Mormon Proxy Baptism Possibly Performed On Paul Ryan Relatives. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:41:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Mormon Proxy Baptism Possibly Performed On Paul Ryan Relatives. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mormon Proxy Baptism Possibly Performed On Paul Ryan Relatives.  (Read 9254 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 19, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »

This is actually one of the rare issues where I'm completely on the Mormons' side, I don't find anything about this even remotely offensive including for Holocaust victims and wouldn't care in the slightest if they did it for me or any of my relatives. Quite frankly I find the objection so ridiculous I'd prefer they keep doing it for everyone including Holocaust victims because I find the objections as baseless as the practice. Furthermore they are fully aware of the oversensitive whiners and thus keep it secret, the relatives of the deceased are not even supposed to know it's being done, but then some wannabe Bradley Manning leaks info and acts like it's some type of moral outrage when in fact it'd be a total non-issue if the leak had never happened. Just shut up and let the Mormons do whatever weird things they wish to do in private.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »

I think the Mormon Church should baptize ancestors of Barack and Michelle Obama and Joe and Jill Biden.

Can they do that?  When those people were alive they couldn't have been Mormen because of their race.  Is the admission of blacks retro-active?  (I suppose some of Barack's ancestors were white).

Of course it is retroactive. The LDS just misinterpreted God's design for about 130 years until God gave the senior elder the word. Everybody makes mistakes you know. To err is human, to forgive divine.

and I think blacks could in theory if not necessarily always in practice have been Mormons, just not advance into the clergy.

Which makes them no different from female Mormons today, or women in some other churches like the Catholic church, which gets criticized far less frequently and shows a giant double standard.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies