Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:25:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes."  (Read 2204 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: September 03, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »

1. Jobs

More jobs are being added now than when Obama first took office. It's not sky high, but it's not a loss of jobs

Yeah! We're not doing good but at least we haven't totally descended into an Armageddon-like scenario! Vote Democrat!

2. Obamacare.

It is a fact that Obamacare will allow 30 million people to have health insurance, and I'm one of them.

No, it's a fact that Obamacare will force 30 million (actually, many, many more) people to buy health insurance. Never in the history of this country has the Federal Government forced citizens to purchase anything. Ever. Nothing. Democrats talk so much about how they favour individual autonomy and freedom, yet they support as little fiscal freedom as possible, along with this monstrosity of a healthcare bill (if you would even call it that, it's more of a tyrannical takeover of private industry, one that is comparable to the takeover of the auto industry that is still being paid off.) Frankly, it's hypocritical. Don't call yourself a supporter of freedom and then turn around and support disasters like Obamacare.

I think people are greatly underestimating the number of young people who will vote for Obama on that reason alone.

Yeah, I forgot young people support as little freedom as possible. Fight the power! Kill Whitey!

And Libya and potentially Syria have been started.

And we're still in Afghanistan.

(he forgot Iran as well)

This is the most irritating point that left wingers make. More than Obamacare or the Buffet Rule or anything, this makes me so furious. Obama did not kill Osama bin Laden. Obama did not take his life with his bare hands. He ordered for him to be killed, yes. But ever since 9/11, the Bush administration was constantly gathering information about his whereabouts, so the Obama administration had only a small amount of work to do in order to get bin Laden. How come nobody credits W with an assist? You know, for the 6-7 years of information he'd gathered before Obama even took office? At least give Bush his due credit. But you won't, because in your world (actually, in just about every left-winger's world) Bush did nothing right. Nothing. Not a thing. He only made this country worse and worse and basically put it on the brink of financial collapse (which he didn't do that by himself, but that's another debate) and so on and so forth. You liberals won't give Bush ANY credit. For anything. Bush could have gone to New Orleans hours before the levees broke, causing Katrina, and tried to seal the levees with bare hands and you wouldn't give him any credit. In fact, as soon as the levees broke, you'd be on your "IT'S BUSH'S FAULT" crusade. So the bin Laden point is moot. The job was nearly completed, and Obama was the one to finish it. Bush should be getting about as much credit for bin Laden's death as Obama in terms of Presidents, but SEAL team 6 deserves all of the credit, of course.

/rant

Also, this. Why does this thread belong on the 2012 board? Threads like this are the reason why people say the 2012 board is absolute crap.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 04:37:13 PM »

This is the most irritating point that left wingers make. More than Obamacare or the Buffet Rule or anything, this makes me so furious. Obama did not kill Osama bin Laden. Obama did not take his life with his bare hands. He ordered for him to be killed, yes. But ever since 9/11, the Bush administration was constantly gathering information about his whereabouts, so the Obama administration had only a small amount of work to do in order to get bin Laden. How come nobody credits W with an assist? You know, for the 6-7 years of information he'd gathered before Obama even took office? At least give Bush his due credit. But you won't, because in your world (actually, in just about every left-winger's world) Bush did nothing right. Nothing. Not a thing. He only made this country worse and worse and basically put it on the brink of financial collapse (which he didn't do that by himself, but that's another debate) and so on and so forth. You liberals won't give Bush ANY credit. For anything. Bush could have gone to New Orleans hours before the levees broke, causing Katrina, and tried to seal the levees with bare hands and you wouldn't give him any credit. In fact, as soon as the levees broke, you'd be on your "IT'S BUSH'S FAULT" crusade. So the bin Laden point is moot. The job was nearly completed, and Obama was the one to finish it. Bush should be getting about as much credit for bin Laden's death as Obama in terms of Presidents, but SEAL team 6 deserves all of the credit, of course.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02

“If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won’t act, we will.”
- Senator Barack Obama, responding to a question about Bin Laden being in Pakistan, 2007

That's Why.

>2002
>2007
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies