Abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:38:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's your stance on abortion?
Abortion should be legal and federally funded

Abortion should be legal, but not federally funded

Abortion should not be legal and should not be federally funded

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 106

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 9710 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 19, 2012, 03:14:30 PM »

Flush 'em. And encourage dumb young women to do so. But that'll never happen because the government can't make more money for its members without population growth, so babies will continue to be softly encouraged.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »

Flush 'em. And encourage dumb young women to do so. But that'll never happen because the government can't make more money for its members without population growth, so babies will continue to be softly encouraged.
Who decides which young women are dumb?  Or are you assuming that about all of them?

A vast majority, yes. Most young people are stupid, especially when it comes to a perspective on responsibility. Having a child as a teenager or even a little older strikes me as reeking of poor decision-making for a number of reasons.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 05:50:24 PM »

I love how it's pro-lifers who are considered "condescending."

What was condescending? And who called pro-lifers condescending?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:11:45 PM »

First off, for many many people, it's beyond a scientific belief. Secondly, technically, that is life as it is cells. The real argument would be of whether those cells constitute human life or not.

That's why abortion should be legal. There's no definitive truth to when life begins, it's totally up to interpretation. One person can't legislate their subjective beliefs over another when not everyone believes in the truth they campaign for.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »

Not the point. You and fezzy support people getting abortions because you consider most young women to be idiots, and those who give birth to be irresponsible.  My opposition to abortion is not based in any way on disparaging beliefs about anyone, but on my belief in protecting young human lives.  It is not a matter of hating or not respecting women, as is so often baselessly claimed.

Those are two very separate things. I oppose excessive abortion restrictions mostly because I think legislating subjective morality is absurd and overreaching, and I don't think anyone benefits from outlawing abortion. All I'm saying beyond that is I think very young girls having kids because no one taught them about sex and then refused to allow them to get rid of it is shameful and irresponsible. I don't blame them for getting pregnant or keeping the baby, they just don't know any better and shouldn't be expected to have to make such a difficult decision based on what someone else has already decided for them (i.e. the government or their ignorant parents). I blame their parents for refusing to have them educated about their bodies and exposing their children to the nonsensical demands of American Christian society. The disrespect for women is in the lack of trust society places in them by telling them they don't know what's right for their own health or what's right morally. All women should be encouraged to seek professional help at their doctor or Planned Parenthood, but that's been demonized by an overzealous, politicized religion complex. My beliefs beyond that point are just my hopes for their futures; Baby-less and educated. No one can force that though, and I don't expect anyone to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies