Foster McCollum White Baydoun in Florida: Romney 54%, Obama 40%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:43:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Foster McCollum White Baydoun in Florida: Romney 54%, Obama 40%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Foster McCollum White Baydoun in Florida: Romney 54%, Obama 40%  (Read 3858 times)
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »
« edited: August 21, 2012, 07:12:40 AM by Tender Branson »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103331632/FMWB-Fulmer-Associates-Aggregate-Polling-Study-Report-for-Florida-General-Election?secret_password=1zk6r9l2b6szas5ioh5
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, uhh, yeah. Never heard of the firm, and I certainly don't believe Romney is leading by 14 in Florida. In fact, all of these numbers seem far too good (or far too bad, for some) to be true.

Nelson: 43%
Mack: 51%

58% are at least somewhat more likely to vote for Romney as a result of the Ryan pick. Just 36% are at least somewhat less likely.

54% support "the Ryan plan", in essence, while 44% do not (pg. 5).

Party ID is R+2, btw. And if you look further into the crosstabs, you see the age break-down is WAY out of whack, and VERY heavily skewed to the elderly. On the bright side, could mean that Ryan isn't hurting w/ seniors in Florida.

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »

what is with all these no-name polling outfits. There has been very little big polling outfit post Ryan polling. Maybe  a lot will come out right before the RNC to set the pre bounce baseline
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:11:35 PM »

Uh, no.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 06:11:56 PM »

I agree there's been shockingly little big-name post-Ryan pick polling. Where's Quinnipiac? ABC/WashPo? All the networks for that matter. CNN? Get on it pollsters.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2012, 06:21:34 PM by pepper11 »

I agree there's been shockingly little big-name post-Ryan pick polling. Where's Quinnipiac? ABC/WashPo? All the networks for that matter. CNN? Get on it pollsters.

There has been hardly any polling the last 10 days. Only legitimate polling there has been shows a tied race in all swing states.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »

Not just decimals but hundreths!!! Just screams credibility.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 07:51:58 PM »

Seems legit.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »

More legit than zogby
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »

Touché, haha.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »

Unknown company, probably junk.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 08:32:24 PM »

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 08:36:39 PM »

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »

Junk; though, at times, Rasmussen has posted similar numbers for the Senate race.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 08:44:57 PM »

Definitely seems realistic.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »

Nate Silver calls this poll out for it's insane age break-down. But he does choose to include it in his forecast model. Read the bottom two or three paragraphs for his explanation why.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/20/aug-20-when-the-polling-gets-weird/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »

It appears that the Pub version of the Jubilee is near. All you need to believe is that the Book of Revelations is inerrant.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »

About this time 4 years ago, SurveyUSA released this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008/pollsa.php?action=indpoll&id=3720080908019

We know who actually won the state ... Wink
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 12:21:23 AM »

Nate Silver calls this poll out for it's insane age break-down. But he does choose to include it in his forecast model. Read the bottom two or three paragraphs for his explanation why.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/20/aug-20-when-the-polling-gets-weird/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well, even with this poll as the most recent poll, Romney is only up 2 points.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 12:25:09 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

WTF ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 12:28:25 AM »

In the exit poll from 2008, about 22% of FL voters were 65 or older.

This poll has 64% older than 65.

It looks like they polled a retirement community.

I repeat:

WTF ?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 12:28:38 AM »

LOL, this is a troll poll.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 07:18:56 AM »

Unlocked it, because the OP wrote a wall of complaint regarding this crap poll.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 08:59:45 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2012, 09:02:24 AM by Politico »

These are the numbers we are converging towards, but I doubt we are there right now.

Brave yourselves, Obama youth: Huge backlash against Obama for those 30 and older is in the making with youthful apathy back on the rise as a result of the dismal economy.

Romney is a mediocre politician who happens to be in the right place at the right time. Picking the most marketable running mate in history is the icing on the cake, so to speak.

I will be gone for a while, but I'll be back. Don't tell me that I didn't warn you.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:10 AM »

These are the numbers we are converging towards, but I doubt we are there right now.

Brave yourselves, Obama youth: Huge backlash against Obama for those 30 and older is in the making with youthful apathy back on the rise as a result of the dismal economy.

You assume something that has no cause to happen. Sure, I have shown models of Obama landslides, but those all come with a little but important word -- if I could also create a model of a Presidential election that has Florida going 14% for Romney... basically, Reagan won Florida by 17% in 1980, and I figure that because Florida is about 3% more R than the US as a whole that would imply a 56-44 win for Romney.

But just as I would use the word if followed by qualifications that might seem absurdities for President Obama winning 450 or so electoral votes I would have to do much the same with a 56-44 scenario for Romney.

The GOP has nothing to offer but 'secret methods' to put the economy back on track. Maybe they are secret because they would offend too many sensibilities. We know that they include tax cuts for the super-rich to be paid for in higher taxes and reduced services for others. They include expanded expenditure on military weaponry. So what could be the secret stuff?

Further destruction of workers' rights. Sweetheart deals with crony capitalists to sell off the assets of the public sector while defaulting on services.

"Dismal economy"? I can imagine far worse. A return to the practices of the 1920s or earlier implies mandatory, unpaid overtime whose benefit goes entirely to elites while wearing down those who do the work.  Impose that along with means to ensure that there could never be any meaningful political opposition in the vote (like putting property qualifications on voting)... and the color "red" might suggest a vastly different sort of republic here.

A hint: you do not want to make Marxism-Leninism politically relevant in America. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »

Gee... even Politico thinks Romney is a mediocre politician. What if he is a mediocre president? Tongue

You assume something that has no cause to happen. Sure, I have shown models of Obama landslides, but those all come with a little but important word -- if I could also create a model of a Presidential election that has Florida going 14% for Romney... basically, Reagan won Florida by 17% in 1980, and I figure that because Florida is about 3% more R than the US as a whole that would imply a 56-44 win for Romney.

But just as I would use the word if followed by qualifications that might seem absurdities for President Obama winning 450 or so electoral votes I would have to do much the same with a 56-44 scenario for Romney.

The GOP has nothing to offer but 'secret methods' to put the economy back on track. Maybe they are secret because they would offend too many sensibilities. We know that they include tax cuts for the super-rich to be paid for in higher taxes and reduced services for others. They include expanded expenditure on military weaponry. So what could be the secret stuff?

Further destruction of workers' rights. Sweetheart deals with crony capitalists to sell off the assets of the public sector while defaulting on services.

"Dismal economy"? I can imagine far worse. A return to the practices of the 1920s or earlier implies mandatory, unpaid overtime whose benefit goes entirely to elites while wearing down those who do the work.  Impose that along with means to ensure that there could never be any meaningful political opposition in the vote (like putting property qualifications on voting)... and the color "red" might suggest a vastly different sort of republic here.

A hint: you do not want to make Marxism-Leninism politically relevant in America. 

....and with these sort of threats? I think you will be begging for someone as conservative as Obama 30 years from now.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies