Rumor: Ron Paul to endorse Gary Johnson on the Tonight Show, Tuesday. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:19:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rumor: Ron Paul to endorse Gary Johnson on the Tonight Show, Tuesday. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rumor: Ron Paul to endorse Gary Johnson on the Tonight Show, Tuesday.  (Read 4368 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: September 04, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »

What a coward.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:13:54 PM »

Some people, even some on this site, praise Ron Paul like he's such a hero leading a noble cause. He's spent his entire time in the last two presidential primaries bitching about establishment Republicanism, something Mitt Romney exudes, and, as I'm sure everyone knows, even ran as a Libertarian himself in 1988. No one with half a brain, surely, thinks that Ron Paul actually likes Mitt Romney over Gary Johnson. He just doesn't want to upset the Republican Party and make things difficult for his son. Granted, it's not as pansy-ass as his "I endorse voting your conscience!" BS from 2008, but it's still a weak move from someone who has, if nothing else, an "honest" persona.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »

After all, Marokai, Jill Stein is closer to your ideological beliefs but you still support Obama. Why? Because he has a better chance at winning.

You can bitch all you want about how if people vote their conscience then the two-party system will collapse, but people aren't going to vote their conscience. Why? Because of the two-party system. It's self-perpetuating.

A fair point, but Gary Johnson has a better chance at getting attention and votes than Jill Stein does, and I make no secret of the fact that I'm not voting for Jill Stein solely because of our two party system. It is self-perpetuating, but at least I'm being honest about it, unlike Ron Paul.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies