Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 03:44:21 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  SENATE BILL: Shut Yo Face Resolution (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Shut Yo Face Resolution (Passed)  (Read 1412 times)
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 11:11:47 pm »
Ignore

Quote from: Current Text
A BILL

Recognizing the difficulty created for the Registrar General and other persons of responsibility who are necessitated by their office to utilize the registration thread for public services, by the posting of useless and unrelated content by Atlasians, this seeks to curb that problem.

This bill shall be entitled the "Shut Yo Face Act".

Section 1: The posting of content in the registration thread other than the requested information (name, state and party) by current members of Atlasians, shall be prohibited by Atlasian law.

Section 2: The penalty for the violation of this act shall include a six month ban from voting and a one year ban from holding office.  

Section 3. The SoFE shall create an official "Welcome Wagon" thread with the purpose of welcoming new registrees.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 11:15:01 pm »
Ignore

Quote from: Possible Resolution Amendment
A BILL RESOLUTION

Recognizing the difficulty created for the Registrar General and other persons of responsibility who are necessitated by their office to utilize the registration thread for public services, by the posting of useless and unrelated content by Atlasians, this seeks to curb that problem.

This bill shall be entitled the "Shut Yo Face Act Resolution".

Section 1: It is the sense of the Senate that the posting of content in the registration thread other than the requested information (name, state and party) by current members of Atlasia, is strongly condemned by the Senate of Atlasia.

Section 2: The penalty for the violation of this act shall include a six month ban from voting and a one year ban from holding office.  

Section 3. The SoFE shall create an official "Welcome Wagon" thread with the purpose of welcoming new registrees.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 12:58:10 am »
Ignore

Another esteemed constituent of mine has requested that whatever we do for punishments, that we extend it to include the Declaration Thread, also.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 01:04:54 am »
Ignore

Quote from: Constructing Amendment
A BILL

Recognizing the difficulty created for the Registrar General and other persons of responsibility who are necessitated by their office to utilize the registration New Register and Candidate Declaration threads for public services, by the posting of useless and unrelated content by Atlasians, this seeks to curb that problem.

Section 1: The posting of content in the registration thread New Register Thread other than the requested information (name, state and party) by current members of Atlasians, shall be prohibited by Atlasian law.

Section 2: The posting of content in the Candidate Declaration Thread other than the pertinent information relative to delcaring one's candidacy for office, as established by election law and/or precedent, shall be prohibited by Atlasian law.

Section 2 3: The penalty for the violation of this act shall include a six month ban from voting and a one year ban from holding office.  

Section 3 4. The SoFE shall create an official "Welcome Wagon" thread with the purpose of welcoming new registrees.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:46 am »
Ignore

Quote from: Amendment 50:40 by NC Yankee
A BILL

Recognizing the difficulty created for the Registrar General and other persons of responsibility who are necessitated by their office to utilize the registration New Register and Candidate Declaration threads for public services, by the posting of useless and unrelated content by Atlasians, this seeks to curb that problem.

Section 1: The posting of content in the registration thread New Register Thread other than the requested information (name, state and party) by current members of Atlasians, shall be prohibited by Atlasian law.

Section 2: The posting of content in the Candidate Declaration Thread other than the pertinent information relative to delcaring one's candidacy for office, as established by election law and/or precedent, shall be prohibited by Atlasian law.

Section 2 3: The penalty for the violation of this act shall include a six month ban from voting and a one year ban from holding office.  

Section 3 4. The SoFE shall create an official "Welcome Wagon" thread with the purpose of welcoming new registrees.

Sponsor Feedback: Origination

Due note that we aren't addressing the punishment issue with this, just expanding it to include the Candidate Declaration thread. So please only object, if you oppose that expansion.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:22:25 am by Senator North Carolina Yankee »Logged

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 01:26:04 am »
Ignore

The amendment from yesterday adding the Candidate declaration thread has passed.

So is there consensus on a reduced penalty act? If not, then I will offer the text changing this is into a resolution as a amendment when I come on tomorrow.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 12:29:47 am »
Ignore

Quote from: Amendment 50:42 by NC Yankee
A BILL RESOLUTION

This bill shall be entitled the "Shut Yo Face Act Resolution".

Section 1: It is the sense of the Senate that the posting of content in the registration thread other than the requested information (name, state and party) by current members of Atlasia, is strongly condemned by the Senate of Atlasia.

Section 32. The SoFE is recommended to create an official "Welcome Wagon" thread with the purpose of welcoming new registrees.

Sponsor Feedback: Origination

Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 05:44:28 pm »
Ignore

I can support the amended resolution.
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:32 am »
Ignore

The amendment has passed.

Senators this is now at final vote, please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 12:58:51 am »
Ignore

Nay.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 01:09:41 am »
Ignore

Quote from: Final Text
A RESOLUTION

This bill shall be entitled the "Shut Yo Face Resolution".

Section 2. The SoFE is recommended to create an official "Welcome Wagon" thread with the purpose of welcoming new registrees.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 11:27:40 am »
Ignore

Nay

I understand that greetings in the registration thread may seem to constitute clutter and may make Homely's job a little bit more difficult. He certainly has the power to ask that we refrain from posting such comments.

But I'm of the mind that those greetings have more positives than negatives. I think it would be a bit of an overreach to condemn behaviour that could be construed as positive. It shouldn't be our job to deal with issues like this one.

That being said, I respect Homely and will not be posting in his registration thread unless I have to. You'll notice that most people seem to be following his request anyway. I urge others to do the same.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 04:37:14 pm »
Ignore

Nay

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 10:52:43 pm »
Ignore

Aye
Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 11:59:13 pm »
Ignore

Nay

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2012, 12:00:00 am »
Ignore

Aye

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 11:00:46 am »
Ignore

Aye.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 12:04:23 am »
Ignore

Could we get some more votes here. It is 3-4, with 3 not voting.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2012, 12:30:36 am »
Ignore

Don't Make Me Come Over There!!! Wink

Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2012, 07:20:29 am »
Ignore

Aye

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 11:40:55 pm »
Ignore

We need either NVTownsend to brake this tie one way or the other, or we wait till the 22nd and have Nathan do the honors.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 11:24:29 pm »
Ignore

This will run out of time soon. I may not be on to end it at that time though. It will need a VP tie breaker unless NVTownsend votes before then.

Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2012, 12:40:45 am »
Ignore

Aye.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2012, 01:32:36 am »
Ignore

This is such a silly thing to pass. We really need another stickied thread that people will barely use on the general Atlasia board? Really guys?

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2012, 01:50:17 am »
Ignore

The senate needs The People back. Desperately.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout