SENATE BILL: Worker Co-operative Pilot Program (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:23:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Worker Co-operative Pilot Program (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Worker Co-operative Pilot Program (Law'd)  (Read 2100 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: August 18, 2012, 11:13:04 PM »

Is it customary to capitalize the first letter after a hyphen in cases like these?

The Wiki happens to use both. Hahaha.

I'm gonna need some serious convincing on this legislation, especially the billion dollar price tag.
I am quite the penny pincher myself, but we already offer loans to companies for various reasons so I don't see why examining a particular business model that could be more favorable to workers should be cast aside. $1 billion is not all that much in the grand scheme of things.

That said, I think we should limit this program to three years and require businesses accepting these loans to share their information with the DoIA so we can properly evaluate their economic potential. The ESOPs in the law I linked to are given tax breaks but that doesn't necessarily correlate to an increase in that business model. Perhaps we may need Gm Shua to provide some information about the prevalence of ESOPs compared to more "traditional" business models.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies