Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:25:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes."  (Read 2219 times)
Link
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »

My neighbor is on welfare and another is in bankruptcy.  Businesses have closed. 

If you knew my neighborhood, you would know what an indictment of Obama that is. 

Lol.  Just because something unfortunate happened in the J. J.verse doesn't mean it is an indictment of the President.  Even in the rip roaring economy of the Clinton years there were people on welfare and people going bankrupt in your neighborhood.
Link
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 05:59:48 PM »

Libya is over.  Zero coalition lives lost.  Cost about as much as a day in Iraq.  You complainin'?  You must really never vote Republican.  You should see their wars.
Link
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »

To even compare it Iraq and Afghanistan is dishonest and asinine...

You're right, to try to downplay Libya by comparing it to Iraq and Afghanistan, or any other conflict that wasn't solely unilateral, is dishonest.

I don't understand your point.  Neither Iraq, Afghanistan, nor Libya was solely unilateral.  We had broad international support (at least among NATO and "Western" countries) for Afghanistan and Libya, and much less, but still some, in Iraq.

The relevant point is that 0 Americans died for Libyan freedom (or "freedom"), while thousands of Americans died for Iraqi and Afghan "freedom."

Not that kind of unilateral, domestically unilateral without any respect for the War Powers Resolution. The relevant point is that the President declared a unilateral war w/out Congress

I see if it's a war that a few hundred rich white men approve of while BILLIONS of people around the world protest against it is okay.  But if BILLIONS of people around the world agree with the war but you don't seek the approval of a few hundred rich white men then it is a travesty?!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies