The League of Democracy: A 2008 to WWIII Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:15:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The League of Democracy: A 2008 to WWIII Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The League of Democracy: A 2008 to WWIII Timeline  (Read 1505 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2012, 12:47:19 AM »
« edited: August 24, 2012, 01:26:30 AM by spamage »

“The general consensus is that November 4th, 2008 was the beginning of the series of events that started World War III. Although not guilty of the start of the war the election of John McCain would be one of it’s contributing factors. Along with his policy proposals and such.”- Excerpt from WWIII: A History

Senator John McCain (R-AZ)/ Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK) 49.16% 271
Electoral Votes

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)/ Senator Joseph Biden (D-DE) 50.01% 267 Electoral Votes
Others- 0.83%

“Tonight my friends we have done it! America will continue on it’s track of greatness. We will reclaim our leadership position in the world! Tonight we make history! God Bless America!”- Vice President-Elect Sarah Palin

“America has chosen a vision of a prosperous nation! My journey to here started over a year ago! Today however isn’t its end! It’s the beginning of a new chapter, a better chapter. One that will shape our nation for generations to come!”- President Elect John McCain

The months following the election continued to be dreary, however. The unemployment rate kept climbing and economic recovery seemed like a far off dream. The stock market still appeared shaky and companies began layoffs. The current President George W. Bush’s approval ratings were in the 20’s. McCain’s, however, were still in the mid-50’s, unchanged from election day.

January 20th couldn’t come fast enough. John McCain was inaugurated and although he didn’t have a record breaking crowd his was still very large. He even managed to get several high profile Democrats to attend. John Kerry as well as losing VP Nominee Joe Biden both joined him there.

I remember my father taking me to President McCain’s Inauguration. It seemed so historic. Although he didn’t have the hope and change of Obama (whom my family supported). He had experience. It seemed as though that very experience is what our nation needed.”- Diary of an Anonymous Citizen

John McCain, 44th President of the United States

“January and February were faced with Government deadlock as the Senate remained Democratic whereas the House became Republican. Little was passed though the Partisan deadlock and McCain appeared to be trying to check election promises off on a list. The true cornerstone of his Presidency however was conceived in a March 2009 trip to the United Kingdom. As he met with Prime Minister Gordon Brown and expressed an idea he had stated during the campaign. He informed him he intended to create a “League of Democracies” which would act where the UN failed to do so. Although he was personally opposed Brown stated if the UN were to hold a planning/creation session the UK would send a delegation. This sentiment was echoed by France, Germany, and Israel who all expressed support. Upon his return home John McCain had began to create an organization that would be a “less inclusive UN but more inclusive NATO.” –The Decline of the UN: UN-earthed, UN-told, UN-discovered
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 03:56:04 AM »

Interesting. Continue.

Without foreshadowing, I'm guessing LoD starts to attack non-democratic countries?
RedPrometheus

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:03:05 AM »

Very interesting start. Looking forward to the next update!
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »

Very interesting start. Looking forward to the next update!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 07:20:38 PM »

At the G20 Conference held in April the main issue was the crumbling Global Economy, however, behind closed doors McCain lobbied for even further support for the League of Democracies. His words were echoing in the back of many of the elected leaders heads when a few days later North Korea launched Kwangmyongsong-2 rocket. The UN held an emergency meeting but nothing came of it. Thus sealed its future and that of the , at the time, backroom League of Democracy.

“By May many in America gave up. There was no stimulus. Unemployment continued t skyrocket and the President didn’t appear to be doing a thing about it. Instead he continued to work on foreign issues. Pirates in Somalia, North Korea, Iran, and then came the start of the so-called “Swine Flu” it reeked havoc although in the end it appeared to be over hyped. It was the last thing America needed.- Diary of Senator Barack H. Obama

“The second most important day of the John McCain administration was May 26th, 2009. Just a day earlier North Korea admitted they had had several sucessful nuclear detonations. Yet again the UN didn’t act. McCain, however, did.

“As of today I am inviting any willing democracy to attend my earlier proposed League of Democracies. We will act where the United Nations continue to fail. Work on solutions to HIV/AIDS, stop oppression and bloodshed in places like Darfur, and work on better ways to stop environmental crises. I invite every willing Democracy to send a 10 person delegation to Chicago in July so the organization will be effectively drawn together with a new Constitution. Thank You, there will be no questions”- End of John McCain’s White House Press Conference  in the Rose Garden

The United Nations immediately condemned the decision to form the new group stating “One world government is enough, 2 will cause panic.” The media largely ignored them however and instead focused on which countries would be attending and who would be in the U.S. Delegation of 10. Finally in mid-June they got their answer.

“These are the 10 individuals who will represent our nation with Honor and Dignity at the Opening Conference of the LOD.

1.   Former United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
2.   Former United States Secretary of State Colin Powell
3.   Former United States President William Clinton
4.   Former United States Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton
5.   Former United States Ambassador to China John Huntsman Jr.
6.   Former United States Ambassador to the United Nations Richard Holbrooke
7.   Former United States Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
8.   Former United States President George W. Bush
9.   Former United States Ambassador to the United Nation William Richardson
10.   Former United States Ambassador to the United Nation John Negroponte

Although divided politically in many cases we believe they will unite for their country.”- White House Press Release

“When July 14th arrived I remember going with my husband out to see the various delegations parading into the city. It was surreal: France, the UK, Germany, Israel, Brazil, Australia, Colombia, Mexico, the United States, India, South Africa, Japan, and South Korea are the notable ones I remember. All of America’s enemies refused to come which wasn’t surprising. But still, you could feel the power of the World in Chicago on the opening day.”- Memoirs of Madeline G. Cogwell, a Chicago Citizen
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 12:56:31 AM »

The opening Conference was very, very tense as members debated what would go on the "world constitution". It was agreed by almost every nation a direct democracy approach would be used with countries choosing voting boundaries accordingly. Then, all those elected would for a Parliament which would vote on Legislation and work on the needs of the world. Bill Clinton and Colin Powell pushed this. As it passed the members then decided that countries would use their census information to appropriate the number of seats in which a nation received. Census information would be updated every 10 years.

Colin Powell working to pass his bill

In furthering the proposal for the Parliament the UK and Japan also sponsored a bill that would force the nations to select a "World Minister" from 2 nations. The US and UK would begin the chain but then would chose which nation would succeed them in running a candidate. It was viewed as an intricate but vital process as it was unique.

The permanent host city
Finally, however, voting began on a permanent host city. It was whittled down to  choices: Glasgow, Toronto, and Chicago. However Chicago soon dropped out due to the current economic concerns and Glasgow was shot down in voting. Toronto Canada would now play the role of Permanent host to the League of Democracies.[/i]"- WW III: A history

The elections were scheduled to be held in November so Americans wasted no time vying for the country's 100 or so seats.

"Hillary is telling me to run but I'm not sure...... A small part of me wants too but then there's an even greater part that worries I might get stuck a leader of the LoD. I couldn't leave retirement but it is truly an enticing offer. If only....."-
Diary of William J. Clinton

"The following weeks of the Opening Conference's adjournment were fraught with uneasiness within the UN. The very fact that former UN ambassadors had joined the new "upstart" organization enraged many members of Russia, China, and other rivals of the U.S. Some people even questioned whether or not the U.S. was even valid with its spot on the Security Council or its role as host nation. However, the concerns were quelled for a little while.."- My time in a changing world- Ban Ki Moon
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies