August 2012 Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:05:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  August 2012 Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: August 2012 Election Tracker  (Read 7002 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »

Wow, if this is the final result, Hagrid being elected but Clarence not being elected would be very odd to say the least Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »

Wow, if this is the final result, Hagrid being elected but Clarence not being elected would be very odd to say the least Tongue

This. And on another note, who the hell kind of person votes for Seatown over Bacon King or Clarence?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 08:52:03 AM »

This. And on another note, who the hell kind of person votes for Seatown over Bacon King or Clarence?

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 09:04:48 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I felt the need to, as Seatown's party leader, but...
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 09:50:37 AM »

I've been having the same thoughts as you, lol.

Here's an explanation of the counting process.

Just to warn you, it takes a long time. This is an extremely close election.

Thanks!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 09:52:25 AM »

I can absolutely understand someone voting Seatown over BK, considering BK's very fly-boy, love-em-and-leave-em approach to Atlasia he's had in the past.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 12:03:06 PM »

I can absolutely understand someone voting Seatown over BK, considering BK's very fly-boy, love-em-and-leave-em approach to Atlasia he's had in the past.

Wormyguy has missed a majority of votes during his term and recently was expelled but still scored higher approvals than Seatown.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »

Wormyguy has missed a majority of votes during his term and recently was expelled but still scored higher approvals than Seatown.

Sheesh. I guess I just don't know what Seatown has done wrong. Tongue
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 12:35:27 PM »

Labor is on the march! Woo!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 12:37:06 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2012, 12:42:14 PM by Chemistry & Sleep Deprivation »

You have an error, losing a Franzl vote before the 4th vote. Happily it doesn't affect anything.

Indeed, that just put Franlz at 10.92 instead of 9.92, but that makes no change. I correct that right now.

Really sorry for that. I was entering Gustaf vote when I saw than the quota was changed. I updated all for the new quota, but forgot to deal with the vote I just entered. That won't happen again.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 12:48:21 PM »

The fact that he would preference Clarence and Hagridofthedeep over Bacon King, not to mention Franzl or NVtownsend, provides the answer.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 12:50:05 PM »

You have an error, losing a Franzl vote before the 4th vote. Happily it doesn't affect anything.

Indeed, that just put Franlz at 10.92 instead of 9.92, but that makes no change. I correct that right now.

Really sorry for that. I was entering Gustaf vote when I saw than the quota was changed. I updated all for the new quota, but forgot to deal with the vote I just entered. That won't happen again.

Thanks for the updates.
No one expects anyone who's making multiple updates to not make a mistake or two.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2012, 02:39:54 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

His actions in the Senate have included (a comprehensive list):

• Attempting to place an embargo on products made in one specific factory into the FPR section on China (eventually transformed into a separate bill including an investigation of such plants and the creation of an imports labor oversight committee).
  • The incident with the Saving Over Spending Act
  • Attempting to propose a 0.5% tax on each stock.
  • Promotion of Wake Island/Atlasian Virgin Islands independence referendums
  • Jacking up the gasoline tax
  • Throwing a billion dollars at worker co-operatives.
  • Something about how "Wormyguy hates the brown man".
  • The whole I-disapprove-of-Sbane-because-of-one-vote-on-a-tax-on-stocks-which-is-apparently-now-a-harmful-activity thing
  • And of course, today is not my day, for I am a bloodthirsty hound.

And not much else I could find.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »

You forgot the part where he attacked the only other Senator from the Labor Party as being a right winger. And my personal favorite, the bloodthirsty hounds comment, which he could have got away with but apparently didn't realize that while you can get away with being an ass to some people some times, you can't get away with being an ass to everyone all the time.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »

I don't know who to vote for as no one has sent me any money all weekend. Has AndrewCT lost? If so, should I just not vote for him despite our romance in the past? And if Marokai is safe, would it be wrong to vote vote for him considering I think he needs to be in the senate? And what of hagrid and Clarence? And BK, even though he trashed me during his campaign? Why are there so many running? Why hasn't anyone written me in? Am I that forgotten?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 06:38:56 PM »

I don't know who to vote for as no one has sent me any money all weekend. Has AndrewCT lost? If so, should I just not vote for him despite our romance in the past? And if Marokai is safe, would it be wrong to vote vote for him considering I think he needs to be in the senate? And what of hagrid and Clarence? And BK, even though he trashed me during his campaign? Why are there so many running? Why hasn't anyone written me in? Am I that forgotten?

Andrew wrote you in. Sad
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2012, 07:20:41 PM »

In order: AndrewCT has lost absolutely, Marokai is extremely safe and will be in the Senate whether you vote for him or not, Hagrid's doing alright, Clarence isn't, BK is on the edge and is a maybe, everybody's running because people started declaring and it started snowballing, and I'm not sure.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »

A few things I'd like to address here. This is supposed to be an election tracker thread not a campaign thread(and a negative one at that). Until this point I've ran a positive campaign that revolved around labor values. If you noticed in this thread, the liberals have decided band together and start the mud slinging. There are a few obvious things I should point out. Liberals are a very diverse party, that ranges from social democrats to libertarians, yet they speak in unison every time they are criticized and immediately start the vicious personal attacks on the dissenter. Labor can't party unity despite being much closer to each other ideologically, because that would mean an end to their hegemony, since Labor's voter base is almost as large as the liberals. I'll also have to address the most obvious example of the activity in this thread. SjoyceFla came in spouting a whole bunch of right wing anti-tax rhetoric, and Napoleon implicitly endorsed it despite calling "right-wing" an insult earlier in the thread. He refuses to acknowledge the existence of right-wing views, and that people can hold, unless they are whigs. But even more so, he does not want himself or the liberal brand to be tarred by "right-wing". To liberals, I suggest you guys learn the meaning of world liberal, and what it actually means, not the mainstream TV drivel definition of it.  I will admit that I made a personal attack on SJoyceFla that was unwarranted, and I apologize, but the rest of his points are just pure propaganda. In the same way I suggest you guys read his Antarctic incorporation proposal, quite libertarian, isn't it? I think it's pretty clear that liberals are trying to consolidate power. It became pretty obvious after they attempted to court pack , and that's why I voted for whigs over liberals. Unlike the liberals I don't try to shroud my decisions and intents.

Last thing I'd like to add:
You forgot the part where he attacked the only other Senator from the Labor Party as being a right winger. And my personal favorite, the bloodthirsty hounds comment, which he could have got away with but apparently didn't realize that while you can get away with being an ass to some people some times, you can't get away with being an ass to everyone all the time.
I think you would know a lot about the bolded. The liberals powergrab is a lot more shrewd than Tweed's attempt ever was.

tl dr: If you have an ideology, whether it's left or right, don't give second preferences to the liberals, they are trying to end this fun game, and turn into another 2012 elections trashy hivemind subforum, where everybody has to self-censor.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 07:53:20 PM »

SjoyceFla came in spouting a whole bunch of right wing anti-tax rhetoric, and Napoleon implicitly endorsed it despite calling "right-wing" an insult earlier in the thread. He refuses to acknowledge the existence of right-wing views, and that people can hold, unless they are whigs. But even more so, he does not want himself or the liberal brand to be tarred by "right-wing". To liberals, I suggest you guys learn the meaning of world liberal, and what it actually means, not the mainstream TV drivel definition of it.  I will admit that I made a personal attack on SJoyceFla that was unwarranted, and I apologize, but the rest of his points are just pure propaganda. In the same way I suggest you guys read his Antarctic incorporation proposal, quite libertarian, isn't it? I think it's pretty clear that liberals are trying to consolidate power. It became pretty obvious after they attempted to court pack , and that's why I voted for whigs over liberals. Unlike the liberals I don't try to shroud my decisions and intents.

Right-wing anti-tax rhetoric? I don't know if I'm "anti-tax" so much as I am pro-lower taxation. Anyway, I don't categorize myself as right-wing; if we assume that far-right means movements such as fascism and Nazism, then clearly movements like libertarianism and classical liberalism would be firmly left-wing. As for my previous statement, it was simply a list of what you've done in the Senate according to legislation introduced and amendments proposed in the 49th and 50th Senates. As for Antarctica, that was addressed here.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 07:57:04 PM »

SjoyceFla came in spouting a whole bunch of right wing anti-tax rhetoric, and Napoleon implicitly endorsed it despite calling "right-wing" an insult earlier in the thread. He refuses to acknowledge the existence of right-wing views, and that people can hold, unless they are whigs. But even more so, he does not want himself or the liberal brand to be tarred by "right-wing". To liberals, I suggest you guys learn the meaning of world liberal, and what it actually means, not the mainstream TV drivel definition of it.  I will admit that I made a personal attack on SJoyceFla that was unwarranted, and I apologize, but the rest of his points are just pure propaganda. In the same way I suggest you guys read his Antarctic incorporation proposal, quite libertarian, isn't it? I think it's pretty clear that liberals are trying to consolidate power. It became pretty obvious after they attempted to court pack , and that's why I voted for whigs over liberals. Unlike the liberals I don't try to shroud my decisions and intents.

Right-wing anti-tax rhetoric? I don't know if I'm "anti-tax" so much as I am pro-lower taxation. Anyway, I don't categorize myself as right-wing; if we assume that far-right means movements such as fascism and Nazism, then clearly movements like libertarianism and classical liberalism would be firmly left-wing. As for my previous statement, it was simply a list of what you've done in the Senate according to legislation introduced and amendments proposed in the 49th and 50th Senates. As for Antarctica, that was addressed here.
Liberal Democrats and Tories are a left wing coalition, correct?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 08:11:11 PM »

tl dr: If you have an ideology, whether it's left or right, don't give second preferences to the liberals, they are trying to end this fun game, and turn into another 2012 elections trashy hivemind subforum, where everybody has to self-censor.

Talk like this is precisely why I didn't vote for our party to endorse you.  I mean, honestly?  Must we be so divisive and ideologically pure that we effectuate childish, non-existent wars between the Liberals and the Labors?

Look, I'm not going to start a fight with you, but the least you could do is admit that your record and rhetoric in the Senate are probably among the most partisan, right along with Wormyguy's.  And please, bear in mind that even if you are elected to a second term, this continued polarization will not benefit Atlasian leftists in the long run.  In fact, this is exactly the kind of bitter divisiveness that a lot of the Whigs probably like to see because it helps them win elections.  Your vote for Whig candidates out of pure spite for the Liberal Party is not only childish, but entirely contradictory to the 'positive campaign' you claim to be running.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »

Liberal Democrats and Tories are a left wing coalition, correct?

Liberal Democrats are center-left, Tories are center-right. What are you getting at?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »

Andrew did, didn't he! That's why he's my man you know. Our love is stronger than tape around a girls hands!

But seriously, I'll think about this and vote for whoever is in the running that I feel will be a good senator and go from there. Why all of these people WANT to be in the senate is a question for another day...Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 08:14:14 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2012, 08:34:05 PM by President Napoleon »

Our party is nothing like the Liberal Democrats. Almost all recent and even distant left wing progress stems from Liberals in this game, except Antonio and Marokai. You should look into our actual policies before criticizing us.

Seatown and Snowstalker have ran a very negative campaign. As President I have worked to help pass many of Seatown's efforts so for me its disappointing.

The newer Labor members don't remember what it was like the last time the Left was divided. I think they should ask around.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »

Atlasia is vry srs bizness!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length