Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 07:04:34 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Political Debate (Moderator: Beet)
| | |-+  Abortion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: What's your stance on abortion?
Abortion should be legal and federally funded   -44 (41.9%)
Abortion should be legal, but not federally funded   -29 (27.6%)
Abortion should not be legal and should not be federally funded   -29 (27.6%)
Other (please specify)   -3 (2.9%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 3892 times)
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2012, 02:33:56 pm »
Ignore

Go.

I tend to agree the most with option 2.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
Senator JCL and the geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 02:37:43 pm »
Ignore

Option 3

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 02:42:21 pm »
Ignore

Option 2, though I support option 1 for people who are already receiving federal health care (people on Medicaid).

Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 02:44:09 pm »
Ignore

Abortion should not be legal, but should be federally funded.

Lean option 2.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:02:07 pm by Senator Scott »Logged
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 02:59:56 pm »
Ignore

Legal and federally funded.  Excising a fetus is expensive, yall.

Free Bradley Manning
Goldwater
Republitarian
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 03:28:07 pm »
Ignore

Option 2.

#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 04:00:37 pm »
Ignore

Expensive it may be, but why would others want to pay for it?

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 04:44:46 pm »
Ignore

Abortion should certainly be legal. As to federal funding, if a universal healthcare system exists, then it's only fair to include abortion, but it would be best if such a system didn't exist.

I apologize for being so adamantly right.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 04:49:26 pm »
Ignore

Abortions are medical procedures that are, at times medically recommended and potentially life saving for the mother. There is no rationale I can agree with that makes abortion legal, but also not federally supported.

GM Napoleon
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 04:49:36 pm »
Ignore

Option one, but I could support option two if necessary.

Abortions are medical procedures that are, at times medically recommended and potentially life saving for the mother. There is no rationale I can agree with that makes abortion legal, but also not federally supported.

I guess the rationale is having to navigate a political system filled with fundies, moderate heroes and corporate cronies.

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »
Ignore

Option 1 with reservations (restrictions on 2nd trimester abortions and a near-total ban on 3rd trimester abortions)

Comrade Lenin cleanses the Earth of filth
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 06:38:59 pm »
Ignore

Option 1.  The first two are free, the third one you pay for with your ovaries.

Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 06:51:38 pm »
Ignore

Expensive it may be, but why would others want to pay for it?

Because overall, making abortions available to all regardless of their socioeconomic status would be beneficial.

Though of course, I don't support the federal government at all.  But as long as we're going to have this bourgeois society, we might as well fund stuff like that.

Free Bradley Manning
MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 07:37:35 pm »
Ignore

Option 1 with reservations (restrictions on 2nd trimester abortions and a near-total ban on 3rd trimester abortions)

the result is a sense that we were told to attend a lavish dinner party that was going to be wonderful and by the time we got there, all the lobster and steak had been eaten, a fight had broken out, the police had been called and all that was left was warm beer and chips.
[/quot
TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 07:49:30 pm »
Ignore

Abortions for all!

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 01:44:43 pm »
Ignore

how about a tax deduction for abortions?

there's no ghosts in the graveyard, that's not where they live
they live in between a, 'what is' and 'what if?'
fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 03:14:30 pm »
Ignore

Flush 'em. And encourage dumb young women to do so. But that'll never happen because the government can't make more money for its members without population growth, so babies will continue to be softly encouraged.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
YaBB God
Czech Republic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 04:17:38 pm »
Ignore

Ban it.

I must admit that the number of people supporting option 1 is disturbing. I have accepted that most people here favor the 'right' to abort, but state funding is another story.

Clearly the solution is to privatize presidential elections.

So, in less than four years, get excited for the 2016 MetLife Financial U Pick The Prez Extravaganza. If you tweet a picture of your completed ballot with the hashtag #ivoted, you could win a trip for two to the inauguration or an iTunes gift card.
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 04:24:36 pm »
Ignore

Option 1 and 1/2th.

Abortions should be legal but only have federal funding for extenuating circumstances.  Kind of like unemployment comp or something like that.

I'm not sure I would be in favor of MORE abortions, but I can say that having a state ban on abortions sets a pretty dangerous precedent.  Primarily, I'm concerned that such bans could have ramifications that give the state a blank check to control a person's body.

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
morays or demon
Ghost_white
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 04:51:05 pm »
Ignore

closer to 3 but obviously simply banning abortion won't necessarily stop it, having access to forms of birth control and certain social services would help reduce the rate more regardless of legality (sane).

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

P P P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:14 pm »
Ignore

Flush 'em. And encourage dumb young women to do so. But that'll never happen because the government can't make more money for its members without population growth, so babies will continue to be softly encouraged.

Who decides which young women are dumb?  Or are you assuming that about all of them?

MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 09:12:50 am »
Ignore

Option 1 and 1/2th.

Abortions should be legal but only have federal funding for extenuating circumstances.  Kind of like unemployment comp or something like that.

I'm not sure I would be in favor of MORE abortions, but I can say that having a state ban on abortions sets a pretty dangerous precedent.  Primarily, I'm concerned that such bans could have ramifications that give the state a blank check to control a person's body.

...perhaps if a state can mandate a person keeping a fetus to term, it can mandate abortion as well.

the result is a sense that we were told to attend a lavish dinner party that was going to be wonderful and by the time we got there, all the lobster and steak had been eaten, a fight had broken out, the police had been called and all that was left was warm beer and chips.
[/quot
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 10:07:39 am »
Ignore

Option 1 and 1/2th.

Abortions should be legal but only have federal funding for extenuating circumstances.  Kind of like unemployment comp or something like that.

I'm not sure I would be in favor of MORE abortions, but I can say that having a state ban on abortions sets a pretty dangerous precedent.  Primarily, I'm concerned that such bans could have ramifications that give the state a blank check to control a person's body.

...perhaps if a state can mandate a person keeping a fetus to term, it can mandate abortion as well.

Yes, very much so.

The state could get a blank check to regulate the population of certain groups if given such power.

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 10:17:29 am »
Ignore

Option 1 and 1/2th.

Abortions should be legal but only have federal funding for extenuating circumstances.  Kind of like unemployment comp or something like that.

I'm not sure I would be in favor of MORE abortions, but I can say that having a state ban on abortions sets a pretty dangerous precedent.  Primarily, I'm concerned that such bans could have ramifications that give the state a blank check to control a person's body.

Yes, very much so.

The state could get a blank check to regulate the population of certain groups if given such power.

Perhaps population control conspiracies aren't as far from the truth as they might seem and perhaps are propagated by those who are likely allied with the conspirators themselves.

[/quot
Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 10:42:24 am »
Ignore

Abortion should be legal except for in the third trimester unless the mother's health is in serious jeopardy. My attitude on federal funding would vary based on the type of health care system in place, but in principle I am not at all opposed to option one in this poll.

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout