Is Romney Finished? Part 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:09:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Romney Finished? Part 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Romney Finished? Part 2  (Read 343 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »

So with the Mother Jones video,his Libya remarks,if I was a Mexican etc. How bad will it hurt him? if it does how will the map look?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »

Those things won't hurt him much specifically, as they mostly alienate either very small groups or those who would never vote for him anyway - however these missteps do tend to:

1. reinforce the view in most voters minds that he is foolish, incompetent, not to be taken seriously,

2. waste precious time not improving his standing - as the underdog he can't afford this.

So, he's still far from finished, alas, but nothing that's happened over the last week has helped him with his 'slightly behind' problem.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »

He's basically finished.  The accumulation of mistakes and bad press (Politico story on his campaign, etc.) is turning into a landslide and I believe this latest tape from the fundraiser really crystallizes people's perceptions or Romney.  Remember, this was the candidate who said he was "not concerned about the very poor." The impression he has left from recent events is someone who is out of touch, craven and completely incompetent.  I also think the anonymous finger pointing among Team Romney that we saw in the Politico story will now only accelerate.  People are going to want to distance themselves.

Romney will hold the GOP base, of course, which is why the election won't be a blowout.  But at this point Obama would have to have a massive meltdown to lose.  I don't see that happening.  Maybe if he came on stage at the Presidential debate nude, playing a ukulele and singing a love song about Osama bin Laden.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies