lead in the polls. 

Obama has the better new voter registration and GOTV organization in the swing states.

So in Nov. Romney should win the popular vote but Obama the electoral vote and the election.
milhouse24
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »

Both
Romney has a good chance via the conventions to convince folks he can do better than Obama.  So he should take a lead in the polls. 

Obama has the better new voter registration and GOTV organization in the swing states.

So in Nov. Romney should win the popular vote but Obama the electoral vote and the election.

The debates will determine whether Romney has the chops to convince the American people he can handle the job.  That was similar to when Reagan convince people he was competent enough to replace Carter. 

The Obama campaign can get young voter registrations, but its doubtful that he can get a high turnout from those young voters, and make them remember to vote.  Also, a lot of college students don't have cars, so there is no way for them to get to the voting stations. 

Also, 2010 proved that the Republicans/Tea Party can have a strong GOTV operation.  The Paul Ryan choice just re-ignited the Tea Party movement.  Besides, citizens over 30-65 are far more likely to vote and vote for Republicans.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »

Both

The debates will determine whether Romney has the chops to convince the American people he can handle the job.  That was similar to when Reagan convince people he was competent enough to replace Carter. 

The Obama campaign can get young voter registrations, but its doubtful that he can get a high turnout from those young voters, and make them remember to vote.  Also, a lot of college students don't have cars, so there is no way for them to get to the voting stations. 

Also, 2010 proved that the Republicans/Tea Party can have a strong GOTV operation.  The Paul Ryan choice just re-ignited the Tea Party movement.  Besides, citizens over 30-65 are far more likely to vote and vote for Republicans.

I think Romney can go toe-to-toe with Obama in the debates.  He was more reserved in the primaries and I think starting October 3, we'll see a more on-target and more focused Mitt Romney.  If we don't then we'll be looking at re-election.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 11:50:23 PM »

As of now, I still think Obama has the edge. The past two weeks really haven't been good for the president at all, though. Earlier in the summer, I would've definitely said that this election would easily go in favor of Obama. Now, I'd place Obama's chances of winning just below 60%. So, as of now, I'll say Obama. If the past two weeks are a reflection of what the next two months will be like, then Romney may pull it off.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 11:52:44 PM »

As of now, I still think Obama has the edge. The past two weeks really haven't been good for the president at all, though. Earlier in the summer, I would've definitely said that this election would easily go in favor of Obama. Now, I'd place Obama's chances of winning just below 60%. So, as of now, I'll say Obama. If the past two weeks are a reflection of what the next two months will be like, then Romney may pull it off.
Joe Biden gaffes don't help Obama either, that will backfire in the future.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2012, 12:02:57 AM »

It's true, August has not been kind to the president so far, and the rest of the month don't look so swift, either with the RNC.  He might have a good first week of September, but if the August jobs report is in any way underwhelming or misses forecast, then he could be in serious trouble going into the homestretch with his next, and maybe last, good chance to redeem himself on October 3 at the first debate.  People may say Romney is running a bad campaign, and I'll admit he hasn't run the best campaign, but I am seeing the structure of the Obama campaign beginning to weaken, sag, and crumble.

I'm saying this as someone who is still truly on the fence on how I will vote.  Right now, my gut is leaning me to Obama, but just barely.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2012, 01:45:23 AM »

It's true, August has not been kind to the president so far,

The first half of August saw a jobs report that widely beat projections, a non-partisan report that said Romney's tax plan cuts taxes for the richest and raises them on the middle class, then a slew of national polls that showed Obama ahead in high single digits, then saw Romney pick the running mate Obama probably would have chosen for Romney himself if he could, who gave Romney as small a bump as a running mate has given a nominee in many years and who Republican strategists are panicking over, probably with good reason.  A very good first half of August.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies