Foster McCollum White Baydoun in Florida: Romney 54%, Obama 40% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:54:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Foster McCollum White Baydoun in Florida: Romney 54%, Obama 40% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Foster McCollum White Baydoun in Florida: Romney 54%, Obama 40%  (Read 3901 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 21, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »

Gee... even Politico thinks Romney is a mediocre politician. What if he is a mediocre president? Tongue

These are the numbers we are converging towards, but I doubt we are there right now.

Brave yourselves, Obama youth: Huge backlash against Obama for those 30 and older is in the making with youthful apathy back on the rise as a result of the dismal economy.

You assume something that has no cause to happen. Sure, I have shown models of Obama landslides, but those all come with a little but important word -- if I could also create a model of a Presidential election that has Florida going 14% for Romney... basically, Reagan won Florida by 17% in 1980, and I figure that because Florida is about 3% more R than the US as a whole that would imply a 56-44 win for Romney.

But just as I would use the word if followed by qualifications that might seem absurdities for President Obama winning 450 or so electoral votes I would have to do much the same with a 56-44 scenario for Romney.

The GOP has nothing to offer but 'secret methods' to put the economy back on track. Maybe they are secret because they would offend too many sensibilities. We know that they include tax cuts for the super-rich to be paid for in higher taxes and reduced services for others. They include expanded expenditure on military weaponry. So what could be the secret stuff?

Further destruction of workers' rights. Sweetheart deals with crony capitalists to sell off the assets of the public sector while defaulting on services.

"Dismal economy"? I can imagine far worse. A return to the practices of the 1920s or earlier implies mandatory, unpaid overtime whose benefit goes entirely to elites while wearing down those who do the work.  Impose that along with means to ensure that there could never be any meaningful political opposition in the vote (like putting property qualifications on voting)... and the color "red" might suggest a vastly different sort of republic here.

A hint: you do not want to make Marxism-Leninism politically relevant in America. 

....and with these sort of threats? I think you will be begging for someone as conservative as Obama 30 years from now.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »

The problem with your theory, pbrower, is that the GOP isn't extremist in the traditional sense, of being dictatorial and doing things people don't want. Half the country really, honestly supports the GOP and votes for them, which is why there cannot be a revolution against GOP policies. (A successful right-wing revolution in the US is probably more likely than a left-wing one, because generally speaking most rural areas (most of the physical territories) back the GOP and thus the Democrats could be easily defeated in a war in a series of sieges; not that a war will happen, but if alien space bats intervened and it did.) The map you posted below, in a good year for the GOP, is totally plausible. (If 2010 had been a presidential year, it might've been similar, though the Pacific Northwest should be D and Maine, maybe New Jersey R.)

...but is this a GOP year?

and you are probably right about any insurgency, but those seiges would be tough from rural areas...then again, biological weapons (rural people wouldn't have the infrastructure to deal with a large plague) would be the way to go as a Marxist and nuclear weapons would be the way to go as a White Randian Nationalist (Most Marxists would live in "one bomb territories").
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies