Romney 2012: The Last Great White Campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:19:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney 2012: The Last Great White Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Romney 2012: The Last Great White Campaign  (Read 13620 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »

Let's cut the BS and call it like it is: The vast majority of Hispanics and blacks were never going to vote for the "rich white guy" when they had Barack Hussein Obama as a choice.

Good luck winning in 2016 with a white guy, Democrats. Are you really going to turn to Michael Corleo--err, Andrew Cuomo, or California Lt. Gov. Patrick Bateman? Hillary Clinton is going to be 69, and I doubt she will get involved after her thankless tour of duty (I salute her service one last time; maybe the country would not be such a mess today had she won four years ago). So who are you going to field to keep turnout up among minorities in 2016? Or did you really think minorities were voting for Barack's disappointing results and failed ideology? And a tip: You won't be able to blame Bush four years from now.

2016 is poised to be a Republican year especially with Rubio destined to be the running mate of Paul Ryan, John Thune or [insert name of popular governor not named Chris Christie, who is FINISHED]. Too bad it will be too late to turn around the country after four more years of this nonsense...

GOP will likely use Rubio to stonewall immigration reform. Then in 2016, Rubio will spearhead the effort to present a new Republican Party that is committed to embracing Latinos, who actually tend to have conservative values such as faith in God, working hard, and being committed to personal responsibility.

Democrats do not have an Hispanic with the charisma of Rubio. Democrats provided the first ticket with a black, and Republicans will provide the first ticket with an Hispanic. It is pretty much a guarantee after getting crushed by Latinos on Tuesday.

You are a loser.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2012, 11:36:42 AM by Politico »

I think Republicans will never win with minorities because all they do is demean them.

When does the special ingredient in the Democratic Kool-Aid start to kick in?

Here's a secret about many professional Democrats: They do NOT want minorities to see their standard of living improve. Why? Because these Democrats want minorities to be dependent upon Democratic politicians every election season...

Here are some prominent Republican minorities: Marco Rubio, Susana Martinez, Bobby Jindal, Allen West, J.C. Watts, Condi Rice, Gary Franks, Herman Cain, Alan Keyes, Colin Powell, Claude Allen, Peter Boulware, Kenneth Blackwell, Michael Steele, Lynn Swann, Thurman Thomas, Clarence Thomas, etc.

Martin Luther King, Sr. was a lifelong Republican.

There were 32 African-American Republican candidates for Congress in 2010.

I am a Democrat, and I have been in meetings where union leaders cracked off-color jokes. I have never seen such behavior among professional Republicans (e.g., not even among Deep South delegates at the RNC).

The Republican Party of the 21st Century wants to improve the standard of living for people of all backgrounds. They do not believe that a culture of dependency, a mentality of entitlement, will move us forward towards a color blind society. Obviously Republicans are repulsed by people such as the "Obama Phone Lady," but race has nothing to do with it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »

Let's cut the BS and call it like it is: The vast majority of Hispanics and blacks were never going to vote for the "rich white guy" when they had Barack Hussein Obama as a choice.

Good luck winning in 2016 with a white guy, Democrats. Are you really going to turn to Michael Corleo--err, Andrew Cuomo, or California Lt. Gov. Patrick Bateman? Hillary Clinton is going to be 69, and I doubt she will get involved after her thankless tour of duty (I salute her service one last time; maybe the country would not be such a mess today had she won four years ago). So who are you going to field to keep turnout up among minorities in 2016? Or did you really think minorities were voting for Barack's disappointing results and failed ideology? And a tip: You won't be able to blame Bush four years from now.

2016 is poised to be a Republican year especially with Rubio destined to be the running mate of Paul Ryan, John Thune or [insert name of popular governor not named Chris Christie, who is FINISHED]. Too bad it will be too late to turn around the country after four more years of this nonsense...

GOP will likely use Rubio to stonewall immigration reform. Then in 2016, Rubio will spearhead the effort to present a new Republican Party that is committed to embracing Latinos, who actually tend to have conservative values such as faith in God, working hard, and being committed to personal responsibility.

Democrats do not have an Hispanic with the charisma of Rubio. Democrats provided the first ticket with a black, and Republicans will provide the first ticket with an Hispanic. It is pretty much a guarantee after getting crushed by Latinos on Tuesday.

You are a loser.

You do realize what a disaster 2016 is going to be, right?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »

Don't have time to read through every post (I suspect there's a lot of arguing), but race is not the only factor. The current GOP is out of touch with too many demographics. Young people are actually starting to turn out now too, and the GOP gets wiped out with them. The GOP got beaten by women and wiped out by educated, professional women, and that's a growing demographic. Then the GOP got wiped out by Hispanics and of course African-Americans. Then there's the nation's leftward movement socially and culturally, and the GOP largely gets beaten by people who regard this stuff as at least important.

Fox Noise and O'Reilly largely run gimmicks; setting that aside, there is no way that all of these demographics merely consist of people with a hand out wanting freebies. The nation is really changing, and as we see when nations change, they change relatively quickly. I think the GOP has to get with it.
milhouse24
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »

Don't have time to read through every post (I suspect there's a lot of arguing), but race is not the only factor. The current GOP is out of touch with too many demographics. Young people are actually starting to turn out now too, and the GOP gets wiped out with them. The GOP got beaten by women and wiped out by educated, professional women, and that's a growing demographic. Then the GOP got wiped out by Hispanics and of course African-Americans. Then there's the nation's leftward movement socially and culturally, and the GOP largely gets beaten by people who regard this stuff as at least important.

Fox Noise and O'Reilly largely run gimmicks; setting that aside, there is no way that all of these demographics merely consist of people with a hand out wanting freebies. The nation is really changing, and as we see when nations change, they change relatively quickly. I think the GOP has to get with it.

Nah, the youth vote only came out for a personality like Obama.  The youth vote won't come out for John Kerry, O'Malley, or Hillary.  They are boring white people with bland personalities that don't appeal to the People Magazine/ET audience.  Youth voters were energized by Obama's young age and mastery of 'pop-culture.'  He is the multi-racial JFK icon of a generation.  Its rare that Obama won by exclusively appealing to Blacks, HIspanics, and single women; while losing the largest share of white voters since Reagan.  The Liberal media won't drool over Hillary or O'Malley like they have over the great multi-racial Hope Obama.  There won't be as much peer GOTV pressure for Hillary. 

Besides Jeb Bush has a Mexican Wife.  He's the next great Latin Hope to sell to the Liberal Media. 
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »

You are a loser.

How can you be so sure, if you weren't able to predict who'd win this year, with all the facts and polling saying Romney would lose?

You're a loser. I got every state right (my prediction map has AZ and NC going dem., but I gave them to Romney one month ago. And I won't try to predict 2016 until, at least, 3 months before the election. So, shut up, stop hacking and buy a friend.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Given that turnout was way down this election, demographics had absolutely zero to do with the election result. Smiley

If demographics were the reason, you would expect that Obama's turnout would go up and not down, given that there are more Americans in 2012 than in 2008.

But, that didn't happen?

Except it actually wasn't. Wait for the 5-6 million votes left to be counted before making such a ridiculous claim.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2012, 11:51:44 PM »

You are a loser.

Politico in 2016: "You do realize what a disaster 2020 is going to be, right?"
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2012, 12:14:34 AM by Sbane »

I think Republicans will never win with minorities because all they do is demean them.

Here's a secret about many professional Democrats: They do NOT want minorities to see their standard of living improve. Why? Because these Democrats want minorities to be dependent upon Democratic politicians every election season...

Here are some prominent Republican minorities: Marco Rubio, Susana Martinez, Bobby Jindal, Allen West, J.C. Watts, Condi Rice, Gary Franks, Herman Cain, Alan Keyes, Colin Powell, Claude Allen, Peter Boulware, Kenneth Blackwell, Michael Steele, Lynn Swann, Thurman Thomas, Clarence Thomas, etc.

I am a Democrat, and I have been in meetings where union leaders cracked off-color jokes. I have never seen such behavior among professional Republicans (e.g., not even among Deep South delegates at the RNC).

The Republican Party of the 21st Century wants to improve the standard of living for people of all backgrounds. They do not believe that a culture of dependency, a mentality of entitlement, will move us forward towards a color blind society. Obviously Republicans are repulsed by people such as the "Obama Phone Lady," but race has nothing to do with it.

AZ SB 1070.

Republicans will go ahead and let police harass minorities if they think it will buy them a couple votes here or there. Democrats don't do that, which is why they get the minority vote. And it's not just Hispanics and Blacks, it's also the Asian vote. What do you have to say about that? You do realize Asians make more money than whites? Why don't they vote Republican? It's because they are nativists! The modern day Know-nothing party!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2012, 10:59:27 AM »

Cruz says hello.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »

2016 is poised to be a Republican year especially with Rubio destined to be the running mate of Paul Ryan, John Thune or [insert name of popular governor not named Chris Christie, who is FINISHED].

What the heck?  Buddy, you guys better put an Hispanic at the top of the ticket, not just as VP, in 2016, if you want to have a shadow of a chance.

GOP will likely use Rubio to stonewall immigation reform.

Dude, you had better loudly and enthusiastically embrace immigration reform right now and trumpet it throughout the next four years, if you want to gain even a few points with Hispanics.  If you stonewall it any further you'll lose an even bigger share in 2016.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »

Cruz says hello.

Did Cruz actually win a majority of Hispanics?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2012, 01:15:22 PM »

TX didn't have an exit poll for some stupid reason, but it's pretty obvious that he came nowhere close:

The Republicans can't just trot out their same obsolete ideas in a brown package and expect Hispanics to be dumb enough to jump on board. Their ideology, policies and rhetoric are repugnant to Hispanics (and blacks, and Asians, and single women, and...)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2012, 01:24:28 PM »

None of these non-white candidates--African-American, Hispainc, or Asian--won little more than the typical small share of the non-white vote. No matter how fine or poor the individual candidates may've been, when they ran on the traditional GP platform of the last 30 years they were decimated outside of white voters--just like white GOP candidates.

for that same readon, don't expect for one second that Latino (non-Cuban) voters will even begin to forgive "stonewalling amnesty" by putting a handsome brown face on the ticket like Rubio. The problem here is content, not packaging; and until you and your ilk accept that at heart the GOP is going to be increasingly weakened.

Put another way, it's hard to see where the Democratic Party can go anywhere but up in winning over white working class voters; the same can't be said of the GOP and non-whites. But regardless, even if the parties simply hold steady for each, the GOP won't win another national election in our lifetime.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »

I think it's insulting to assume that just because a candidate is Hispanic/Latino that Latino voters will support them. The Latino community is very diverse and not a monolithic group. A Latino GOP candidate could certainly help with votes but don't bet on it being enough to win the election.
Chartist
Rookie

« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »

I think the selection of a Hispanic candidate on the basis of their race could come off as 'pandering' and drive the demographic away if not done right. Something similar happened with Palin in 2008.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »

Dems lost on all the "major" issues, but tricked people with their embarrassing pandering.  Free birth control shouldn't trump the economy, but Chicago found a way.  It will be interesting to see how the D's play this.  You can't keep the base of the party happy (lunatics) and do the much needed work on serious issues.  This incompatibility inevitably leads to a breakup of the coalition to some extent.  The only way to win 'competence credit' is to enact a minimum 80% R economic plan, which poses more political issues in 2014-2016. 

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2012, 07:04:41 PM »

Dems lost on all the "major" issues, but tricked people with their embarrassing pandering.  Free birth control shouldn't trump the economy, but Chicago found a way.  It will be interesting to see how the D's play this.  You can't keep the base of the party happy (lunatics) and do the much needed work on serious issues.  This incompatibility inevitably leads to a breakup of the coalition to some extent.  The only way to win 'competence credit' is to enact a minimum 80% R economic plan, which poses more political issues in 2014-2016. 

L.O.L. The only thing we lost was a gerrymandered House. How does it feel that when the Democratic Party decided to run on shrinking the military, raising taxes on the rich, keeping abortion legal and accessible and expanding government's role in the economy, we won?

It must have not felt too good, considering the drivel of an argument you're trying to present.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »

Yeah, the Republicans wanted an ideological choice election, and the Democrats won. The center-piece of the Obama campaign was raising taxes on the rich; the center-piece of the Republican campaign was taking healthcare away from tens of millions of people to fund military spending and tax cuts for the rich. The voters picked our ideology and rejected yours.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2012, 08:05:47 PM »

L.O.L. The only thing we lost was a gerrymandered House. How does it feel that when the Democratic Party decided to run on shrinking the military, raising taxes on the rich, keeping abortion legal and accessible and expanding government's role in the economy, we won?

It must have not felt too good, considering the drivel of an argument you're trying to present.

He's just bummed out because Tammy Baldwin is going to be is Senator for 6 years!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2012, 05:00:10 AM »

Would a nativist party run Cruz? No. Cruz is also tea party. Smiley
ajb
United States

« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »

Cruz says hello.

Did Cruz actually win a majority of Hispanics?

According to Latino Decisions, Obama won TX Hispanics 70-29; Sadler (I admit I had to look him up) won TX Hispanics in the Senate race 65-35.

That sounds like a reasonable estimate of the kind of boost the Republicans can expect to get from a candidate who is Latino, but holds views strongly opposed to those of most Latinos.

http://www.latinodecisions.com/files/3313/5241/7896/TX.2012.pdf
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies