Abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:54:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's your stance on abortion?
Abortion should be legal and federally funded

Abortion should be legal, but not federally funded

Abortion should not be legal and should not be federally funded

Other (please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 106

Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 9729 times)
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« on: August 18, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »

Legal and federally funded.  Excising a fetus is expensive, yall.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »

Legal and federally funded.  Excising a fetus is expensive, yall.

Expensive it may be, but why would others want to pay for it?

Because overall, making abortions available to all regardless of their socioeconomic status would be beneficial.

Though of course, I don't support the federal government at all.  But as long as we're going to have this bourgeois society, we might as well fund stuff like that.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 01:29:09 PM »

Flush 'em. And encourage dumb young women to do so. But that'll never happen because the government can't make more money for its members without population growth, so babies will continue to be softly encouraged.
Who decides which young women are dumb?  Or are you assuming that about all of them?

A vast majority, yes. Most young people are stupid, especially when it comes to a perspective on responsibility. Having a child as a teenager or even a little older strikes me as reeking of poor decision-making for a number of reasons.

It's probably horrible of me, I know, but I have a tendency to groan every time a teenage girl's first thought when she finds out she's preggers is not "well, off to Planned Parenthood."  I experienced this somewhat first-hand with my idiot cousin who I really don't care about at all.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »

Abortions should be completely legal with no questions asked up until the third trimester or so, and covered by a national single-payer healthcare (or something equivalent) system.

Jeebus, a year ago I wouldn't have thought I'd ever be to the left of you on an issue.  Tongue
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:40:50 PM »

Flush 'em. And encourage dumb young women to do so. But that'll never happen because the government can't make more money for its members without population growth, so babies will continue to be softly encouraged.
Who decides which young women are dumb?  Or are you assuming that about all of them?

A vast majority, yes. Most young people are stupid, especially when it comes to a perspective on responsibility. Having a child as a teenager or even a little older strikes me as reeking of poor decision-making for a number of reasons.

It's probably horrible of me, I know, but I have a tendency to groan every time a teenage girl's first thought when she finds out she's preggers is not "well, off to Planned Parenthood."  I experienced this somewhat first-hand with my idiot cousin who I really don't care about at all.

I love how it's pro-lifers who are considered "condescending."

Well, I never said I'd legally mandate that all teens who get pregnant abort.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 02:05:15 AM »

I love how it's pro-lifers who are considered "condescending."

Well, I never said I'd legally mandate that all teens who get pregnant abort.

Not the point. You and fezzy support people getting abortions because you consider most young women to be idiots, and those who give birth to be irresponsible.  My opposition to abortion is not based in any way on disparaging beliefs about anyone, but on my belief in protecting young human lives.  It is not a matter of hating or not respecting women, as is so often baselessly claimed.

Oh, it's not because I think most young women are idiots.  I just think that it's idiotic to ruin your life at like 14 or 16 or even 21 because you believe that the thing growing in your uterus that looks like a lizard is a person.

Despite what the wishy-washy pro-choicers might say, there are women who don't care about fetuses, who don't have to chug a fifth of whiskey and be dramatic over the decision to abort.  I know that if I were a woman, and I got preggers, I wouldn't think twice -- off to Planned Parenthood, for me.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 02:33:54 AM »

\At the same time, considering the type of person who would get an abortion would also likely raise children with similar attitudes and character as them if they had not gotten that abortion, hey, legalized abortion is pretty damn useful.

Pro-choice people often stay pro-choice even after they pop out larvae, you know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies