Confirmation Hearing: Nathan to be Vice President (Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:35:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Nathan to be Vice President (Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Nathan to be Vice President (Confirmed)  (Read 745 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: August 29, 2012, 01:48:47 PM »
« edited: August 30, 2012, 01:03:18 AM by Nathan »

Nathan- of course the most important role of yours would be to step into the Presidency if Napoleon resigned or became incapacitated. As Commander-in-chief and our nation's chief diplomat, what would your approach be with regards to Iran?

I don't want military force to be on the table regarding Iran, mainly because I'm opposed to the use of military force as an instrument of Atlasian policy in most situations, but if need be, Iran would probably be near the top of any list of countries to finally lose patience with. I'd prefer to continue the present course of international isolation but I do understand that that might not work. If we were to use military force I would want it, first, to have some international backing, and second, to have a very clearly circumscribed and specific goal--removing specific military installations, for instance, or opening the Strait of Hormuz if they were to close it. I'm leery of more regime-change adventurism, especially considering what happened the last time our predecessor nation's government was involved in overthrowing that of this particular country.

Nathan, the office of Vice President is very often seen as an insignificant one.  What will you bring to the Office of the Vice Presidency that would make the position more prominent in crafting policy?

The President has already expressed a willingness to give me an active role in setting the administration's economic policies if any shift in policy is judged to be necessary, since he's more interested in social issues. I will be looking over Atlasia's finances and economic outlook over the coming weeks and seeing if I can find anything to incorporate into our October platform in that area.

One of the problems I have dealt with in my numerous terms as PPT is that the VP tends to recede so far in the background that several functions that require action by th VP for the Senate to function don't get accomplished in a timely manner. Therefore Nathan, if confirmed, will you promise to maintain an active communication with myself or my successor as PPT, to ensure that these items are taken care of quickly as they arise?

I promise. I served in the Senate and I regard the Vice President's Senate-related functions as significant and important.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies