MSNBC's Toure says Romney Is Engaging In The "nization" Of Barack Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:22:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MSNBC's Toure says Romney Is Engaging In The "nization" Of Barack Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: MSNBC's Toure says Romney Is Engaging In The "nization" Of Barack Obama  (Read 6543 times)
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2012, 06:53:46 PM »

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-toure-to-panel-romney-engaging-in-the-nization-of-obama/

Listening to this man speak gives me migraine headaches.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »

Me too.

Hopefully they hook him for that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »

After what they did to good 'ole Pat, they better fire this annoying hipsters ass.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 07:04:14 PM »

Yawn. Not particularly surprising that this stuff is starting to pop up. If Obama actually starts losing this campaign you'll see a flood of race-hustlers in the media trying to connect every Romney utterance to "dog whistle" tactics.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 07:16:09 PM »

Cue fake outrage in 3, 2...
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 07:17:44 PM »

If MSNBC were sane, they'd stick their boot right up his ass.

Oh, wait.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »

He should be removed from the air immediately.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 01:52:54 AM »

Not sure how he can get away from that.  The guy needs to be canned or something.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 02:33:28 AM »

This is a ndly thread.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 03:31:29 AM »

Racial code language has been used by the GOP since Reagan...not sure whether this qualifies though. The whole "chicago politics" meme the Republicans have been pushing on Obama for a long while now does qualify though. This is just an extension of that, but it was said in context to what Biden said so I dunno. This guy definitely should not be punished though. That would be wrong.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 05:57:30 AM »

Why should he be fired for telling the obvious truth?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58:28 AM »

Oh wait, I just looked it up - he is a black!  What on earth are you people complaining about - the man is black, and thus owns the word.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 06:39:15 AM »

Nothing groundbreaking -of course the Republican Party is trying to cast Barack Obama as the angry n.  They have been using black men as bogeymen since they adopted the Southern Strategy, and for a party that is overwhelmingly white, and whose most loyal constituency are southern whites, I don't see how you can possibly deny that.  If it works, they'll use it no matter how foul or low-handed it may be.  They are not exactly squeamish about it.  
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 08:37:12 AM »

Nothing groundbreaking -of course the Republican Party is trying to cast Barack Obama as the angry n.  They have been using black men as bogeymen since they adopted the Southern Strategy, and for a party that is overwhelmingly white, and whose most loyal constituency are southern whites, I don't see how you can possibly deny that.  If it works, they'll use it no matter how foul or low-handed it may be.  They are not exactly squeamish about it.  

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 09:22:17 AM »

I can see his point, but he really should have phrased it better.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 09:45:28 AM »

Why should he be fired for telling the obvious truth?

Oh telling the truth is fine, but use of certain words are strictly verboten in the Bad Place, opebo.
Foucaulf
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »

Oh wait, I just looked it up - he is a black!  What on earth are you people complaining about - the man is black, and thus owns the word.

Opebo, surprisingly, is the only one who gets it. The word has been used in academic circles; certainly "blackization" doesn't sound very good at all, nor conveys the point.

The reactions (especially across the right-wing blogs) affirm Toure's thesis. He was looking for evidence to back his claim up and now he's got it!
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »

There is a multiplicity of things wrong with this paragraph.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 10:24:17 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2012, 10:34:03 AM by shua, gm »

Racial code language has been used by the GOP since Reagan...not sure whether this qualifies though. The whole "chicago politics" meme the Republicans have been pushing on Obama for a long while now does qualify though. This is just an extension of that, but it was said in context to what Biden said so I dunno. This guy definitely should not be punished though. That would be wrong.

Chicago politics is racial code language? Against who? Irish, Poles and Italians ?

I mean, good god man, did nobody talk about the corrupt Chicago political machine before Obama showed up?  Or was it all because someone thought Richard Daley was a secret muslim?
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »

MSNBC are a joke. Seriously, where do they get these ridiculous talking points?

Anyway, since MSNBC is a 'liberal' network it's okay for them to pull the race card at every opportunity. If FOX did an equivalent, then I can bet bottom dollar that Democrats would be outraged and decrying 'Faux News' at every opportunity.

Nothing groundbreaking -of course the Republican Party is trying to cast Barack Obama as the angry n.  They have been using black men as bogeymen since they adopted the Southern Strategy, and for a party that is overwhelmingly white, and whose most loyal constituency are southern whites, I don't see how you can possibly deny that.  If it works, they'll use it no matter how foul or low-handed it may be.  They are not exactly squeamish about it. 

-facepalm-
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2012, 11:20:08 AM by Senator Sbane »

Chicago politics is racial code language? Against who? Irish, Poles and Italians ?

I mean, good god man, did nobody talk about the corrupt Chicago political machine before Obama showed up?  Or was it all because someone thought Richard Daley was a secret muslim?

Did I ever say the code words were effective against Obama? These days the Republicans can't even use good old fashioned, perfectly innocent surely, descriptors such as welfare queen so they have to really stretch with "Chicago politics" and "angry". Political correctness has gone too far!
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »

MSNBC makes me ashamed to be left-wing. Seriously, it's the liberal Fox News.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »

A shame that a similar sounding but etymologically unrelated word gets tarred with the n brush.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 01:03:53 PM »

You'd have to be an American Racist* not to recognize that sentence for what it is. Where exactly outside their fevered imaginations has Obama governed "angry"? Oh what the hell, it just means uppity.

*in the widest sense of the word. Frankly I'd include most of you guys (White American Atlas Posters) under the heading. Tongue
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »

I think being called a racist has become such a negative thing in America that people react as we see above if they get even an inkling they might be accused as such. When people say that Romney, or any other Republican, uses coded racial language, Republicans who aren't racist react very aggressively towards it because they feel the accusation is that every Republican is a racist.

The fact is that a large (note I did not use the word that starts with a M) part of the Republican electorate is racist. In a base turnout election like this, Romney needs those people to turn out. And in the context of Ohio, in many cases these are the same people who would be affected most by the Bain attacks. Obama wants them to stay home but Romney needs them to go to the polls. These people are the targets of such language (if it actually was coded language which I honestly am not sure about), not the Republicans on this forum just as an example.

I wonder though, the people who are complaining above, do you think there aren't a lot of racists who vote for the Republicans or do you just dispute this case in particular? Do you not think code language has been used repeatedly in American politics?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies