Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:49:32 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Individual Politics (Moderators: Grad Students are the Worst, Torie, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Opinion of Charlie Crist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Huh
FF   -11 (33.3%)
HP   -22 (66.7%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Opinion of Charlie Crist  (Read 544 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2012, 10:33:25 am »
Ignore

I don't like him, so HP, but I also don't like how he was bullied out of the GOP.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
When I voted for the first time a few weeks ago, I announced "damnit, I voted for Pat Buchanan!" Nobody got it.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:35:28 am »
Ignore

Lean FF. He's an HP for supporting Obama and abandoning the Republican Party, but Sjoycefla has really convinced me that he's not that bad.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -8.96

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:47:36 am »
Ignore

Lean FF. He's an HP for supporting Obama and abandoning the Republican Party, but Sjoycefla has really convinced me that he's not that bad.

Smiley

Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 0.35

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:55:03 am »
Ignore

HP, big time.

Being a Libertarian is like having a fever, either you sweat it out or you die from it.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
YaBB God
Latvia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:44:16 am »
Ignore

I don't like him, so HP, but I also don't like how he was bullied out of the GOP.

So everyone that loses a primary is "bullied?"

Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 02:26:25 pm »
Ignore

No.  Remember, Charlie Crist dropped out of the Republican primary before the vote and ran as an Independent for the Senate.  But was still bullied out of the party because of his support for many of President Obama's policies like the stimulus package.  I don't like him (and never really have), but I don't think it was right to be so hard on him that he left the party.  This is exactly the problem with ideological purity in the Republican Party.  While I believe the GOP needs to stand for conservative values, we have taken it to extremes and have been poisoning our own well in the process.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
When I voted for the first time a few weeks ago, I announced "damnit, I voted for Pat Buchanan!" Nobody got it.
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 02:32:02 pm »
Ignore

Massive FF.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:03 pm »
Ignore

HP among HPs. He dated my mom’s cousin, asked her to marry him, and after that date, he never spoke or saw her again. He is a closeted homosexual who uses women simply as a screen to protect his political career. He is an opportunist, and the Democrats should be wary of him.

If a burial strikes my family as too practical, I'd go for either a viking funeral on one of the Great Lakes or to be sealed up in a tomb with my closest servants and bang-maids so they may wait on my every need in the afterlife.
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:17 pm »
Ignore

Has he come out of the closet yet?

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Senator TNF
TNF
YaBB God
Venezuela

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 04:45:23 pm »
Ignore

HP. An opportunist without any scruples or principles.

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »
Ignore

^ This x1000.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 10:49:18 pm »
Ignore

HP among HPs. He dated my mom’s cousin, asked her to marry him, and after that date, he never spoke or saw her again. He is a closeted homosexual who uses women simply as a screen to protect his political career. He is an opportunist, and the Democrats should be wary of him.

WHAT?!!!

As I've said before, my life is dull...

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 11:09:42 pm »
Ignore

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 11:15:55 pm »
Ignore

後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:39 pm »
Ignore

Let's also not forget the straw that broke the camels back. Crist did more than hug Obama. Republicans abandoned him after he vetoed school reform bills at the bidding of the teacher's unions.

The same Jeb Bush education reform bills that even Chris Matthews whole-heartedly endorses. And the man doesn't actually like unions or anything (if the rest of his tenure shows), he was just an asshole opportunist looking for any kind of support (and the teacher's unions were just convenient). Kind of like that other grade-A asshole, Lincoln Chaffee.

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 01:52:09 am »
Ignore

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 02:01:04 am »
Ignore

Not as bad as people make him out to be and almost certainly not for the same reasons. I'll vote FF just to be a balance.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
YaBB God
Latvia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 02:24:09 am »
Ignore

No.  Remember, Charlie Crist dropped out of the Republican primary before the vote and ran as an Independent for the Senate.  But was still bullied out of the party because of his support for many of President Obama's policies like the stimulus package.  I don't like him (and never really have), but I don't think it was right to be so hard on him that he left the party.  This is exactly the problem with ideological purity in the Republican Party.  While I believe the GOP needs to stand for conservative values, we have taken it to extremes and have been poisoning our own well in the process.

Nobody forced him out of the party. He only left because it looked like he was going to lose the primary and leaving the party was his only remaining venue for winning the Senate seat. Should the Florida Republican electorate have said they would vote for him so he wouldn't leave the party out of political expediency? That sounds like a way to encourage more bad behavior from politicians.

If nothing else, Crist twice created a vacuum that paved the way for Florida's Senate seat to be occupied by a moron who by virtue of his ethnic background gets put on a pedestal as the GOP's "rising star."

SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 06:57:36 am »
Ignore

Let's also not forget the straw that broke the camels back. Crist did more than hug Obama. Republicans abandoned him after he vetoed school reform bills at the bidding of the teacher's unions.

The same Jeb Bush education reform bills that even Chris Matthews whole-heartedly endorses. And the man doesn't actually like unions or anything (if the rest of his tenure shows), he was just an asshole opportunist looking for any kind of support (and the teacher's unions were just convenient). Kind of like that other grade-A asshole, Lincoln Chaffee.

And that veto is why he's a massive FF.

Rooney
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 10:59:01 am »
Ignore

I have never quite gotten the idea that Crist was "bullied" out of the Republican Party. He was going to lose an election to another candidate. The point of an election is to win the election. If a candidate wins an election that does not make them a bully and the person who does not win should not be the focus of sympathy. Elections are a game like kickball or capture the flag. The person who wins the game is not a bully. Crist is just another moderate Republican who was unlikable and could not win an election. He should be the focus of scorn not compassion. 

Political Matrix:
Economic score: +8.65
Social score: -8.00
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 11:02:28 am »
Ignore

HP.  I'd have more respect for him if he just became a Democrat and didn't publicize himself the way he is doing now.  Obviously, had he stayed a Republican and actually won the Florida Senate seat, there would be a much different story in regards to his career, and like Sanchez said, he's probably a closeted homosexual, yet he long opposed same-sex marriage for the sake of protecting his career and relations with the GOP -- which ultimately failed, of course.  He literally thinks politics is some type of game for one's self-promotion.  For Democrats to rally around him would be to reward sleaziness and partisan opportunism.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 11:04:05 am »
Ignore

For Democrats to rally around him would be to reward sleaziness and partisan opportunism.

I get that, but could you name someone else that Democrats could rally around in Florida?

後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 11:05:36 am »
Ignore

I'm a pretty moderate Republican. And I despise Crist and Chaffee (though the latter amazingly).

I literally don't think there's a major politician in the USA I despise as much as Lincoln Chaffee. Well, maybe Jack Reed too, but that's due to more personal reasons, not political.

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 11:10:27 am »
Ignore

For Democrats to rally around him would be to reward sleaziness and partisan opportunism.

I get that, but could you name someone else that Democrats could rally around in Florida?

Sink, Meek, Grayson, maybe a state legislator?  I'm okay with supporting Democrats in general elections whom I did not support in primaries, even if I find them just marginally better than the alternatives, but I can't get behind disintegrity.
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 11:29:56 am »
Ignore

Sink, Meek, Grayson, maybe a state legislator?  I'm okay with supporting Democrats in general elections whom I did not support in primaries, even if I find them just marginally better than the alternatives, but I can't get behind disintegrity.

Have you heard a thing about Meek in the past year? Cause I sure haven't. Sink meanwhile is a gawdawful campaigner and really blew the gubernatorial race once already. But good to see you've still got a sense of humor about it (Grayson).

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout