Do any gun control advocates here share this sentiment about gun restrictions... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:50:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do any gun control advocates here share this sentiment about gun restrictions... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do any gun control advocates here share this sentiment about gun restrictions...  (Read 703 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: August 25, 2012, 10:56:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

How much do you know about mental illness?  In any event, that word you inserted, "necessarily," kind of gives one cold comfort. Sure the dude can have a gun, because he may not necessarily kill me. Great!

Oh, my opinion. Sickies should not have guns. Period. Thanks.  

He knows more than you apparently. Being mentally ill is not the same thing as being psychotic. Statistics indicate that on average people with mental illnesses are no more violent than most people. Are you not aware that mental illness includes things like ADHD - are people with that condition "sickies" who shouldn't have guns?

By the way, a clinically sane person who you are apparently fine with allowing to have a gun might not necessarily kill you.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:47:59 AM »

Yes, I equate being mentally ill with being psychotic, and if not psychotic, I guess I would need to know exactly how you define mental illness.

I define it how the medical community does, like a sensible person.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mental-illness/DS01104

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

If I want to specify that a person is psychotic, I'd say they were psychotic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies