Who would be the best choice to replace Biden and why? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:01:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who would be the best choice to replace Biden and why? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would be the best choice to replace Biden and why?  (Read 1885 times)
milhouse24
« on: August 18, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »

Joe Biden is not the asset he once was to the Obama campaign.  He's starting to talk about a lot of crazy stuff again.  There's a lot of desperation going on from Obama and Biden in their attacks on Romney and Ryan.  They recognize that Obama is vulnerable to losing. 

If Biden is replaced, who would be the best choice to replace him, and why? 

Some people have said Hillary would be ideal.

Even though I think Hillary would turn it down, I think Mark Warner or Evan Bayh would jump at the chance.  Both would be an asset in the swing states of Virginia and neighboring Ohio for Bayh.  Most people are familiar with Bayh, as he was the 2nd choice to Biden in 2008. 

It wouldn't be far-fetched to replace Biden, especially if they claim medical reasons. 
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »

Now you've resorted to SPAMMING other people's threads with your nonsense.  
Are you trying to get yourself banned from the forum?  
Get some maturity and grow up.  If you don't like the current event topics, you don't have to ruin the threads for people who want honest discussions.  

If you want nepotism, then Beau Biden would be the obvious choice since he was supposed to take over his father's Senate seat.  Democrats love Nepotism, lol.  
milhouse24
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »

I like the Leon Pannetta suggestion.  Plus he could deliver a lot of Italian-Catholics, unlike Andrew Cuomo's more aggressive style. 

I say its at least a 75% chance they are considering replacing Biden. 
Its more common than not that VP's are replaced.  Perhaps not within the past 50 years, but Ford replaced his VP with Dole at the convention. 
FDR went through a lot of VP's. 
There are a variety of reasons for wanting to replace a VP, but I think "Old Age" is simply the best reason that no voter will argue with. 
Its not a question of competence, but most voters simply want the best energetic tickets capable of getting things done. 

If Obama can find someone who is competent, capable, and can secure a swing state, then he should replace Biden.  He may actually get a bump in the polls, if people prefer his new VP. 
milhouse24
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:09:22 PM »

At least with EAgleton, doctors proved he was mentally crazy. 
As far as I know, no doctors have concluded Biden is mentally unstable or going through dementia. 

If Biden fell off a stage and broke his leg, like Bob Dole in 1996, then that would open up some consideration from party leaders to replace him. 

Even with Dick Cheney's massive heart problems, I'm sure Karl Rove had replacement candidates ready and vetted for immediate announcement, were Cheney to become incapacitated.  I'm sure Axelrod has a list ready and vetted in case something happens to Biden.  Its the most logical and rational and responsible thing to do given the stakes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies