Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:17:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes."  (Read 2208 times)
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« on: September 03, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »

I hate that meme.  What shovel ready jobs?  What government bureaucracy is going to have plenty of constriction plans and environmental permits in hand for projects that they had no funding to achieve?

Actually, from my work experience, we actually had a lot of prospective projects lined that basically went "we're only going to do them if we get more money." Like a lot of stuff.

But then again, we didn't get sh**t from the stimulus. Well, besides a new office, which was actually quite unnecessary because the old office was quite fine.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »

And these projects were ones you could have put into immediate effect if you had the money?  No need for additional planning, permits, or qualified personnel to oversee them?

I mean, not all of them of course, but I think a good chunk of them, yeah. When a project is denied due to lack of funding, it's usually gotten to the point where one has planned it carefully enough to actually have cost projections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies