At Large Senate Candidate Q&A (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:10:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  At Large Senate Candidate Q&A (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: At Large Senate Candidate Q&A  (Read 2376 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: August 18, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »

Following the model that worked in the Mideast and Northeast regions, I am opening this Q&A session for the candidates.

Here is the first set:

1. Why are you running for the Senate? What can you do to improve the quality of Senate debates?

2. What is your ideology and how does it impact your decision-making? What will your top policy priorities be during your term, if elected?

3. What is your opinion of the current Senate session's work (legislation, activity, and debates)?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »

Here are some more questions:

1. What are your areas of expertise? Do you have knowledge on particular issues that would be unique within the Senate?

2. Would you aspire to serve on any of the established Committees? Do you think there are additional Committees worth creating? Do you feel committees have or can enhance the work of the Senate?

3. What measures would you support to stimulate the economy?

If I may, I'd like to ask each candidate where they stand on crime and what they think should be done to prevent future shootings like the ones we've been seeing in Colorado, Wisconsin, and Texas.  Do you support any new gun control legislation or right-to-carry laws?  Should we put more police on the streets and impose harsher penalties for crimes?  Should law enforcement focus more on punishment or rehabilitation for criminals?  How can we assist local communities in combating crime while respecting civil liberties?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2012, 10:00:25 PM by President Napoleon »

Seatown, can you expand on what infrastructure improvements would get us to meet 21st century standards?

Sjoyce, could you offer any specific countries that you would like to see free trade agreements negotiated with?

Snowstalker, how do you plan to fund your "much larger stimulus" and do you have any specific proposals?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:49:09 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2012, 12:14:16 AM by President Napoleon »

The election has started so I willno longer be asking questions, though what other people choose to do is up to them. Smiley

Atlasia has already created an expanisve high speed rail network.

Liberal Senate candidate Franzl initially got it started, and I, as a Senator, greatly expanded upon it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies