Official Citizen Initiative Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:39:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Citizen Initiative Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Citizen Initiative Thread  (Read 19828 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« on: August 29, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »
« edited: November 06, 2013, 10:54:08 PM by homelycooking »

This shall serve as the official citizen initiative thread. Any ballot initiative proposed and endorsed by 8% of registered voters by November 15 will be put to a national popular vote on November 22.

PAST BALLOT PROPOSALS

The Right to be Loony Initiative: not adopted at May 2013 referendum
Making the "Citizen Access to Law Act" Effective Initiative: not adopted at September 2013 referendum

CURRENT BALLOT PROPOSALS (12 signatures currently needed for referendum vote)

Torture Isn't Nice Initiative: 12 signatures - qualified for November referendum
Honesty in Government Initiative: 12 signatures - qualified for November referendum
We Need More Initiatives Initiative: 14 signatures - qualified for November referendum
Can We Speed This Up Initiative: 12 signatures - qualified for November referendum
If We Can't Speed This Up Initiative: 12 signatures - qualified for November referendum

Sexual Assault Ban Initiative: 10 signatures
The Color Purple Initiative: 9 signatures
Fixing our Ass-Backwards Prostitution Law Initiative: 9 signatures
Marriage Revenge Initiative: 7 signatures
Public Employees' Freedom Initiative: 7 signatures
Paycheck Fairness Initiative: 7 signatures
Overtime Initiative: 6 signatures
End Pointless Occupations Initiative: 6 signatures
Fair Minimum Wage Initiative: 5 signatures
Sound Money Initiative: 5 signatures
Justice in Taxation Initiative: 5 signatures
Atlasia is a Country of Second Chances Initiative: 5 signatures
Anti-Vampire Initiative: 5 signatures
We Want Tyrion Initiative: 5 signatures
Horses are Transportation Initiative: 4 signatures
This is Atlasia, We Speak Swedish Initiative: 4 signatures
Sanctuary Cities Initiative: 4 signatures
The Fun Tolls Initiative: 3 signatures
Nix Day Initiative: 3 signatures
Garlic Smells Bad Initiative: 3 signatures
The Painting Horse Returns Initiative: 2 signatures
No Phones for E.T. Initiative: 2 signatures
Truth in Politicking Initiative: 2 signatures
The Reasonable Taxation Commitment Initiative: 1 signature
Apple Personhood Initiative: 1 signature

Up-to-date as of November 6, 2013
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »

I sign all of Marokai's things, for myself, for Atlasia, and especially for the gays!

Uh, Duke, you're going to have to be much clearer and more explicit than that for me to be able to record your signatures.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »

It does. For your sake, I wanted to make sure I didn't take too liberal of an interpretation of "signing all of Marokai's things". Wink
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2012, 05:52:49 PM by Уродливые кухни »

Obviously it does not. I made it clear I supported what Marokai proposed yet Homelycooking, in his infinite wisdom, forced me to go through the monotonous task of separating quotes just to prove my allegiance to Maroaki's ideas. This forced me to waste about 10 minutes of my time, which I gladly did because I am sure Marokai would support any bills I proposed, which isn't happening btw, to show him which I actually supported. So it isn't that easy to satisfy the kid. I applaud him for his thoroughness, but I am sure his anal interpretation of the language will wane as he gets older. He is but a boy.

Well, if I had followed his (Tmth's) lead, I would have signed him up for the torture, sexual assault and pointless occupations initiatives. But he didn't indicate those in his last post.

Look, this isn't that hard. Just make it clear, like this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

EDIT: There, I've even numbered all of the initiatives. There is no longer any excuse for ambiguity.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 06:24:41 PM »

My anus is so thoroughly retentive because it has to be. That's a part of my job. Grin As the manager of all of Atlasia's public records, I can't afford to make mistakes or subjective interpretations. I know that people don't intend to make my job harder than it is, but sometimes that's just an inevitable side-effect. I don't hold it against anyone - again, all part of the job.

But let us speak no more of this, Duke. Someday I will deign to forgive you. Grin
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 07:51:56 AM »

Did you intend to sign all of the proposals?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 09:52:34 AM »

The thread is reopened for new citizen initiatives! The signature requirement has been reduced to 8% or 10, whichever is lower (and 10, for the moment, happens to be lower).

Any initiatives which acquire the requisite number of signatures by May 17 will be placed on the ballot in a May 24 referendum election.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 08:11:05 PM »

xSJoyce

X Wolfentoad

xSJoyce

X Wolfentoad

Normally I would want to abstain from doing initiatives, but if it gives an opportunity to promote our beliefs, I will lend my support.

X Senator Napoleon

Please - if you mean to sign both initiatives, say so explicitly or sign your name directly after each initiative.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2013, 01:52:29 PM by homelycooking »

This shall serve as the official citizen initiative thread. Any ballot initiative proposed and endorsed by 8% or 10 registered voters, whichever is lower, by March 14 will be put to a national popular vote on March 21.

Where are you getting the "whichever is lower" thing from?

Blame me for that one; that's what I mistakenly told Homely when the Amendment to lower signature requirements was ratified.

I didn't know that that was incorrect! That means that each proposal needs 15, not 10, signatures to qualify for ballot access.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »

Sorry everyone, I just realized my mistake.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 03:30:11 PM »

There's only a couple more days for this, but I'd like to point out that the following initiative has received enough signatures (15) to be placed on the ballot:

Don't worry, I knew it. I keep track of the number of signatures acquired by each initiative.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »

No problem. It qualified for the referendum anyway.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »

Recent deregistrations have lowered the number of signatures needed for an initiative to qualify for a referendum to 12. Having previously acquired 12 signatures, the "Torture Isn't Nice Initiative" is hereby scheduled for a November 22-24 federal referendum election.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »

New registrations have raised the number of signatures required for new ballot initiatives to 13. The "speed it up" initiatives need one more signature each to qualify. The other initiatives that qualified with 12 signatures will remain qualified and on the ballot.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 08:23:06 AM »

Apologies, forgot about "rounded down" in the Constitutional amendment. The 13th signature doesn't hurt, though. The "Can We Speed This Up Initiative" and the "If We Can't Speed This Up Initiative" are qualified for the November referendum.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies