Rasmussen likely to show Romney +5- +8 ahead of Obama in the next several days (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:18:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rasmussen likely to show Romney +5- +8 ahead of Obama in the next several days (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen likely to show Romney +5- +8 ahead of Obama in the next several days  (Read 2232 times)
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« on: September 02, 2012, 12:50:02 AM »

Creating a virtual bounce doesn't actually make it more likely for Romney to get elected President. So I doubt there's any insidious partisan motivation.

Rasmussen probably thinks we will actually see an R+4 electorate. I greatly disagree, but I suppose it's not an impossible outcome.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:57:43 AM »

Rasmussen has a much better record on presidential elections than congressional elections. It's probably because turnout is higher and robo-calling works far better (which is what they do).

Which is why this R+4 doesn't make much sense. Though a possibility is that the R+4 actually IS the convention bounce.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 02:07:53 AM »

Rasmussen screwed up because robo-polling lower-turnout races has severe shortfalls.

Nate Silver, on average, found that Rasmussen polls tend to be 1.5 points more Republican than the average poll. Which is hardly hackery. It's perhaps wrong, but hardly hackery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies