Views of the Democratic Party plummet with whites, males, and voters over 35
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:17:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Views of the Democratic Party plummet with whites, males, and voters over 35
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Views of the Democratic Party plummet with whites, males, and voters over 35  (Read 2639 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 07:51:27 AM »

Which indicates that the predominant factor in their vote against Obama was their Hasidic Judaism and not their poverty.
NY Jew

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 07:55:43 AM »

Which indicates that the predominant factor in their vote against Obama was their Hasidic Judaism and not their poverty.
and why should that make them vote against Obama?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 08:11:31 AM »

please enlighten this stupid person.

Child, there's not enough time in ten lifetimes to enlighten you.
NY Jew

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 08:54:04 AM »

please enlighten this stupid person.

Child, there's not enough time in ten lifetimes to enlighten you.
that's because in order to enlighten me, you would have to know something.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »

Are you arguing that Kiryas Joel's poverty is responsible for its 90% bloc vote for John McCain rather than its socially and economically conservative Orthodox Judaism?
NY Jew

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 09:36:33 AM »

Are you arguing that Kiryas Joel's poverty is responsible for its 90% bloc vote for John McCain rather than its socially and economically conservative Orthodox Judaism?
actually it's very likely there's a higher percentage of Satmar who vote Republican based on economics then any other Orthodox demographic group.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:32 AM »

Especially as 'poverty' isn't quite an accurate description for what exists in the place.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »

Serious question for NYJew: do you know why the Satmar community in Outremont, Montreal, Quebec clearly does not vote Conservative, even though American Satmars are overwhelmingly GOP and most Orthodox communities elsewhere in Canada are very Conservative? The party receives less than 10% in most polls (i.e. precincts) within the Outremont eruv.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 04:59:57 PM »

Cult of Personality wearing off.
NY Jew

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 05:41:45 PM »

Serious question for NYJew: do you know why the Satmar community in Outremont, Montreal, Quebec clearly does not vote Conservative, even though American Satmars are overwhelmingly GOP and most Orthodox communities elsewhere in Canada are very Conservative? The party receives less than 10% in most polls (i.e. precincts) within the Outremont eruv.
actually the Satmar community in Williamsburg only votes GOP in presidential races.

Satmar in most elections (no matter who runs) tries to side with the winner in order to get specific favors (zoning, money patronage ext.).  Obama is different because president don't give out favors to them and therefore votes their consonance.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 08:16:41 PM »

actually the Satmar community in Williamsburg only votes GOP in presidential races.

Satmar in most elections (no matter who runs) tries to side with the winner in order to get specific favors (zoning, money patronage ext.).  Obama is different because president don't give out favors to them and therefore votes their consonance.

Serious question for NYJew: have you ever been to a school in your life? If so, did you make it past the third grade? I think that the teaching of spelling/grammar/etc. begin then...
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 08:32:13 PM »

Ah, ok. Thanks.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 11:39:25 PM »

For the case of the Samtar of Montreal, it's complicated.
I think they elected a Communist in the 50's and are saying than the existence of Isreal is against the Torah or something.

For the whole Jew Community of Outremont, they usually voted Liberal (centrist party, the party of any people, including most religious minorities at a time), but they voted for the social democrats in 2007 due to the Liberal candidate having wrote something which could have been described as anti-semitic. Since then, the vote is pretty split between the traditionnal Liberal vote and the fidelity to the incumbent.

NY Jew

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 09:13:02 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2012, 12:48:20 AM by Badger »

Satmar in most elections (no matter who runs) tries to side with the winner in order to get specific favors (zoning, money patronage ext.).  Obama is different because president don't give out favors to them and therefore votes their consonance.

Serious question for NYJew: have you ever been to a school in your life? If so, did you make it past the third grade? I think that the teaching of spelling/grammar/etc. begin then...
yes

I just don't think spelling is important as long as the other person understands what your writing. Many (not most) of my spelling mistakes are really typos.  Think about the fact that English is (one of?) the stupidest language from a linguistic point of view.  look up ghoti.

grammar (while important) is much harder for me because despite English being my first language because I used to also think grammar was like spelling (and in a certain sense I still do) and when I changed my view point when learning Hebrew grammar so many times certain Hebrew grammar rules will inevitably come in to my writing.  Thus in a ironic way my grammar was better before I had a much better understanding of grammar.  In addition many times my grammar mistakes come from to much editing.  Meaning I will write my comment and in the middle of writing go back an add a important (content) point earlier in the post and many times mess up the grammar that place because while the grammar was correct the first time my important content points changed the grammar.

etc. what else don't I know that a "3rd grader" should know?  

PS your question (the way you asked it) is much more of a personal insult (sick of all the hypocritical Censorization of every comment I make that people are to stupid to understand)

Serious question for mondale84: have you ever been to a school in your life? If so, did you make it past the third grade? I think that the teaching of logic/deductive ext. reasoning begin then ...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies