It's just before midnight on November 6th...Part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:57:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  It's just before midnight on November 6th...Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: It's just before midnight on November 6th...Part 2  (Read 1244 times)
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »

Happy that there will be a primary for both parties in 2016. I'll be watching the marijuana results.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 01:24:16 PM »

My top choices for VP were Condoleezza Rice and Susana Martinez. My favourite Survivor is Cirie. One of my best friends is black.

Accusing someone of being a racist based on no evidence whatsover is one of the most despicable things I can imagine. I dislike Obama because he was not prepared to be president and offered very little substantive debate to the presidential race in 2008. He ran a two-faced campaign and continues to do so. Personally, I just don't like his attitude. I don't like his speeches. I don't like the way he sticks his nose up in the air like he's God's greatest creation. Sorry, but I have very little admiration for Obama, the person. Same goes for the very white Tim Pawlenty and Mayor Rob Ford. It's a matter of personal taste.

You said: "It's just Obama that I really hate." There are other politicians who fit the criteria you lay out above, including - among others - people like Paul Ryan, who think they have the best ideas out there and that everyone else is a troll. I'm sorry to break it to you, but most politicians are like this and it's very disingenuous that you should suggest that Obama is the only one who matches the aforementioned criteria. This visceral hatred of the President is disrespectful and inappropriate and unjustified. You shouldn't be surprised people are accusing the opposition of racism. You have brought this upon yourself.

It must have gone over your head when I said it was a matter of personal taste. But that's okay: I have a strong personal taste involving you as well. Smiley
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »

Cuomo 2016!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 08:53:10 PM »

Does anybody really think 2012 is going to top the results of 2008? REALLY? SERIOUSLY?

Three rhetorical questions:

- How many people are more excited to vote for Obama in 2012 than they were in 2008?
- How many people are more excited to vote against Obama in 2012 than was the case in 2008?
- How many people voted for Obama in 2008 and are not voting for him, maybe not anybody, this time?

The "hope and change" of 2008 has transformed into "fear and division" in 2012. Is the latter really going to work better?

You didn't answer the question.

I answered the fantastical question with a realistic question.

I concede that Obama may win, but he will come nowhere near his 2008 results. If he wins, he is basically the presidential version of Gray Davis. He will accomplish nothing and a majority of the nation will still disapprove of his job performance. The nation will merely kick the can down the road, forcing us to make even more painful choices down the road. Sounds like a raw deal to me. Why anybody would support such an outcome is beyond me. Some folks do it because their social views are more in line with the president's. Fine, but that is not going to fix America.

He doesn't quite need 2008 results with which to win. He needs 270 electoral votes. To be an effective President he needs a cooperative Congress, and at this point he would surely rather have an election reminiscent of 1948 in which his Party wins big  even if he seems to get barely re-elected than one like that of 1996 in he wins re-election by a large margin yet his Party fares badly in Congress. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 11:30:54 PM »

Meh.  It's just one election.  The GOP will be back in the saddle in '16.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »

Chris Christie 2016!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »

Does anybody really think 2012 is going to top the results of 2008? REALLY? SERIOUSLY?

Three rhetorical questions:

- How many people are more excited to vote for Obama in 2012 than they were in 2008?
- How many people are more excited to vote against Obama in 2012 than was the case in 2008?
- How many people voted for Obama in 2008 and are not voting for him, maybe not anybody, this time?

The "hope and change" of 2008 has transformed into "fear and division" in 2012. Is the latter really going to work better?

You didn't answer the question.

I answered the fantastical question with a realistic question.

I concede that Obama may win, but he will come nowhere near his 2008 results. If he wins, he is basically the presidential version of Gray Davis. He will accomplish nothing and a majority of the nation will still disapprove of his job performance. The nation will merely kick the can down the road, forcing us to make even more painful choices down the road. Sounds like a raw deal to me. Why anybody would support such an outcome is beyond me. Some folks do it because their social views are more in line with the president's. Fine, but that is not going to fix America.

He doesn't quite need 2008 results with which to win. He needs 270 electoral votes. To be an effective President he needs a cooperative [to cooperate with] Congress [like Clinton did], and at this point he would surely rather have an election reminiscent of 1948 in which his Party wins big  even if he seems to get barely re-elected than one like that of 1996 in he wins re-election by a large margin yet his Party fares badly in Congress. 

Fixed.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 06:22:25 PM »

God no.
Pages: 1 [2]