DNC speakers announced 8/27 UPDATE: Crist will speak
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:57:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  DNC speakers announced 8/27 UPDATE: Crist will speak
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: DNC speakers announced 8/27 UPDATE: Crist will speak  (Read 10924 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 02:22:26 PM »

No Al Gore or John Kerry?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »

Kerry's speaking. Not sure about Gore.
Link
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »

Eva Longoria?? When was the last time a party convention let a B-rate Hollywood actress address a nationally televised audience in prime time? And that's a serious question. Has this been done before, by either party?

Does "D" rated count?

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »

Mostly looks like a parade unimpressive mediocrities. Why am I not surprised?
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2012, 02:58:50 PM »

That's a clown line-up, bro.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2012, 03:49:59 PM »

Sadly, Vice-President Gore is hosting Current Tv's RNC and DNC Coverage. He says he will not be attending the convention this year, the first time since 1988. I'm sad, in 2008 he knocked his speech out of the park.
Did anyone say whether Warner was speaking. I'm pissed off Schwietzer wasn't invited, we need someone to represent us Moderate Dems.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2012, 05:00:35 PM »

Warner and Schweitzer could still both be speakers; not all have been announced.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »

Granholm!? Angry
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2012, 05:05:31 PM »

Yeah, the DNC speaker line-up...doesn't seem very good. Barbara Lee? The Planed Parenthood head? Some stupid Hollywood acctress? God damn Sandra Fluke?

Also, I actually kind of like Carter, but he's a terrible pick for a primetime DNC speaker.

Booker was a good, pretty obvious pick though.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »

Warner's keynote in '08 was totally unmemorable.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »

Schweitzer's or Hillary's did seem more like a Keynotes to me. Warner's not that great of an orator. Then gain, it would be kinda hard to replicate the magic of Obama's 2004 "There Is Not A Liberal America, and A Conservative America"  speech.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »

As I recall, Warner's speech was notable for how much he talked about how awesome he was for making all that money.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2012, 07:09:36 AM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/8/27/fla_gop_gov_charlie_.html

An official with President Barack Obama's campaign said Sunday that Crist will speak at next week's convention in Charlotte, N.C., but the day hasn't been worked out.

We found the mystery GOP speaker.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/8/27/fla_gop_gov_charlie_.html

An official with President Barack Obama's campaign said Sunday that Crist will speak at next week's convention in Charlotte, N.C., but the day hasn't been worked out.

By the end of the DNC, Crist will be as Republican as me.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2012, 09:28:12 AM »

They better give my boys Feingold, Dean, and Schweitzer slots.

Huh

Two of the three people you mentioned are washed-up has-beens? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »

Mods, if we could, let's go ahead and sticky this as well as we're just a week away.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »

Once again, I'd like to remind everyone that Crist is not a Republican. Smiley

I expect to hear a riveting speech from him on how he and Obama share the same political values. Oh wait, he has none...
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »

Once again, I'd like to remind everyone that Crist is not a Republican. Smiley

I expect to hear a riveting speech from him on how he and Obama share the same political values. Oh wait, he has none...

It won't be on him and Obama, it'd be on how he left his party (or the party left him), that today's Republicans are too extreme to govern, there's no room left for moderates, that kinda thing.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2012, 03:22:33 PM »

Huh

Dean is personally responsible for the Democratic landslides in 2006 and 2008 and heads a major progressive organization. Feingold...sure, but a ton of has-beens are speaking.

However, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they gave so many irrelevant women (sure women's health stuff is important, but they have like 10 speakers for the same damn purpose, and most prominent Democratic politicians that warrant a slot are still men) like Sandra Fluke and Eva Longoria, full speaking slots, while snubbing someone like Brian Schweitzer, who's a strong speaker with a solid record and can appeal to swing voters?

With the GOP's swing to the right and the nomination of a man who holds utter contempt for the average American, I hoped that Obama would take the opportunity to contrast him by bringing back the Democrats to what we're really about (or were until Bill the Cutter); the party that works to help the 99%. Given that most of the speaking slots are either by shiny moderates or are just highlighting a social issue which 49% of the country has absolutely no connection with, and that few (except maybe Strickland's and Warren's) are either by those on the base of the party or are focusing on the major issue of the campaign and taking a hardline pro-people stance on it, I'm rather disappointed in Obama and the DNC. I'll watch Obama, Biden, Castro, and Warren, and hopefully I'll feel better about the future of the Democrats.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2012, 04:06:16 PM »

Huh

Dean is personally responsible for the Democratic landslides in 2006 and 2008 and heads a major progressive organization. Feingold...sure, but a ton of has-beens are speaking.

However, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they gave so many irrelevant women (sure women's health stuff is important, but they have like 10 speakers for the same damn purpose, and most prominent Democratic politicians that warrant a slot are still men) like Sandra Fluke and Eva Longoria, full speaking slots, while snubbing someone like Brian Schweitzer, who's a strong speaker with a solid record and can appeal to swing voters?

With the GOP's swing to the right and the nomination of a man who holds utter contempt for the average American, I hoped that Obama would take the opportunity to contrast him by bringing back the Democrats to what we're really about (or were until Bill the Cutter); the party that works to help the 99%. Given that most of the speaking slots are either by shiny moderates or are just highlighting a social issue which 49% of the country has absolutely no connection with, and that few (except maybe Strickland's and Warren's) are either by those on the base of the party or are focusing on the major issue of the campaign and taking a hardline pro-people stance on it, I'm rather disappointed in Obama and the DNC. I'll watch Obama, Biden, Castro, and Warren, and hopefully I'll feel better about the future of the Democrats.

Dean wasn't responsible for 2006 and 2008.  The three people responsible for that were Rahm Emmanuel, Chuck Schumer, and George W. Bush.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2012, 05:10:38 PM »

Good for Crist. I know, as a ConservaDem, I've been trashing the DNC this year (see my signature), but I'm happy for Crist. I really do think he's just a good guy (and he gets an undue amount of flack on this forum Tongue).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »

I'd have much more respect for Crist if he'd come out of the closet. I mean, as a politician, I don't see how going from Republican to Independent to Democrat is any more embarrassing than just admitting the truth.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2012, 06:01:39 PM »

I'd have much more respect for Crist if he'd come out of the closet. I mean, as a politician, I don't see how going from Republican to Independent to Democrat is any more embarrassing than just admitting the truth.

Because in a hypothetical Democratic primary, a good part of his base (namely northern ConservaDems and African-Americans) aren't friends with that community, and besides, he's married. Or do you believe Jim Greer?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »

Because in a hypothetical Democratic primary, a good part of his base (namely northern ConservaDems and African-Americans) aren't friends with that community, and besides, he's married. Or do you believe Jim Greer?

Larry Craig was married too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies